Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: starstruckk

first it was the writer's fault for having Falak written in such a way..then it became the director's fault for not being able to provide proper reasoning. πŸ˜†

in btwn this, the actress playing the role has nothing to do with Falak's portrayal by any means. gotcha. πŸ˜†

wow! u cannot handle criticism against this show can u?? πŸ˜† the reasoning is not provided, and that is the biggest fault, I don't know who to blame the writer or the director, but either of the two are at fault, and ur ugly salman is not acting well at all, but u do not seem to criticise him, biased muchπŸ˜›
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nkapoor3

wow! u cannot handle criticism against this show can u?? πŸ˜† the reasoning is not provided, and that is the biggest fault, I don't know who to blame the writer or the director, but either of the two are at fault, and ur ugly salman is not acting well at all, but u do not seem to criticise him, biased muchπŸ˜›

LoL..I like this drama, but that won't stop me from criticizing things I'm not liking within it & I'm sure that's the case with everyone.

Also, you're the one constantly defending Mahira's acting thus far in this show by a.) blaming the writer..b.) blaming the director..what's next? I'm not the only one who thinks she's crying horrendously in this drama,.however, you feel the need to prove otherwise by bringing in how it's everyone's elses fault. & I can't take criticism about this drama? irony much? πŸ˜†
why are you getting so personal by bringing in Salman? πŸ˜† the fact that you need to resort to such comments shows where you stand here. πŸ˜†

Nkapoor3 thumbnail

LoL..I like this drama, but that won't stop me from criticizing things I'm not liking within it & I'm sure that's the case with everyone.

Also, you're the one constantly defending Mahira's acting thus far in this show by a.) blaming the writer..b.) blaming the director..what's next? I'm not the only one who thinks she's crying horrendously in this drama,.however, you feel the need to prove otherwise by bringing in how it's everyone's elses fault. & I can't take criticism about this drama? irony much? πŸ˜†
why are you getting so personal by bringing in Salman? πŸ˜† the fact that you need to resort to such comments shows where you stand here. πŸ˜†

it was you who started the condenscending shit with the laugh emoticons, yes the director/writer is at fault the love of falak is not shown well, the reasoning is not justified!
Nkapoor3 thumbnail

Shehr-e Zaat – Episode 6

Posted by SZ On August - 4 - 2012
38 Votes

Fifi, woh value kar payega is ki?
Of course karega! Aur agar main doongi to zaroor karega….

Was this an exchange just about a mere painting or was it about Hamza questioning Falak on the wisdom of handing her heart on a silver platter to Salman? Without having been provided any substantial encouragement, why is Falak so confident about Salman? How is she so sure of her place in his life? As Hamza repeatedly keeps asking her, why is she so blinded? Can she not see Salman as the shallow, egotistical person he is?

Such is Falak's absolute faith, however, that nothing, not even Rushna's eye rolling and gentle sarcasm or Hamza's long-suffering sighs and repeated admonitions, is going to deter her from her single minded pursuit of this man, whom she sees as an embodiment of all her conscious and unconscious desires. So yes, in all ways that matter, Falak is rightly an idiot and fully deserving of all the pain she is presently suffering, and will continue to suffer throughout the course of her ill-fated relationship with Salman.

But, on the other hand, is Falak's obsession for Salman something she can control? Can she harness this flood of emotions that has engulfed her? Why doesn't she heed reason, dump the egotistical Salman and appreciate Hamza's love? Why is a self-obsessed girl like Falak willing to accept Salman nonchalant dismissal of her affections? Falak, where has your self-respect gone? Why Falak? Why are you doing this?

These are the kinds of questions that we have been asking repeatedly. Today too, we saw Falak continue along the same self-destructive path, BUT, at the same time we were also provided a lovely insight into Falak's insanity. Drawing on her intriguing life experiences (I hope we hear more about the two naanaas) and her innate wisdom, as naani patiently explains to her distraught granddaughter, much as we might think otherwise we have absolutely no control over our minds and hearts – jab Allah chahta hai insaan ka dil yoon pher leta hai…Allah ke hukum ke beghair kuch ho bhi tau nahin sakta…Insaan agar chahey bhi na tau apni marzi se ek saans bhi nahin ley sakta …

Lovely lines like these have now become a hallmark of Shehr-e Zaat. As viewers we are challenged weekly to engage with characters that are not just unidimensional paper cutouts, with no substance. Rather, these are multifaceted characters, real in the sense that we've all come across a Falak or two, and we've all seen guys like Salman in action. During these past weeks, we've gotten to know Falak, Hamza and Salman quite well. We've see not only their interactions with each other, heard their self-doubts, and shared their moments of joy and suffering, but we've also gotten an insight into why they act the way they do, their conscious and unconscious motivations. For me, naani is the real storyteller in Shehr-e Zaat. Falak, Hamza, Salman, Mehrunissa, and Rushna are merely acting out her story, and its various facets, to help us better understand what is lacking within us, what is it that we as humans need to learn to live up to the title of Ashraf-ul Makhlooqaat.

