Fans: Stop Saying GC is a NON-DANCER (With Proof)

Sarikakapoor thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

THIS MESSAGE IS FOR ALL THE FANS OF JHALAK DIKHLAA JAA 5

Those who keep saying that Gurmeet Choudhary is NON-DANCER, please read this completely with GC's own words and here is the PROOF. I am not making this up, its from his own blog. If he has learned from Shiamak Davar then No Comments but get the truth before bashing others. http://gurmeetdebina.india-forums.com/journey/

I was born in Chandigarh and thus the name Gurmeet! My dad was in the army and so I got a chance to roam the entire country with him. I've studied in Srinagar, Jammu, Jabalpur, Badhgar...Yes, I have travelled to a lot of places. While my dad served the country, I studied in the army school in various cities and towns he would be placed in. My childhood was totally army based, somehow since class 2 I had a desperate attraction towards the field of acting. When asked by my class teacher back then, what I want to grow up to be, many laughed off my 'hero' answer but I actually did have the determination and passion to become one someday. I would take part in class dramas and skits. I knew I had to work for it very hard, having an army background and that too a zero-filmy one. So I did my bit like learning dance, participating in stage performances, acting-theater classes etc. Then I came to the city of dreams-Mumbai for my studies, along with which I enrolled myself at Shiamak Davar's dance institute. I learnt dance there for a couple of months after which I left the city of Mumbai. Soon I came back having realized that if I would try my luck in the acting industry after completing my studies, at around 25-26 years of age, then it might become really late. And entering, getting used to the new environment, earning a name and fame it all takes time! So might as well start as soon as possible, obviously studying simultaneously as well. So I did an acting course in Mumbai. I was on my own here although always had my dad's support. It all started with a very nominal amount of income. I stayed with a few of my friends in a small flat. They helped me a lot and soon I got my portfolio done. I took up a few small roles, did some episodes which were not very contentful but my motive to do them anyway was to gain some understanding, than none at all! I was offered music videos and took them up as well. I had done some serials here and there after which I met a girl called Debina Bonnerjee.

In 2004, there was a Sahara Bollywood star contest held, where actors from all over the country were auditioned, and the winner would obviously be well promoted. Debina came in from Kolkata and me from Mumbai. Only 15 were shortlisted and the two of us belonged to this shortlisted lot. We were held up at a 5-star hotel here in Mumbai. We never really had any kind of conversation actually. It was only confined to the eye sight! Yes, once in a while joking around or just a simple hi-hello was exchanged but nothing beyond. Then one day, we were all sitting for dinner in the hotel where Debina was seated next to me. I casually asked her where she's from and where she stayed before entering into this contest. She replied Adarshnagar and I faked that I was from there too and how we must get married! I told her I would talk to her parents for her hand and we would live happily ever after in Adarshnagar! And truthfully this was all said with non seriousness at all! I guess it turned out to be one of those things that we just happen to say and turn true

After the contest, Debina bought a flat and we had a common friend from the contest, thus meeting and keeping in touch was always on even post the contest. Time past and very soon we realized we were smitten by each other! We struggled together though I was not as financially strong as her. But Debina was always my pillar of support... she was my family! She held my hand when times were rough and always pushed me forward when I would slacken. Fortunately I always groomed myself and worked on my acting, action and dance skills. Because this industry has cut throat competition and I believe what leaves a remarkable impression behind is impactful acting, not just plain acting. So my self-preparation was progressing. Debina was familiar and experienced with the South industry and had done good work there. She introduced me to a director from there who offered me a villain's role in a 3-D serial while Debina was the actress. "Mayavi" (the 3-D serial) was well received especially in South India. There was the 'Seoul festival' for 3-D movies where our serial was screened. It was a hit and we even bagged an award for it after which it was even shown at Mumbai. Suddenly I felt from within that now I was prepared for films and I should start trying for them. That is when Subhash Ghaiji's Mukta Arts was making a film in Goa. It was a one month shoot. I was shortlisted and wrapped that up soon. But unfortunately like the many films in Bollywood, this one too is over delayed for release but will hopefully come onto the big screen some day! Soon I was then offered a role in "Ramayan".

