Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DrModel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: tannipartner

agreed. I think the concept was amazing like remo said and execution was good too. Shampa cannot give gurmeet steps which he cannot do, he cannot do a barrel turn, or piroutte that she can give them to him. Within her restrictions, she did an amazing concept, who would have thought 3 devdas mixed this way.

The duty of execution just does not depend on the choreographer alone.

Poor Shampa,,she did the best with the material she got...As for her concept what did the fans say..ohh Shampa cant come up with good concepts last year Sushant made up the concepts..now when Shampa came up with such an amazing concept..oh she isnt good enough for Guru..she needs to work on his strengths..really?leaving the step halfway, starting the next step before finishing the last one, not enough flexibility.
And please Geet shouldn't be brought into this because none of the dances there required finesse.
Mia1love thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: style_diva

Sorry if this post sounds offensive but that's the truth...GC and Shampa's performance in yesterday's episode was way below average.

They took up such a classic, Timeless movie DEVDAS (The older versions) and the recent ultra modern version Dev D. They tried to show these three era's of this grand creation, but failed miserably...

I wonder what went wrong with Shampa, the choreography was poor...And GC failed to deliver a decent performance...The places which required him to act was beautifully done, but alas this is a dance show and their team was required to tell a story here...

A huge disappointment i say

GC and Shampa a huge let down - that is probably the understatement of the season .

I must say that , Shampa had lower her level of choreography to accommodate for Gurmeetz Lack of Dancing talent , Her downfall is the fact she tried to make Him Act, therefore throughout the performance he was just acting , spinning around and around , Playing with that bottle and falling to the floor, there was Not much Dancing from Gurmeets Part.

when she gave him dance steps he didn't live up to the part , looked stiff and off beat, he is off balance and never finishes the steps.

Concept can be simple but if the dancing is Bad well then there is no 3 ways around that . Simple concept , good dancing and that can get a contestant 30's . Shampa is already compromising with her creativity. since it is a dance show, the contestants has to be a SEMI-Decent ,dancer. which at this point. is GC is NO WHERE near. if this continues . .then next week they might even get . 21 again .

Gurmeet needs to stop working out , cut down those muscle mass (which is limiting his movement) and start doing stretching .

Otherwise Shampa is gonna be Eliminated .
605921 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mia1love

GC and Shampa a huge let down - that is probably the understatement of the season .

I must say that , Shampa had lower her level of choreography to accommodate for Gurmeetz Lack of Dancing talent , Her downfall is the fact she tried to make Him Act, therefore throughout the performance he was just acting , spinning around and around , Playing with that bottle and falling to the floor, there was Not much Dancing from Gurmeets Part.

when she gave him dance steps he didn't live up to the part , looked stiff and off beat, he is off balance and never finishes the steps.

Concept can be simple but if the dancing is Bad well then there is no 3 ways around that . Simple concept , good dancing and that can get a contestant 30's . Shampa is already compromising with her creativity. since it is a dance show, the contestants has to be a SEMI-Decent ,dancer. which at this point. is GC is NO WHERE near. if this continues . .then next week they might even get . 21 again .

Gurmeet needs to stop working out , cut down those muscle mass (which is limiting his movement) and start doing stretching .

Otherwise Shampa is gonna be Eliminated .

Well Said MIA👍🏼
Tahitien-moon thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Me for one loved his performance even better than most of other performances who got higher marks like sanath jayasooriya i don't think he even know how to dance ofcourse it's my opinion😃
SecretKhabri420 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: Madhusk

gc is a good dancer...But i think there are other performances which are very week that GC-Shampa as per dancing...GC-Shampa performance was far far batter...

I am disappointed at the judges...

<h6></h6>

I think GC's pervious performance was better than the Devdas one...
stylish_VJ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: manesha76

@style_diva , I also think GC needs to stop making heroic entries . Also to dance on Dilip Kumars song was a risk . Even SRK was crticised while he was doing Devdas . No one can match the legend like Dilip Kumar . So i must say it was bad choice of song too . Theme was very difficult . GC must have taken theme of Raj Kapoor .

@ manesha76...I dont think that they chose the song, if i am not mistaken during one of the acts when they show the rehersal videos it was mentioned that they got that respective movie...Thus i feel ki the movie Devdas was given to them...I won't blame GC much, Shampa was the choreo after all but, then since its a team work both are equally resp and need to improve ASAP
stylish_VJ thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zee_News

Devdas was never a film I liked... But this is not the point, the concept is extremely boring, Shampa should bring the best out of GC... I saw GC's dancing before JDJ, he is a brilliant dancer...

Well i will not say he is a Brilliant dancer...He is a fairly good dancer, but he can become a brilliant dancer and JDJ is one such platform...But i agree the way they conceptualized the movie given to them was poor
Mia1love thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DayanKiNani

Wait till I get a droolers spray for you😈

I fail to understand how this is Relevant to the TOPIC !

And @ manesha76 - correction , Gurmeet is not a superstar , therefore he shouldn't and doesn't have superstar syndrome.
stylish_VJ thumbnail

Originally posted by: manesha76

I really cannot say that GC is brilliant dancer as i have seen GC doing doing only one style of Dance . So i am unaware of his complete dancing skills . GC was not good in classical dance . Lets see how GC does salsa & other western dance form as i feel he was good in western type of Dance forms . As far as indian & Bollywood dancing goes he needs to do more nautanki in his dancing .

His body needs to be more in control, because Bollywood dance form, though full of nautanki has a certain control and precision about it...
605921 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mia1love

I fail to understand how this is Relevant to the TOPIC !

And @ manesha76 - correction , Gurmeet is not a superstar , therefore he shouldn't and doesn't have superstar syndrome.

Yeash i agree
gurmeet ka to mjhe JDJ ma pata chala ke gurmeet bhi ha koi 😆