Shehr-e Zaat is gradually blossoming into an enchanting tale of mirrors and reflections. Falak and Hamza have turned into images of each other, both like moths to a flame, uncaring, and unheeding of the dire consequences. Similarly, while Falak is pursuing an uncaring Salman, she is also unconsciously mirroring his actions. She spurns Hamza's affections with as much disdain as Salman does hers. All three of them caught up in a frenzy that is now an uncontrollable madness. Who out of these three will be the first to pause and reflect on the truth reflected in the mirror – not a worldly mirror, but that which lies buried in all of us and needs only to be polished to see the true beloved reflected within?

Needless to say another week, another lovely episode; with every new installment Umera Ahmed and Sarmad Khoosat are outdoing themselves in bringing to life a story that goes beyond the realm of the run-of-the- mill stories. Kudos to the entire team of SeZ for a fantastic job; all actors deserve equal praise, it is very hard to pinpoint one over other – all are doing justice to their very complex characters. The cameramen, the technicians, the creative teams, all are equally worthy of praise.

Looking forward to next chapter!

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

it was you who started the condenscending shit with the laugh emoticons, yes the director/writer is at fault the love of falak is not shown well, the reasoning is not justified!

the emoticons are there for a reason...to use. you're free to use them yourself like everyone else.

Like I said, I disagree with all your justifications. Actors & actresses ACT onscreen, they TRY portraying a character to the best of their ability. Sometimes, they pull it off naturally and other times they don't...but to go around in circle blaming the writer & director and practically everyone & everything except the actor/actress trying to depict the character itself is beyond me to say the least. No, I'm not hating on the drama..I watch it for a reason..if I find certain flaws within it, I'll criticize them..so far Mahira has had the most scenes in the drama because the drama revolves more or less about her. I find her to be the weakest link thus far..if you disagree..fine..but to resort to things like "what about your ugly Salman?" that's nothing but childish. πŸ˜† I couldn't care less if you find him ugly or an horrendous actor.
Nkapoor3 thumbnail

the emoticons are there for a reason...to use. you're free to use them yourself like everyone else.

Like I said, I disagree with all your justifications. Actors & actresses ACT onscreen, they TRY portraying a character to the best of their ability. Sometimes, they pull it off naturally and other times they don't...but to go around in circle blaming the writer & director and practically everyone & everything except the actor/actress trying to depict the character itself is beyond me to say the least. No, I'm not hating on the drama..I watch it for a reason..if I find certain flaws within it, I'll criticize them..so far Mahira has had the most scenes in the drama because the drama revolves more or less about her. I find her to be the weakest link thus far..if you disagree..fine..but to resort to things like "what about your ugly Salman?" that's nothing but childish. πŸ˜† I couldn't care less if you find him ugly or an horrendous actor.

hang on wasn't it you who kept on arguing with me because of him? and tried to prove how he was actually handsome?? why do u always think u r right??? I can be right also, the story is not extremely realistic nor the characterisation according to me. the only sane person I find is humza!! it is u who cannot take opinions, it was you who quoted me first!

?? are u kidding me?? mahira can cry, she can emote amazingly well, she made me cry when she was khirad so many times, it is the character that people are finding hard to relate with

That was Khirad, not Falak. Big difference.

Mahira was amazing as khirad, no doubt about that. But here shes acting very badly
Nkapoor3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: _QueenofHearts_

That was Khirad, not Falak. Big difference.

Mahira was amazing as khirad, no doubt about that. But here shes acting very badly

hang on wasn't it mahira who portrayed falak?? so offcourse she can act and cry

her over the top crying does make sense because she is suppose to be in a lot of love with this guy, but the director has not been able to provide proper reasoning for it

The only reason why we cant understand her character is because she isnt acting it out properly, thats why I said Saba Qamar would have suited this role much better
Nkapoor3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: _QueenofHearts_

The only reason why we cant understand her character is because she isnt acting it out properly, thats why I said Saba Qamar would have suited this role much better

I do not think so, if her acting was not going well the director would have given her tips and made her do retakes