TOI: Dance is not my comfort zone-Sanath

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Dance is not my comfort zone: Sanath Jaysuriya

Shruti Jambhekar, TNN | Jun 30, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Read More:Sanath Jaysuriya|Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5
Dance is not my comfort zone: Sanath Jaysuriya
Sanath Jaysuriya More Pics
He believes in action rather than talks, and his batting has done it for him in international cricket. That's Sanath Jaysuriya, the legendary Sri Lankan cricketer for you.

With an exceptionally great cricket career both in the test cricket and ODIs, Sanath has been a hot favourite of T20 cricket as well. And if that wasn't enough, he has been juggling between cricket and politics for two years now. Currently, he is hogging the limelight as a participant in dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5. Excerpts from an interview:

Rendezvous With Dance
We dance at post match parties. But it's not anything close to the dance taught here. My legs can move on the cricketing field, not for these dance sequences. It is not my comfort zone. I don't like to dance. Although, my choreographer is making me learn salsa, jive, it is a new learning experience for me.

'Fan'tastic
I am a huge fan of Rajnikanth but I don't think I can manage even half of the dance moves. I love his movies and his dance, but I can't copy him.

Reality Talk
I was approached for many reality shows in Sri Lanka, but I couldn't do it. I am still pondering over the reasons on what made me take up this show. I'm too shy, and I have never been exposed to camera. Even my parents were concerned about how I will do this dance show. Few of my friends have been encouraging and others are criticizing it as well. Like my fans support me for cricket, I hope they will support me for this show.

Political Take
Politics just happened to me. Juggling between cricket and politics is a tough task. But, it feels good to contribute effectively. I was happy when I learnt about Sachin Tendulkar's political innings, I wish him a good luck.

I, Me, Myself
I'm a simple family person. I love to listen to music, watch TV and I watch many Tamil films and few Bollywood films. I follow Buddhism and like to meditate. It is the spiritual connect that makes me balance the chaos around. I believe in Tirupati Balaji too and am a frequent visitor. Cricket is my passion and it has given me so much!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TanShi_CrazyLuv thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
we knw sanath u r just on JDJ5 set to enjy ur dance soo keep enjying
ridakhankibua thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Yes we love you just the way you are. I respect you as most finest world cricketer. Keep working hard.
roseheart11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
his smile is awesome...like his smile a lot...nice person...and though nt a gud dancer..hes trying his best...
mahelalover thumbnail
Who you are is awesome enough Sanath. Ignore the Haters. Sri Lanka forever loves you. In the earlier episode it was cute when he said "gedara yanawoo... Im going home" hehehe
Ubiquitos thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
It was an awesome interview of Sanath!!!
He is a legandary cricketer and that is more than enough for us :). He is a nice person too. So best wishes to him!!