Voice Your Opinion - New Section Rules!

gk_09 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago
Hi JDJ-ians,

The JDJ Devt Team is currently reviewing the section rules to make them more appropriate for the forum. We are reaching out to you, the members to help us compile a list of rules that you think should be added/amended.

Please note that your requests should be doable/reasonable and must abide by the IF COC.

If you have suggestions regarding the 'warning process', please feel free to voice them as well.

This thread will remain open until July 6th, 2012.

Over to you!

- GK
JDJ Devt Team

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
1. Spamming

please make a rule abt spamming

forum is full of spam threads

there is a thread calls post all GC articles here

then u daily see a new thread abt his new article...either close that thread or make sure no one post any of his new article in a new thread

same with SBS/ SBB/UMAT segments ...so many threads abt these segments abt Same person

2. Freedom

GC fans report each and every thread which does not praise GC , there shld be a freedom to be little funny , sarcastic ( within the rules ) bcz at the end of the day he is a public figure , a Celebrity and we r here to judge contestants in JDJ and we r here to enjoy the show ... when he performs bad we shld be allowed to say (example ) he was dancing like a statue , now its not bad but his fans does not even tolerate it , in bigg boss forum , bollywood forum we do use lots of words for contestants and celebs ( they r under COC bcz they r No abuse , no bad words and fans shld understand it )

calling him statue or Goroo is not bad , its no abuse and sorry but like them we can not call him Gurmeet ji

and yes please explain there is a lots of difference between making fun of a Celebrity and a Fellow Member

Celebrities are Public figures but Members are NOT

Edited by TheRowdiest - 12 years ago
adigaag thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Name calling and unnecessarily dragging in personal life of actors and actors not related to the show until and unless it is specifically mentioned in an article related to JDJ in topics posted should be given a warning without any notice.
All articles should be posted in one thread, separate one for each contestant and not in Appreciation threads. All other topics on artciles should be closed straight away.
Only one Appreciation thread per contestant.
General discussions on episodes can be carried out in separate threads not necessarily in one thread. There can be one sticky though.
Edited by adigaag - 12 years ago
Cursed_Love thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
1. without any reason can' t drag a actors personal life in any topic

2. can't insult a actors fan badly

3. everybody have the r8 to say what they want but everything have a limits people can talk whatever they want but they need to respect others fan and their opinion also no abusing lang and call anyone fan with bad names..

4. if we like someone than we have the r8 to talk about him/her whatever we want like praising him/her body, we can also talk about his/her look how much he/she looking hot in jdj epi etc..

5. my last and main opinion can't call a contestants with bad name/ abuse them with bad language they have also a name if anyone want to give their opinion over a contestants/actors they need to call him/her with his/her name not with any random/bad name...

Edited by Cursed_Love - 12 years ago
TinkerBella thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
people can't call a contestant with any other names they need to call him/her with his name like somone said they can't call gurmeet with his name they want to call him
in their statue with Goroo name i think if they can't call a contestant with their name than they need to stop talking about him/her its not a big thing to call a actor with his/her name if they call him/her with any other name than i think u guys need to close/delete this topic... every contestant have a name and they need to respect them people can give their opinion over a contestant but they need to call him/her with their real name not any other random name...

stay out of contestant personal life from jdj forum bcs its dance show ...

can't insult a contestant fan and call them with bad name

MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
In all seriousness.. we know what type of suggestions will be put forward here. I'm not criticizing anybody here.. everybody has the right to state their opinions and as mature people we all should accept criticism with a pinch of salt. Criticism is never bad if it is constructive. The problem here is if a person criticizes a celebrity on the show any body no names here the fans don't like it. Some are too attached to their fav celebrities that they start name calling the person who was criticizing. It is bashing in their eyes while it is merely criticism. Saying that a certain person was dancing like an electric pole means he had way too much energy in him/her..An example of any sort can be used until and unless there's no profanity used in it and it is not offensive. I will put down my points as to whatever I think should be followed.

