Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mohabbateinn thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
@TheRowdiest --- and at others..here is me looking at the REAL ISSUE that prevails.-> I never go on any forum to post stuff like this, but i feel this post is highly necessary. no one is obliged to read it, its ur personal choice. ignorance is a fact in IF anyways.

You are right. There is a HUGE difference between tv series and movies. The largest one is that doing TV is a lot more difficult, time-consuming, and stressful than doing movies -- this makes my point even stronger.

Now @ your TRP discussion.πŸ˜† Well, Akshay Kumar has a list of flop movies to his credit. But, that doesn't mean his popularity decreased. TV example -> When Parichay was having low times and there were rumours (articles) of Samir Soni being upset with the track and thinking of quitting -- it did not decrease his fan population.

So basically, saying Giaa Manek's popularity fluctuated in SNS with the ups and downs in the track is really hilarious πŸ˜†

Everyone is entitled to have his/her own opinion. If you have never seen SNS, or don't appreciate Giaa's acting than by all means think so. I totally respect everyone's POV.

But, to compare a male character with a female character makes no sense to me. You are comparing actors like Ronit Roy, and Rajeev to Giaa. You are comparing two totally different time periods. Society has changed a lot over the years, and the thinking too.

Billions of individuals have tuned into SP at night to see SNS over these 3 years. Regardless of who disagrees with me, but Giaa Manek has a strong fan following, it is a fact. There is evidence. IF is just a tiny glimpse of this fan following. Lots of ppl here are calling these individuals 12 year olds -- this is all real πŸ˜†funny, but in the reality most of the people who have followed SNS are mature individuals.

When the other actors who you mentioned were recalled for their roles (woke up from the dead) πŸ˜† there was little competition for SP. In today's day, SP has intense competition from Colors and thus fears losing its spot as the top GRP gainer.

I believe channels like SP are too cunning with their contracts. I applaud Giaa for confronting SP and standing her grounds. Many over here are claiming "success has gotten to Gia's head." In fact, people should be saying "success has gotten to SP's head." 🀣

If every individual on this earth remained submissive and feared to confront the wrong -- this world would be a chaos to live in. History is evidence that whenever someone has shown guts to confront the bullies -- revolutions have happened. This may not be a revolution, but I hope this will be start of one.

All actors want to make money, especially at the high time in their careers -- not when they become bhudda-bhuddis. πŸ˜† Giving other actors the leniency to do other shows, but stopping Giaa from doing so because it will ruin her Gopi Vauu image? 🀣

Hmmm. The character of Raashi is also very vital to the sucess of SNS. In fact, Rucha Hasabnis is a lead protagonist. But, she was allowed to do Comedy Circus.

OR

If the "skimpy" clothes was the issue -- LMFAO. Let me show you guys the problem.

An example pertaining to SP --
When Sanaya Irani goes to award shows and parties, she wears these dresses -- aka so called "skimpy." IN FACT, these are events are aired by SP's own show -- SBS. 🀣 People who watch Khushi always in nice traditional suits, and sometimes sarees..now these same people are seeing her in knee high dresses, and strapless dresses. SO -- isn't KKGR's image being hampered then? OR is there some special exception by SP for Sanaya Irani. πŸ˜›

NOW I will like to discuss...

SP's new motto. AKA
"Rishta wohi SOCH NAYI." 🀣 🀣🀣

There is NO change in any soch woch. 🀣 Women were depicted by SP as weak, and naive before -- and are still depicted as the SAME NOW!

If they want to CHANGE THE SOCH of the janta they need to STOP doing their stupid "Star Parivaar Awards" where the CHARACTERS are being glorified, and NOT the ACTORS who DO THE ROLES. The audience WILL NEVER be able to differentiate between REAL and REEL if SP continues to feed the audience garbage. Arrey, India's young janta is so modern that hopefully one day will come when the oldies at the SP headquarters will be replaced by the younger population. THEN WE will talk about RISHTA WOHI SOCH NAYI.

Till then, SP continue to feed your crap to viewers.

I find it really IRONIC -- SP is famous for depicting the inequalities/"realities" happening in Indian households till date. Maybe they should create a show one day that depicts the loopholes, and inequality happening in the world of hindi television. Too bad THOUGH because COLORS has already come up with one such unique show - AKA - Madhubala Ek Ishq Ek Junoon.πŸ‘

Colors is like a big SLAP on SP's face. Colors is the only channel that I have faith in that can kick SP's ass. πŸ˜‰

Edited by -Vanshikaa- - 12 years ago
Vinder90 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@Vanshikaa, very well expressed.. I got nothing more to add, otherwise will just end up creating a different version of all the same points lol 😊
*mittu* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
The most important factor here is not whether Jiaa wanted to do a dance show or not but whether she had an exclusivity clause with star plus in her contract. Even if she has 5 days off per month as per her contract if an exclusivity clause is there with the channel then they can ask her to not appear in another channel according to their discretion.

I read an interview with Hina Khan where she said she has an exclusivity clause with channel. Now we can say channel is right or wrong ethically. But the truth is channel legally has all the rights to prevent her from going to a rival channel and increasing their popularity.

I think this is also one reason why channels and production houses hire new faces more for new serials. I dont think established actors like Gurmeet, Sakshi Tanwar or Ram Kapoor will sign an exclusivity clause and hinder their chances to appear in another show.

