The curious case of sajid khan...

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago
hey all...
ok so we all love to hate sajid khan...the guy makes tall claims, thinks he knows everything and makes shitty movies..(well according to most ppl on cyberspace anyway)
BUT...
his claims always come true, his films are magic at the BO, he really does know how to make hit films even if they are "shitty" according to the majority...
so how does tht work???
Deep deep deep down, is he really a director who knows his job too well?? coz hit films mean a certain majority has liked the film and is even willing to re-watch it..now thts a big feat when filmmakers struggle to keep the audience attention alive for 2 hours...
or perhaps he knows his audience too well that he hasnt delivered a flop so far?..is there always going to be an audience cheering for his brand of cinema?? should we diss a filmmaker for sticking to what works for him and not venturing out of his comfort zone?? coz the last time tht happened...we got craptastic crap like MNIK and KANK...not saying KKHH or K3G were masterpieces,but they were films which worked with a large section of the audience...
does he deserve credit for being brutally honest and proving his tall claims right time and again? or does he deserve brickbats for making "bad" films...
DISCUSS...๐Ÿ˜Ž

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
The problem with someone ALWAYS sticking to their comfort zone is that after a while they get repetitive and people get tired of them. The biggest such example is Subhash Ghai...at one time he was the biggest producer-director in B town. Just look at him today where he is.
791198 thumbnail
I think most people diss him for being a blowhard rather than for being repetitive. Its only a matter of time before he succumbs to a fate mirroring that of Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Subhas Ghai. Can't afford to be a redundant blowhard without paying for it at some point in time.

P:S: Nice title Smartie. ๐Ÿ˜†
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
I hate Sajid Khan and his brand of films. There's nothing even remotely funny about them and they're pretty darn vulgar. I don't care if he changes his style..I won't be caught dead watching them after torturing myself through Heyy Babyy and Housefull 1. IMO this guy only deserves brickbats. How his films do so well is beyond me. I so badly want him to have a flop.
Farah Khan is 10 times funnier.
fire_gun thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: -ksh-

The problem with someone ALWAYS sticking to their comfort zone is that after a while they get repetitive and people get tired of them. The biggest such example is Subhash Ghai...at one time he was the biggest producer-director in B town. Just look at him today where he is.

biggest example is david dhawan๐Ÿ˜‰
pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
wht i like abt sajid is tht unlike SLB or Subhash gai, he dosent proclaim himself to be the best director ever and neither does he say his films are masterpieces...he dosent give himself titles like "showman" and neither does he belittle people who dont like his cinema (like SLB does...apparently if u didnt like saawariya u have no taste in art)...
he just minds his own business...he jus says "i make hit films...take it or leave it..."
I used to detest the guy after heyy baby but i dunt mind him too much now...i saw a lot of interviews of his...KWK,BH etc...and he really does seem to know a lot abt cinema...hes very knowledgable in tht aspect and wants to make the kind of movies hes been bought up with...if thts 80s cheesy masala with vulgarity thrown in, so be it..
its quite easy to dislike such people, but i think im seeing his POV too now...
i think hes not as bad as some people make him out to be...
Edited by pathaka - 12 years ago
-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
it would be a shame to call housefull 2 good cinema. period!
I dont get it, seriously!
its like the crapier the movie, the better business it will do! Housefull was still bearable but housefull 2, i mean what you add more and more characters and ask all of them to ham when their scenes come, looked like that though
Movies like bodygaurd, ready etc were crap as well BUT atleast they have a story line or something. Sajid's movies are total crap, housefull 2 was a disaster to watch and to make it worse he takes all the non-actors in his movies baring akshay and ritesh to some extent!
453365 thumbnail
No, it does not mean he's a good director at all.

It just means he plays it safe.

Hey Baby
Houseful
Houseful 2

All multi starer comedy films. They almost always always do good business.

Just last year you had Ready,YPD, Double Dhamaal.Only Ready had a superstar. The only films of the genre, that hasen't done well in the last couple of years is No Problem. Its a guaranteed success.

Now he's doing masala remake. Can you play it any safer fat boy?

gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: pathaka

wht i like abt sajid is tht unlike SLB or Subhash gai, he dosent proclaim himself to be the best director ever and neither does he say his films are masterpieces...he dosent give himself titles like "showman" and neither does he belittle people who dont like his cinema (like SLB does...apparently if u didnt like saawariya u have no taste in art)...

he just minds his own business...he jus says "i make hit films...take it or leave it..."
I used to detest the guy after heyy baby but i dunt mind him too much now...i saw a lot of interviews of his...KWK,BH etc...and he really does seem to know a lot abt cinema...hes very knowledgable in tht aspect and wants to make the kind of movies hes been bought up with...if thts 80s cheesy masala with vulgarity thrown in, so be it..
its quite easy to dislike such people, but i think im seeing his POV too now...
i think hes not as bad as some people make him out to be...

No he doesn't claim to be making masterpieces..but he does think of himself as the new Hrishkesh Mukherjee. ๐Ÿคข
Cotillion thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I would rather sit through a satsang than watch a sajid khan movie.