1. Differentiate between criticism and bashing: Not all criticism is bashing. Try to understand what the person is saying before you become hyper or start name calling. This goes to critics too..
  2. Freedom of speech: Analyze what it means.. refer to the dictionary. Freedom of speech is not entitled to one group it's for the whole forum.
  3. Limiting the posts: We should not have gazillion threads for one person on the forum. You come onto the forum and see million articles, same articles posted thrice, 4 times etc. Post the articles in the AT and update the AT heading.. People will check it. Keep the forum open for all kinds of discussion and don't cluster it with hundred million articles of any celebrity for that matter..
  4. Words mean not what you think: Annoying, Irritating, pathetic, disgusting are not Profanity and swear words. Again refer to the dictionary to see what they mean..They are used in every day life. Please don't assume if someone is using those words they are cursing the celebrity.. don't jump to conclusions.
  5. Stop abusing the report button: Act like mature people.. Stop abusing that poor report button.. It's crying now..sort out your differences in a cool and calm manner.
  6. No name Calling: Do not name call members like shakuni, B****, Raavan etc etc. You don't know the people here so don't assume things again and never stereotype.
  7. Celebrities are public figures: They are in the show people will like and dislike them.. It's very subjective not what all I like should be liked by everyone. Don't put words into other people's mouth. Let them voice their opinions. If they say they didn't like the performance don't unnecessarily stuff your opinions down their throat because it's not gonna change anything but will only make it worse..Agree to disagree and finish it then and there..
I hope we all abide by the rules here, make the forum open for all kinds of criticism. When a show is made for it's target audience criticism is very natural. If I'm not entertained by the show I will voice my opinion. The show is made for me to watch as I'm the audience and if audience doesn't like it they have all the right to criticize the show.. When you don't like anybody criticizing your fav actor think about someone on the show you don't like and how you would criticize them. Don't be blindly in love with your fav celebrities they are not even aware of your presence. Be mature and act mature.
aanyakunat thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i agree with adigaag...
i only wish people learn to respect others... each person has a right to their opinions... but there should be a manner in which the opinions are put across... i don't think it's difficult to be civil and respect each other's feelings.. purposely making posts to mock somebody is not constructive criticism... criticism is constructive only when it is related to the show... i hope the mods remember that...
adigaag thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: aanyakunat

i agree with adigaag...
i only wish people learn to respect others... each person has a right to their opinions... but there should be a manner in which the opinions are put across... i don't think it's difficult to be civil and respect each other's feelings.. purposely making posts to mock somebody is not constructive criticism... criticism is constructive only when it is related to the show... i hope the mods remember that...

Hi Neeri(correct?๐Ÿ˜•), m Aditi๐Ÿ˜Š
@bold
1st point put forth by me and the bold part combined together will never lead to bashing of members...then it entirely depends on whether some people wanna follow it or not
Edited by adigaag - 12 years ago
melody442 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
1. Differentiation between Criticism and bashing:

Just as all criticism is not bashing,in the same way all bashing cannot be overlooked as criticism. There has been lot of instigation and personal comments on celebrities as well as fans. Saying that XYZ needs to improve/work hard is criticism,but stating that he/she needs to take another birth to become a human/dancer,is bashing. Also mocking someone's name
or calling them a liar isnt criticism IMO.

2. No personal attacks on members:

This applies to all fans as well as non fans. Terming a fan group as immature/teenagers/stupids/droolers,or saying that they just drool/worship or report, or mocking them is not acceptable. Just because they love and respect a celebrity doesnt necessarily mean that their IQ level is 0,and others can pass judgement on them. A little patience from fans too. Even if someone's posts are provoking try to just report or ignore, rather than getting personal.

3. No personal life/other show discussions:

There shouldnt be any personal life discussions of any celebrity,or any indirect mocking. How a celebrity is conducting or conducted his/her personal life is none of our business. Discussions should be limited to the performances of the celebrity performing in the show. Also no discussion about the present or past shows or forums of a celebrity. How YYZ is acting in another show,or show before that,shouldnt be discussed here. Also what happened in his/her earlier show forums isnt related to this forum, so is not required here.

4. One Appreciation Thread:

It is already enforced,but still,there should be only one appreciation thread for a celebrity. It is convenient for all members as forum is less cluttered,and there is no confusion.

5. No Direct/ Indirect sarcasm or digs:

They do nothing else than provoking a particular group and creating an unpleasant atmosphere. Direct sarcasm is still easy to respond to or report, but many times members indulge in indirect sarcasm/mocking of celebrities. Almost everyone understands the celebrity being targeted, yet nothing can be done, as they havent named the celebrity even if its obvious. So a check should be kept on this.

6. Freedom of expression:

For both critics as well as supporters in a healthy way. If someone likes a particular celebrity, doesnt mean that he/she has no right to express his opinions outside the Appreciation thread. Just as some people can dislike a performance,in the same way some members can like a performance too. And if they give their view supporting the performance in a healthy manner,doesnt mean that they are trying to convert a thread into appreciation thread. They are just expressing their opinion. And if that is not possible there should be only one criticism thread for each episode. It doesnt make sense that those who appreciate can do so in only one thread,and those who criticize can do so in every single thread.

7.No multiple Quoting:

At times members keep quoting same reply,or each other's post again and again without adding anything to it. It looks like spamming, so multiple quoting without adding anything should be avoided.

Edited by -enchanted- - 12 years ago
246851 thumbnail
my suggestion is:

A member can not, under any circumstance, no matter how much provoked he/ she was attack another member. Calling members the following:

sick, losers, no life, low life, bitch, haters, stalkers, immature, stupid, annoying, throw actor out coz their fans are annoying, 12 year old pankhi etc.

This will result in a direct 20% raise in Warning Level directly. This is the root of all troubles.

Also Freedom of expression comes with a certain responsibility. People must pause a moment and think before posting. Freedom of expression does not entitle one to ruthlessly mock any celeb for no apparant reason or rile up members.

Patience:

It would be easier if problems could be solved instantly, or when a offending thread is only on its first page. However it cannot happen due to real life taking precedence. So a request to be patient. Please wait for atleast 24 hours before blaming the DT, opening blame posts, sending the DT incessant pms.