Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

stylish_VJ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: Zee_News

One thing more, posting this here too...

To be honest Devdas as a concept doesn't go with Gurmeet's personality, it would be better If they performed to Dhoom, as it goes better with GC's personality as an action hero and I am sure GC can do well in such type of fast western type of dance... He proved it before in many occassions... Shampa needs to bring the best out of GC before working in the side he lacks in... She sould bring the strength side out before taking the weakness, this is known in all dance shows, I saw even some judges saying it in some other dance shows...

About classical, GC is better in western classical than Indian classical...

JDJ is about being versataile...Yes its not possible on the very first day, but that's what one contestant and his/her choreographer is supposed to aim at...Its nothing to do with personality (my views)...tomorrow he can be given Tamil Hit Numbers or anything of that sort, he needs to take it up and do it right? All this lies in the hands of Shampa...She needs to mould himπŸ˜‰
DrModel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: style_diva

@ manesha76...I dont think that they chose the song, if i am not mistaken during one of the acts when they show the rehersal videos it was mentioned that they got that respective movie...Thus i feel ki the movie Devdas was given to them...I won't blame GC much, Shampa was the choreo after all but, then since its a team work both are equally resp and need to improve ASAP

Yes Shampa is the choreographer the same choreographer who was in the TOP 3 last year. Thus if the dancer isnt good regardless of the concepts or the steps albeit how easy, nothing can be done. And None of the judges had anything to say about the steps, choreography or concept being bad..their criticism was marked towards dancing and how this is a DANCE show and not a TV show.
As for Dilip Kumar's Devdas it isnt like the sheeshe se sheesha dance or the emotionala tyachaar dance were exucuted any better.
Find one bit where Shampa lost her tempo or finished her dance in a hurry.
Oh wait, I forget biased judges, bad choreographer, but fantastic Gurmeet..oops my bad
ViccoTurmeric thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Concept was amazing, but it was more of running and acting, less of dancing... shampa has been a let down and I hope next time she prepares a act considering weakness and strengths of GC!!!
stylish_VJ thumbnail

Originally posted by: disha_Maan.GC

though Devdas is not in my fav list but i think the concept was nice...
as the theme was 'tribute to 100 years of hindi cinema' they should hv shown different eras of bollywood... but except GC n shampa's performance , others performances were based on only 1 film...
so i appreciate shampa's concept...

but their performance was more of an act.. instead of a pure dance number...
hope to see a better performance next time...

The concept does not have any value until the story telling is good...Her the only point is that they chose three different era's but where was the story telling? It was completely absent...😊
stylish_VJ thumbnail

Originally posted by: manesha76

All concept are always good . But dance concept must look good on performer . Choreographer needs to choose those concept which would suit the performer . I feel Shampa needs to a make GC feel relax first . She must try to remove super star syndrome from GC's head as that is putting pressure on him . GC needs to ease out . I hope GC's wife is not sitting infront of GC & Choreographer while they practicing as that doesn't help .

Totally agree...πŸ‘
stylish_VJ thumbnail

Originally posted by: DayanKiNani

GC can't dance. Shampa should ask for another celebrity. This guy might ruin everything for her. No matter how many excuses his fans give, the fact is he cannot dance. He is way too stiff. Needs to loosen up himself.

Your comment clearly states that you are not a fan of GC...And this is a celebrity dance show, the Choreographer cannot ask for another celebrity but yes if the celebrity wants he can request for a change of trainer...GC can dance for sure but he needs training that a fact...but to state that he can't dance at all would be inappropriate😊
DrModel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: vedant123

Concept was amazing, but it was more of running and acting, less of dancing... shampa has been a let down and I hope next time she prepares a act considering weakness and strengths of GC!!!

ok so what are GC's strenghts: action, martial arts, dramatics

GC's weakness: too stiff, no finesse, hurried dance, out of sync.

Now if she focuses on his strenghts will that be JDJ a dancing competition or will it turn into JDJ the musical..
HMMM i m tired of listening to shampa is bad shampa is bad shampa is bad..what about her dancer???

stylish_VJ thumbnail

Originally posted by: NaDzGirl

shampa should work more carefully with GC cuz he's not a trained dancer but like kjo said he has potential to deliver. if only shampa could give steps which suit him, im sure he'll be able to produce a decent performance

devdas was a huge let down and i totally agree with TM

Thanks and i agree totally😊
stylish_VJ thumbnail

Originally posted by: Madhusk

gc is a good dancer... But i think there are other performances which are very week that GC-Shampa as per dancing...GC-Shampa performance was far far batter...

I am disappointed at the judges...

If you look in totality every performance was way beyond poor, but something or the other about every contestant and their performance was good...GC's acting part was good, ne nailed it...but his dance was not controlled, his acting got in the way of his dancing...Its Shampa's job to see that it does not happen...
51559 thumbnail

Originally posted by: style_diva

Your comment clearly states that you are not a fan of GC...And this is a celebrity dance show, the Choreographer cannot ask for another celebrity but yes if the celebrity wants he can request for a change of trainer...GC can dance for sure but he needs training that a fact...but to state that he can't dance at all would be inappropriate😊

Poor Shampa.. now i have some sympathy for her 😭 😭 and if Farah Khan or Vaibhavii will start choreography GC then i know there will be Farah and Vaibhavi fault for sure.. because no one will accept that GC cannot dance..

P.S i dont understant y people are arguing..?? Mods y dont u close this topic..?? GC fans are targetting on the poor choreographer.. Whats her fault?? Is she GC's choreographer so this is her fault??