A lot of people told me how I should or shouldn't do it since its mythology! But I've always maintained in all my interviews too, how I'm eager to do something different and not ordinary. In this industry that is what works and long lasts! So I thought trying for "Ramayan" would be something hatke! I went for the auditions, and got selected for Ram's role! I was extremely happy! I asked Debina too to try out the auditions and she bagged the role of Sita! When we announced this to all our friends and family, they were very surprised and couldn't stop congratulating us! Because being in a relationship for four years, and then playing such a holy couple on-screen, was quite a 'mythological' coincidence! I was very, very happy! More so with the reviews I got. Many of the fans said they began watching the show after seeing Ram. It was a moment of pride for me...I would be spotted and called out as 'Ram'! The show had earned me so much fame and love! But obviously an actor would want to be known for his own name.

Then came along 'Pati, Patni aur Woh'! The timing couldn't have been better. It was a totally different concept. The remaining sections of the audience who probably didn't watch 'Ramayan' watched this reality show and here too Debina and I were so well-received, that we garnered the highest number of votes! After 'Ramayan' our world did change but after 'Pati Patni aur Woh', it leaped forward and positively even more! Fans would yell out 'Guru' on seeing me because of Debina calling me that on the show. It felt wonderful. More so since they never hesitated in approaching me. I think they sensed the no-attitude in me and felt familiar. So after this show, we were finally known by our real names and we continue talking to our fans as friends whenever we meet them. It's very informal and homely.

This has been my struggle so far. I'm content with how things have worked for Debina and me. Now the struggle is on for our marriage! We cannot wait to walk the seven rounds and even tried for this year but there are certain things we both need to still work on. Once those have been completed, along with discussing matters with our respective families, we will confirm a date soon for this year itself!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
superb post ...

last week i posted the same kind of thread that he is a liar when he said Mein dance seekh ke jaunga when he is a trained dancer ...with his article proofs and his blog proof ...that thread got deleted bcz some pankhis spammed it woo much ...

Good luck

hope same won't happen to this thread πŸ˜‰
Sarikakapoor thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
I am not bashing, just stating the truth. If you love somebody does not mean I overlook the wrong things and start bashing the others. Whatever. If they close the topic, so be it. Truth cannot be hidden, it always win.
-scarlett- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Learning dance for a few months doesn't make him trained. In that amount of time, you can barely learn anything. Being a trained dancer and joining few classes is a different thing. And also, Shiamak Davar's classes need more time, I know this because my cousin has been learning from his academy and he was still learning basics even after 6 months. Now, GC obviously performs better than many others but you can not say that he is a dancer or is trained as its quite obvious that he is not.
P.S: Not a GC fan...
Edited by -Vishwa- - 12 years ago
NxtRockstar.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
hmmm!! I don't know what you are trying to state by putting the blog here as we all have read that zillions times and we know that what Gurmeet has stated. And each and every fan of GC know it that he took training from Shamak Dawar dance school for couple of month. you know what, strangely I have too took dance classes every summers in my school and I still can't say that I am trained dancer. You guys need to understand first that what training means " training is process of imparting skills and knowledge about a particular job" which I will say here, "particular form".

Has GC ever said that he excelled one form of dance in Shamak dawar's school or later in his dance classes??? has he ever said that he is a non-dancer???? has he ever said that I never danced before??? Answer is NO

He said, dance is new to him and it meant that he never done choreographic dance before. It doesn't mean that he lied!!! Nobody is lying out here. Not a single fan of GC is lying out here. What you researching on is GC's own blog and we all believe in that to the core. And what you all confused people need to know is " non-dancer and untrained dancer are two distinct terms. GC is a dancer who is not trained but he is not a non-dancer. I think nobody in this world is non-dancer. Because we all shake a leg at various occasions and we all need to correct the meaning of non-dancer. What GC said in his IVs means he is not a trained dancer and not have done dance professionally which from nowhere meant that he is a non-dancer.

