This Forum needs a MAKEOVER!

423728 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
*Plops a dummy into Devdas's whinging mouth and settles beside the pool side, drunkenly sipping the infamous Devdas glass bottle*. 'Kaun kambakht bardaasht karne ke liye peeta hai? Hum toh peete hai ke yaha par beth sake, tumhe dekh sake, Jhalak Dikhla Ja ki forum bardaasht kar sake'. I'm not even going to lie, I tried typing the dialogues whilst watching the clip on Youtube but I realized that I'm going to sound a tad like Katrina Kaif - hence the brain cells that decided to go absent during my exams came rushing forward and urged me to use GOOGLE instead.

SO ladies and any present gentleman, I greet you *Om Shanti Om epic slow motion wave*. I'm not going to babble for too long, so let's get to the point shall we? This forum is horrendous. Woah that was a mouthful! In more descriptive terms, this forum is basically the virtual version of '2082398329 shades of Grey'. Didn't make sense? Let me make it sound much more worse. This forum is basically as horrible as the sparkles that penetrate Edward Cullen's tinkerbell body. *Drops to the ground and sobs to the Persian carpet*. I had to stoop that low to describe this! Wait wait wait do you want me to use more examples? I'm keen and willing. 🀣 I don't have anything better to do anyway.

• This forum is more tiresome than watching Prena, Tulsi, Kripa and Parvati contributing their tears to the Nile river.
  • This forum would even make the 200 year old BAA from KSBKBT age.
  • This forum would frustrate Prena enough to allow her to plop out her 10th child without even serving the 9 month pregnancy period.
  • This forum would even blind the 'Seducing-red-dupaata' in losing it's way from gobsmackling the heroes face!
  • This forum would even render Devdas sober 🀣. Heck! This forum would even make Paro run a bit bloody faster from trying to escape from the horrors of JDJ. Except she wont be running to Devdas, she would be stepping over him in her haste to escape.
  • This forum would compel Salman Khan to really go crazy in Tere Naam without the support of the train tracks.
  • This forum would even make a sane, rich and successful man like Aamir Khan to forget his memory without the need of a metal rod. Jhalak Dikhla Jaa would be tattooed upon his chest with our IF usernames inscribed in every vein for revenge and future assassinating purposes. I bet 98.9% of us wouldn't want him to have his 15 minute memory back at any cost now! 🀣

Anyhow, I think you have all reached a conclusion. This forum is really quite awful AND I have watched way too many shows and movies. Don't you all miss the good old days when humans used to sit with a cup of tea and respectfully discuss/criticize and/or debate about certain topics? The debate would be fair, rationale and within limits. At the end, every individual would conclude that we all have our own opinions and we would trot off, leaving our cup of tea and praying that our mothers would not chase us with a shoe for not washing the dishes (# Story of my existence). That was how simple life used to be!

But what do we have here?

A simple healthy conversation is being spammed, attacked, ridiculed and the opinions of members are being tread upon JUST because some individuals cannot handle a differing opinion. Are we so narrow minded now? Because someone likes a certain celebrity, then is the entire population entitled to follow your footsteps? I do not like Katrina Kaif and no matter how many Chikni Chameli moves she does towards my direction, I will NOT like her. Ever. Period. Full stop and exclamation mark! I have stated that opinion, debated with friends and eventually nodded heads and reaffirmed that we just simply have different tastes. Did we get offended? Nope. Did she sarcastically mock my tastes? Nope. Did I get personal with her? Nope. Why? Because, Katrina Kaif ain't present to appreciate any of ours words. I'm pretty sure she wouldn't give a rats ass either. So is it worth it to get into fights with other members over a celebrity that does not even know of our existence!? (Although it is totally their loss for not knowing me 🀣).

We are entitled to have our favourites. We can even be biased if we want. But that does not mean we cannot welcome healthy criticism whence stated. I even criticize my own favorites, however that does not make me any less of a fan than someone who blindly compliments the very air, molecule and atom that is surrounding them. For example, I'm watching this show solely for GC. I also happen to LOVE Salman! If Salman and his partners (I forget her name RIGHT this very second and I am way too lazy to try and find out) performance was amazing, then it was downright freaking amazing. If their performance was poor, than it was downright freaking poor. Similarly, despite being a fan of GC - if his performance had flaws, then POKE me in the eye because you cannot help but find the flaws. Nobody is perfect. Instead of being optimistic and hoping that the celebrity does better, why must we attack anyone else who has a different opinion? Vise versa, if a member likes a certain celebrity - then why must they be mocked?

I'm no raving innocent either. I've had my fair share of mocking other members in any forum, but for the first time I reflected on my actions and realized that I did not receive any pleasure and nor did I gain anything from the act. Before being fans, we are human beings. It is these human beings that would willingly give you advice if you ever have any concerns. It is these human beings that would listen to your words when no one else is present to listen. It is these human beings that urge you to stand independently on your own two feet to face the world. It is these human beings that represent humanity. The celebrities do not listen to your concerns. If I had a problem, would I try to contact a celebrity (Impossible - really.) or would I talk to someone that I can have access too? You all know the answers and yet you attack, mock and create an ugly atmosphere to the very same 'humans' that could become a friend or even an acquaintance whether it's Virtually or in person. Is it worth hurting each others feelings for the sake of a celebrity? Ask yourself, is it really worth it?