In my personal opinion Jiaa should have waited few more years as she would have gotten more chances to appear in JDJ or other reality shows in star plus itself. If the rumor is true that she went because colors offered her 1 cr and two shows in their channel then I say more power to her. I dont like her work in SNS ***personal opinion no offense meant*** so I dont think colors would offer her that much.
Edited by *mittu* - 12 years ago
33789 thumbnail

Originally posted by: *mittu*

The most important factor here is not whether Jiaa wanted to do a dance show or not but whether she had an exclusivity clause with star plus in her contract. Even if she has 5 days off per month as per her contract if an exclusivity clause is there with the channel then they can ask her to not appear in another channel according to their discretion.

I read an interview with Hina Khan where she said she has an exclusivity clause with channel. Now we can say channel is right or wrong ethically. But the truth is channel legally has all the rights to prevent her from going to a rival channel and increasing their popularity.

I think this is also one reason why channels and production houses hire new faces more for new serials. I dont think established actors like Gurmeet, Sakshi Tanwar or Ram Kapoor will sign an exclusivity clause and hinder their chances to appear in another show.

In my personal opinion Jiaa should have waited few more years as she would have gotten more chances to appear in JDJ or other reality shows in star plus itself. If the rumor is true that she went because colors offered her 1 cr and two shows in their channel then I say more power to her. I dont like her work in SNS ***personal opinion no offense meant*** so I dont think colors would offer her that much.

Very well put Mittu.. πŸ‘ Thanks for bringing the focus back on the right track.

Btw, cute DP
Edited by bulls-eye - 12 years ago
-SMay31- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
she's not a kid tht she cant understand tht wat cheap channel SP can do with her career..she is in glamour industry nd mature enuff to understand these politics..nd m sure Colors mst hv given LOTS of money to her otherwise y would n e one agree for a 3-4 month show 😳 IMO SP & Gia both are on Fault...
Edited by -SMay31- - 12 years ago
*mittu* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: bulls-eye

Very well put Mittu.. πŸ‘ Thanks for bringing the focus back on the right track.

Btw, cute DP

Thank you. I find it very funny when we fight among ourselves over a celebrity's decision😊. And moreover these kind of things does not happen exclusively in India. In USA Fox and CBS has known to prevent lead actors from appearing even as a cameo in the shows of other channels. Some actors are not even allowed to go back for the finales of their previous shows because they work with another channel.

PS: DP is my son😊.
Mia1love thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
ooowww.. thats gotta hurt Ms. Gia , I honestly this whole time was thinking that The show kicked her out because she signed Jhalak . But to find out it was a breech of Contract , well then , sadly, Yeah she should be kicked out of the show.

but canceling her membership might be a bit harsh , however at the end of the day , this is the real world not a drama , and every action has a reaction .

Hopefully she finds an alternative around this , otherwise she will have to quit acting .
ms_1991 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i feel there is alot of drama just coz colors is competing against star plus..i dont think star plus people can be soo mean..many oder stars of starplus does other show too..forget tht kokila did a small guest appearance in jalak i dont think dey had issues vt it..!
Giaa.prakruthi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: *mittu*

Na Na.. You are not following this issue properly.. Star Plus declared it saying that decision of axing Giaa manek is purely PH decision...and one more.. the JDJ maker Viacom18, SNS PH is going to do a show with them. Viacom18 made it clear to SNS PH, if they don't allow Giaa to participate in JDJ.. they likely to drop from their future project.. so there iis pressure to PH from both SP and ViaCom18

and I want to make a note here.. Actors will have contract with only PH but not with channel.. even SP made it clear..

ok.. if we think SP doesn't have any problem then why sanaya,suraj DABH, Hina khan, and Karan every body dropped.. ?? make sense?? they have problem but this is not official or no where written in contracts, so they are escaping saying it is PH decision

well about Hina Khan.. didn't she know that exclusive clause made with SP before signing Jhalak.. when promo's about to aired.. she dropped, why is it happened?

there much story at background, which no body knows.. better we stop it here..

Giaa.prakruthi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ms_1991

i feel there is alot of drama just coz colors is competing against star plus..i dont think star plus people can be soo mean..many oder stars of starplus does other show too..forget tht kokila did a small guest appearance in jalak i dont think dey had issues vt it..!

what i think is it is all an egoistic drama.. SP is alredy losing all shows, exceptSNS, ISPKKND,DABH, EHMBH, YRKKLH and Prathigya(now SNS is gone case).. only these shows SP is running.. in that too YRKKLH and prathigya are old, they can stop them at any point of time.. what ever their new shows are not working.. and In GRP's Colors is giving tough fight.. well if you the first list of contestants of JDJ, we have one lead actor from all the above mentioned shows, so from this one thing is clear that SP had problems sending all their lead actors to participate in Jhalak.. so they might have passed or conducted meetings with actors not to participate.. (if one or two they wouldn't have any problem)

as mentioned in earlier post.. SNS PH is going to do a project with JDJ PH.. so Viaacom18 made clear to SNS PH saying if you don't allow your actress to take part in JDJ, they liked to drop from the project.. so PH gave permission to Giaa.. (will post that article link )

But later it is SP, whose ego hurt and took revenge on Giaa..