Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Deepzz- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
@ cutiee1992 : Some patience would be prudent . Give the moderator some time to give a response. Even if any other member responds or quotes your post and you disagree, rather than replying back , convey your complaints or concerns through report button or PM. Finger pointing , Getting antsy and fighting will not help your cause.
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

I agree. I also suggest that no GC critic/basher be added to the DT please.😊 If the DT gets new members, I want someone who doesn't even know GC to be added.😆

That will be me. 😛
Actually I don't know even a single telly star, so I guess me not knowing GC doesn't qualify. 🤔

Before, someone warns me for being off topic, let me quickly add something pertaining to the topic:

1. Your favourite celebrity ain't a china doll. Criticism ain't gonna break him.
Your favourite celebrity doesn't pay you either to be his/her PR person, so why bother getting into nasty fights on his/ her behalf. Report and forget.

2. Criticism should have valid points. If 'criticism' according to you means writing down some some unkind words in random, then don't cry if the DT doesn't find your criticism worthy enough to be published. IF has some standards you know, and you need to meet it. 😛

3. Obsessive fanaticism & obsessive bashing around a single celebrity are two sides of the same coin. The obsessive bashing is slightly more undesirable cos of all the negativity associated.

Happy discussion :)

TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
sourooo
u will be awesome DT ... we needed someone who does not know any telly star and not at all biased
Tanni is also unbiased but she was alone to handle the forum and right now its so messy
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: TheRowdiest

sourooo

u will be awesome DT ... we needed someone who does not know any telly star and not at all biased
Tanni is also unbiased but she was alone to handle the forum and right now its so messy

Ummm... I didn't mean to say that I am becoming a viewbie over here or something. I just came here cos Dex posted a link in BS CC. So, I was just checking it out.
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Souro my friend.. we need you here..
33789 thumbnail

Originally posted by: souro

Ummm... I didn't mean to say that I am becoming a viewbie over here or something. I just came here cos Dex posted a link in BS CC. So, I was just checking it out.

The way you write it is very easy to misunderstand you in that case😆 I thought you were to be the additional DT member too

To add another point related to discussion:

Have separate rules for CC. Other than no member bashing / personal member remarks, CC should be free to discuss other characters, shows and celebrity personal life. That is why it is called chit chat and not just to ask 'kaise ho', 'vacations started?' and stuff.
Edited by bulls-eye - 12 years ago
246851 thumbnail
I would jump with joy if souro joins. But he already has 5 forums on hand.
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
1. I think there should be a clear definition of what exactly spamming is. For example I think one thread about a contestant's costume and another about why the judging was off is totally fine, as they are both dealing with different things and might not fit into either the AT or the dance critique thread. Of course the topic should have something different and worth discussing for it to be an independent thread, which is why I suggest a clear definition of "spam" from the dev. team so there is no confusion and no one tries to claim their thread was unfairly closed.

2. I have noticed that there are a lot of relevant discussion threads that later turn into war zones because of one errant remark that everybody takes it upon themselves to reply to. I know it is more work for the dev. team, but if only those offending posts could be edited from the thread (like they were done on this thread, which is where I got the idea), it might be a lot more effective than closing the whole thread, which sometimes results in throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

3. Finally, you might want to reiterate that a member reporting a post does not automatically mean that post gets closed. It just gets referred to the dev. team for them to take a call on it. Even if 50 crazy fans report your post, there is no way it will get closed if it is not breaking any rules. If a post is closed, it means it was breaking rules as noted by the dev. team, who on this forum are very fair as far as I have seen. "Crazy" fans can, at the most argue and report. They do not have the power to close posts or restrict what people say on this forum. That power lies with the dev. team alone so the accusations need to stop.

That's all. Good luck to the dev. team! You are doing a great job so far, in a not so easy situation. I hope the new rules do help.
Edited by Samanalyse - 12 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: souro

That will be me. 😛
Actually I don't know even a single telly star, so I guess me not knowing GC doesn't qualify. 🤔

No, that'd be best actually.😳 Someone who is not acquainted with the television industry at all would be the best mod for a forum like this, so that they can be 100% unbiased with their judging.
But like someone else said, tannishta and Gur are doing a wonderful job moderating this forum and I'm really glad to have them here. It's not that I want them replaced, but I think they might need some help, especially later on when more eliminations start and fans/bashers get antsy. It's going to be really difficult stopping people from fighting and I don't want our mods to be stressed out unnecessarily.
Mohabbateinn thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I agree with many, but I disagree with others too. Here is what I propose:

I will only do freedom of speech because this is the MAIN concern.

1) Freedom of Speech

Everyone should be allowed to voice their opinion, and share their comments.
They should be allowed to criticize, and praise. If GC fans are praising him in other parts of the forum -- I believe this is OKAY. You cannot restrict one group to merely an AT -- while the others can go criticize in every part of the forum. BUT, if fans of one celebrity will be restricted to one thread, then the CRITICIZERS should ALSO be restricted to one thread.

2) THERE SHOULD BE RESPECT FOR ALL.

A lot of the members on this forum are calling each other names. For eg. someone told me recently "you act like a juvenile."

To me, that is name calling and should be stopped. Even if unknowingly, people are indulging in name calling. WHY can we NOT have a SIMPLE discussion or healthy debate WITHOUT this?😆 Does it help make their point stronger? No. It just makes a mockery out of their post.