We may be keyboard warriors behind the computer screen but do not forget that we all have feelings. Ironically, even a simple little online conversation can cause us to cry harder than any heroine in Bollywood ever did. But is a reality show even worth hurting someone's feelings? I think not. People get carried away in their fanaticism and sarcastic comments, we are human after all. However, why is this forum such a dark place? Because being 'carried away' is only a figure of speech in comparison to the insults and hatred flung at one another.

Is it too late to have a fresh start? Could we not objectively watch this show, compliment their efforts, criticize a poor dance move and yet continue to love our favourites without being mocked or attacked? If you feel that your actions have been severe, do not hesitate in PM-ing a certain member or even publicly apologizing for your actions. Apologizing makes you the better person and the person who forgives you is even better for not holding any grudges. Life is short, so have fun with it peeps! 😊

Also, Mods - we appreciate the fact that your trying hard to maintain peace in this forum. Your a strong virtual person because if it were me, I would close every thread and run like a psycho woman singing Tere Naam alongside Salman Khan. πŸ˜‰

Sorry for the essay. Good Lord if only I could write as much in my essays! The font is so small as well! 🀣 Whereas in my exams, the font is Like this. In order to give the optical illusion that I have written a lot and pray to God that the teacher does not have enough spare time to conduct a word count.

Goodbye
fellow members of humanity and hope you all have a great 'peaceful' day or night ahead of you.

Regards

Sammy

Edited by _SiinnceMaan_ - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-ProudGCian- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
πŸ‘ πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
A very much needed post...
U said it all...Nothing more than i have 2 say...

At the moment...

Edited by AmeTz - 12 years ago
gururockss thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
edited
must say samy dear it was a much needed post we needed some one to do it
thanx for the awesome post
i agree with amu that sam said it all so nothing left for us to say but phir bhi main yahi kehna chahonge that we came to this forum to enjoy our time and have fun and make new friends and interact with fans of different celebrities but unfortunately it hasnt happened yet
let s hope for a better future and a peaceful forum
Edited by gururockss - 12 years ago
423728 thumbnail
The reserved comments better be healthy, nice and optimistic! πŸ˜†
423728 thumbnail

In summary:

A celebrity is not worth abusing or insulting anyone. Everyone should have the right to be entitled to their own opinions.

Make sense now?
= )
NxtRockstar.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Kudos to you for this post!!πŸ‘
I will not say that I think the same or I wanted to say the same. I didn't even had the sight of this side of the coin. I was an ambiguous person who was swinging somewhere between "am I right to feel offended when I see someone mocking my likes?? or Am I just exaggerating???
Thanks to you for this post!!
Yup it's never too late to give it a fresh start!! I have favorite here and I feel offended(I don't know why) when someone criticize him. But isn't that too much to ask from the ones who don't feel the same for him??? I mean as I have the right to praise him or drool over him, others who differs, have also have that right to state their POV!!

I will not write a lot but I just want to say that any healthy discussion, criticism or POVs are welcomed from my side and I will respect that too.

We all differ in one way or another and we can't do much about that. we can praise or dislike someone but we can't made others to behave in our way!!

I am certainly in for making this forum a better place for healthy discussions like a family does...πŸ˜ƒ

423728 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nxt_rockstar

Kudos to you for this post!!πŸ‘

I will not say that I think the same or I wanted to say the same. I didn't even had the sight of this side of the coin. I was an ambiguous person who was swinging somewhere between "am I right to feel offended when I see someone mocking my likes?? or Am I just exaggerating???
Thanks to you for this post!!
Yup it's never too late to give it a fresh start!! I have favorite here and I feel offended(I don't know why) when someone criticize him. But isn't that too much to ask from the ones who don't feel the same for him??? I mean as I have the right to praise him or drool over him, others who differs, have also have that right to state their POV!!

I will not write a lot but I just want to say that any healthy discussion, criticism or POVs are welcomed from my side and I will respect that too.

We all differ in one way or another and we can't do much about that. we can praise or dislike someone but we can't made others to behave in our way!!

I am certainly in for making this forum a better place for healthy discussions like a family does...πŸ˜ƒ

Thank you! = ) Took me a while to type up as well. It seems that my fingers type faster than the workings of my brain. Ended up initially writing mumbo jumbo πŸ˜†.

I have my favourites too and at times I do feel the need to defend them WHEN the topic is getting out of hand. I mean it's only natural that you try to defend your likes or dislikes. But I believe getting personal or raging over a criticism is passing the boundaries.

I drool and criticize my own likes. That does not make me any less of a fan than someone who croons over every single thing and attacks you for not agreeing with them. Hell, I once stated that a 'certain' celebrity looks so much better with a stubble and I was reported and hated on! There is a fine line to everything.

But thank you for understanding! Hopefully this forum would eventually opt for a better atmosphere!
423728 thumbnail

@ Ametz - Thank you babe 😊. Great image you uploaded!
-ProudGCian- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: _SiinnceMaan_

@ Ametz - Thank you babe 😊. Great image you uploaded!

I supposed 2 thank u for wat u made...πŸ€—Thank u...

NinnzGm thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Great post!
the members in this forum should read it and try to take in as much as possible!
I mean you said it all!