Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

stylish_VJ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: Mia1love

GC and Shampa a huge let down - that is probably the understatement of the season .

I must say that , Shampa had lower her level of choreography to accommodate for Gurmeetz Lack of Dancing talent , Her downfall is the fact she tried to make Him Act, therefore throughout the performance he was just acting , spinning around and around , Playing with that bottle and falling to the floor, there was Not much Dancing from Gurmeets Part.

A good choreographer is one accommodates his/her student in an act that he/she chooses to Set...Yes there are times when this is not entirely possible...But Shampa lowering her level is not what needs to be done, she should try and increase his level of performance...That's what a good choreographer is expected to do.

when she gave him dance steps he didn't live up to the part , looked stiff and off beat, he is off balance and never finishes the steps.

Well she should look to it that right? Sync, timing, partner work, coordination, completion is steps, expression everything needs to be looked majorly by the choreographer...If the contestant is to do all this then why need a choreographer? As i stated before its a team work, but the weightage on the choreographer side is always more...

CShampa is already compromising with her creativity. since it is a dance show, the contestants has to be a SEMI-Decent ,dancer. which at this point. is GC is NO WHERE near. if this continues . .then next week they might even get . 21 again .

She need to compromise with her creativity, she needs to bring him to her standard its not an easy Job, it never will be but that's where her success lies😊

Word Count: 0

stylish_VJ thumbnail
THIS POST HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH DRASHTI DHAMI, DEBINA OR ANYBODY OTHER THAN GC AND SHAMPA...PLEASE STICK TO THE TOPIC

AND FOR THE RECORD DRASHTI DHAMI IS NOT GC's WIFE

NOTE: Bold red letters for asserting the importance of the message...No offense

Edited by style_diva - 12 years ago
kahkashansakina thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

Hello please do not put me in your convo as i really do not care about anyone's wife or girlfriend . I meant that it is not easy for any choreographer to teach in front of any family member who is just sitting & instructing .
[/QUOTE
I Agree with u
well said πŸ‘
stylish_VJ thumbnail

Its a team, they both are at fault πŸ˜ƒ
stylish_VJ thumbnail

Originally posted by: DayanKiNani

Yes I am not his fan. Just like you are free to express your opinions on GC and shampa, I too have equal rights. If I feel he can't dance I will say it loud and clear. Now what?πŸ˜›

Please feel free tooπŸ˜‰

626918 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zee_News

One thing more, posting this here too...

To be honest Devdas as a concept doesn't go with Gurmeet's personality, it would be better If they performed to Dhoom, as it goes better with GC's personality as an action hero and I am sure GC can do well in such type of fast western type of dance... He proved it before in many occassions... Shampa needs to bring the best out of GC before working in the side he lacks in... She sould bring the strength side out before taking the weakness, this is known in all dance shows, I saw even some judges saying it in some other dance shows...

About classical, GC is better in western classical than Indian classical...

Dancing is not about going with your personality... It is an art just like acting... Sometimes actors take up roles that they don't identify with or relate with... It's not about going with the personality... Dancing is the same... There r different forms and styles that sometimes don't match you...but that doesnt mean you can't do it... I have seen Gurmeet dance before on stage and on Geet... He is a fine dancer...better than most on the show but you can't blame his poor dancing here on Shampa... Shampa is an Amazing dancer and choreographer.. She did wonders with Sushant last season... More than style and form, Gurmeet needs to build up his confidence and self esteem to do well... Right now, it's not Shampa's fault... The Devdas dance had moves that gurmeet could have easily done... But he is too conscious... He is more worried about how he looks and how fast he can get the dance over... He is Rushing to finish his dance... He is not enjoying to the fullest therefore the audience is also not enjoying... Gurmeet just needs to let go, loosen up, and enjoy... Then only he will do well... I'm not against Gurmeet, but I feel that he is a little nervous and has stage fright since he knows he is going to get judged and marked... Gurmeet is too worried that he doesn't let his fans down and he is too worried about the scores that he is not giving his full effort and focus on dance... Again, the form of dance doesn't matter...Your effort, focus, and confidence does when it comes to dance... Jayati Bhatia, that auntyji, has zero dance experience and knowledge... Even her body is not made for dance and she is double the age of Gurmeet, but yet her contemporary dance on Karzz was just amazing... She didnt know the style, she doesn't know how to dance...but yet she did well because she only focused on her dance, expressions, completing the movements, and most of all ENJOYED her dance... Gurmeet can do the same.
stylish_VJ thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tanvi_124

Dancing is not about going with your personality... It is an art just like acting... Sometimes actors take up roles that they don't identify with or relate with... It's not about going with the personality... Dancing is the same... There r different forms and styles that sometimes don't match you...but that doesnt mean you can't do it...