And about GC fans(including me), nobody has ever tried to protect him by saying that he is a non-dancer!! It just that you people over-interpret every time when we say things about his dance. We are his "pankhas" na so we know him best and better than the non-pankhas. We have seen him dancing and that's why we say that JDJ is not presenting him well!! If he isn't performing to his potential then what ache you all feeling about that!!! Why to make an issue out of that. If he got 22 this time and he will get better next time, simple and plain!!! Nothing is to prove about it!!!😳
Edited by Nxt_rockstar - 12 years ago
51559 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Vishwa-

Learning dance for a few months doesn't make him trained. In that amount of time, you can barely learn anything. Being a trained dancer and joining few classes is a different thing. And also, Shiamak Davar's classes need more time, I know this because my cousin has been learning from his academy and he was still learning basics even after 6 months. Now, GC obviously performs better than many others but you can not say that he is a dancer or is trained as its quite obvious that he is not.

Agree with the post 100% πŸ‘ πŸ‘
GC fans maan hi nhi rahe abhi tuk k he is not a trained dancer..🀣
TanShi_CrazyLuv thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: TheRowdiest

superb post ...

last week i posted the same kind of thread that he is a liar when he said Mein dance seekh ke jaunga when he is a trained dancer ...with his article proofs and his blog proof ...that thread got deleted bcz some pankhis spammed it woo much ...

Good luck

hope same won't happen to this thread πŸ˜‰

Huunnnhhh again 1 moe post agaiinst GC ..omg gc U R A RROOCCKKSTAR MY DARLING NW PPL START SEARCHNG ABT U...THESE BASHERS omg...

Originally posted by: Pentaminous.

Agree with the post 100% πŸ‘ πŸ‘
GC fans maan hi nhi rahe abhi tuk k he is not a trained dancer..🀣

SUPER STAR GURMEET CHAUDHARY😳

Originally posted by: -Vishwa-

completly agree wth u ,,these r sick ppl...they dnt hav any idea wat r they writing they just wana humilitate any celebrity in any way..poorr n sick minded ppl dnt knw wat they are going 2 write ..thy just want to bash gc in any way ..omg..i m feeling soorryy 4 such post maker n such suppoters,,hatts of o u the way u understand them a differnce b/w joining dance classs n trained dancer😊

Originally posted by: Nxt_rockstar

hmmm!! I don't know what you are trying to state by putting the blog here as we all have read that zillions times and we know that what Gurmeet has stated. And each and every fan of GC know it that he took training from Shamak Dawar dance school for couple of month. you know what, strangely I have too took dance classes every summers in my school and I still can't say that I am trained dancer. You guys need to understand first that what training means " training is process of imparting skills and knowledge about a particular job" which I will say here, "particular form".

Has GC ever said that he excelled one form of dance in Shamak dawar's school or later in his dance classes??? has he ever said that he is a non-dancer???? has he ever said that I never danced before??? Answer is NO

He said, dance is new to him and it meant that he never done choreographic dance before. It doesn't mean that he lied!!! Nobody is lying out here. Not a single fan of GC is lying out here. What you researching on is GC's own blog and we all believe in that to the core. And what you all confused people need to know is " non-dancer and untrained dancer are two distinct terms. GC is a dancer who is not trained but he is not a non-dancer. I think nobody in this world is non-dancer. Because we all shake a leg at various occasions and we all need to correct the meaning of non-dancer. What GC said in his IVs means he is not a trained dancer and not have done dance professionally which from nowhere meant that he is a non-dancer.

And about GC fans(including me), nobody has ever tried to protect him by saying that he is a non-dancer!! It just that you people over-interpret every time when we say things about his dance. We are his "pankhas" na so we know him best and better than the non-pankhas. We have seen him dancing and that's why we say that JDJ is not presenting him well!! If he isn't performing to his potential then what ache you all feeling about that!!! Why to make an issue out of that. If he got 22 this time and he will get better next time, simple and plain!!! Nothing is to prove about it!!!😳

seriously even i m also a GC fan bt nver said or listened frm any GC fan tht he is a non-danceor trained heheh such poor ppl only wana BASH GC in any way..sick minded ppl,,i read in an interview of GC he himself said tht he knws nthng abt salsa.. or any kind of dance he just took few classes of dance ..