AWESOME...Well saidπŸ‘

I have seen Gurmeet dance before on stage and on Geet... He is a fine dancer...better than most on the show but you can't blame his poor dancing here on Shampa... Shampa is an Amazing dancer and choreographer.. She did wonders with Sushant last season... More than style and form, Gurmeet needs to build up his confidence and self esteem to do well... Right now, it's not Shampa's fault... The Devdas dance had moves that gurmeet could have easily done... But he is too conscious... He is more worried about how he looks and how fast he can get the dance over... He is Rushing to finish his dance... He is not enjoying to the fullest therefore the audience is also not enjoying... Gurmeet just needs to let go, loosen up, and enjoy... Then only he will do well... I'm not against Gurmeet, but I feel that he is a little nervous and has stage fright since he knows he is going to get judged and marked... Gurmeet is too worried that he doesn't let his fans down and he is too worried about the scores that he is not giving his full effort and focus on dance... Again, the form of dance doesn't matter...Your effort, focus, and confidence does when it comes to dance...

That' another way of seeing it, and there are chances that this is the scenario...But i will not blame GC alone...not because i am drooler, but i believe that this is a team act, and because Shampa is his choreographer, its her job to see to it that all of these things are looked into build his self esteem, confidence...Check that they are performing in sync, coordination is almost perfect etc...Its altogether another thing that even after looking into all this GC messes upon stage...But apart from the esteem and confidence etc the mistakes done in the Devdas act could have been corrected to a huge extent from the rehearsals halls itself...

Jayati Bhatia, that auntyji, has zero dance experience and knowledge... Even her body is not made for dance and she is double the age of Gurmeet, but yet her contemporary dance on Karzz was just amazing... She didnt know the style, she doesn't know how to dance...but yet she did well because she only focused on her dance, expressions, completing the movements, and most of all ENJOYED her dance... Gurmeet can do the same.

Couldn't have agreed more πŸ‘

Loved your perspective...Amazingly put😊
Mia1love thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I disagree with you on the Points

- A good choreographer is one accommodates his/her student in an act that he/she chooses to Set...Yes there are times when this is not entirely possible.

- As i stated before its a team work, but the weightage on the choreographer side is always more...

As a Choreographer shampa has Accommodated for Gurmeet, Last year Most of her performance were contemporary and classical based because from the looks of it .that is her forte ( i may be wrong ) . but she hasnt given any Hard steps for Gurmeet. easy steps that probably most non dancers can pull off.

as a matter of fact she used his acting skills to try to enhance the performance . and the creative concept of 3 different devdas based movies. something different for the judges. and the contestant . cuz doing one Long devdas song would be a bit too much for gurmeet. and chances for mistakes would be greater.

from the looks of it . Gurmeet is having a difficult time with movement of his Body . which He needs to work on . Stretch do pilates . Loosen his muscles . and devote more time to rehearsals instead of giving interviews on every other channel .

If shampa told Gurmeet to do contemporary or even Hip hop , now that would be WAY to hard for gurmeet at this stage, therefore she gave simple things. Now even at a simple level , if the contestant is off beat and can;t finish the steps and Unbalanced then that is something the contestant has to work on . not the choreographer.

And there is a Saying ( its just a metaphor I am not insulting anyone or GC so NO jumping on my head ) ' you can lead a horse to the water ,but you can't make it drink "

therefore . Shampa is giving him the tools to be better. but she can't force him to utilize it

-pixie- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
@Topic Maker: Good luck. I hope you have better luck with your topic than I did with mine. Criticism of either Shampa or GC doesn't go down too well with folks in this forum! Unfortunately, appreciation of GC also doesn't go down too well. Go figure.πŸ€ͺ

harpkaur thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
why are you blaming Shampa? its d same Shampa who did wonders in d last season...

shampa can come up wid a wonderful concept bt d question is..can GC do it? can he go through with this?? she has 2 put together can act dat he can dance to

i would request you to watch last seasonz videoz of shampa...she was amazing...she knew Sushant can dance on sch conceptz so she made him do it...& had highest scores in last season

i m sorry but i dont agree with you...i dont think its shampaz fault..letz not blame one of d most talented choreogrphr of jdj