Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

stylish_VJ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: manesha76

It was bad idea to portray Devdas on Gurmeet in JDJ . Shampa needs to see GC's weakness & strength . Shampa is GC's partner so even she needs to dance little more . Shampa needs to make GC dance instead giving him stunts . She must use less stunts . Also needs to work on proper finishing touches .

GC is not trained dancer but he works hard on it . Also GC looks very much under pressure . GC needs to enjoy his dancing . He must not bother for marks . Everyone must stop putting pressure on GC . Otherwise he will falter .

Very true...I totally agree...Shampa needs to work really hard when conceptualizing for GC...Most of the time he lacks confidence...There were times when he looked at Shampa while dancing...also they perform in a very disconnected manner...I also agree about giving less stunts...and about the finishing touches😊

stylish_VJ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: adigaag

Well for me it was an amazing concept/idea and the only one of the 7 performances, which stuck to the main theme of this weeks JDJ, "Celebrating 100 years of Indian cinema"...Guru emoted quite brilliantly as Devdas...thats his strength I must say...welll the same cannot be said about his dance which is what this show is all about...so yeah he needs to improve on the areas pointed out by Remo and KJo😊

To each their own...😊

For me the Movie given to them that of Devdas was a fine choice...But the way Shampa tried to conceptualize it was totally OFF...She selected three era's but they failed to form a story, a connection...Sweety the theme "Celebrating 100 Years of Cinema" was followed by all... Be it Devdas, or Kuch Kuch Hota hai, or the evergreen Karz...The blockbuster hit Dabangg... Each contestant were given Movie that changed the face of Indian Cinema...But the strength lies in executing a given theme in the best possible way, and her they failed...

76manesha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

@style_diva , I also think GC needs to stop making heroic entries . Also to dance on Dilip Kumars song was a risk . Even SRK was crticised while he was doing Devdas . No one can match the legend like Dilip Kumar . So i must say it was bad choice of song too . Theme was very difficult . GC must have taken theme of Raj Kapoor .
SecretKhabri420 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 9
Devdas was never a film I liked... But this is not the point, the concept is extremely boring, Shampa should bring the best out of GC... I saw GC's dancing before JDJ, he is a brilliant dancer...

76manesha thumbnail

I really cannot say that GC is brilliant dancer as i have seen GC doing doing only one style of Dance . So i am unaware of his complete dancing skills . GC was not good in classical dance . Lets see how GC does salsa & other western dance form as i feel he was good in western type of Dance forms . As far as indian & Bollywood dancing goes he needs to do more nautanki in his dancing .
SecretKhabri420 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 9
One thing more, posting this here too...

To be honest Devdas as a concept doesn't go with Gurmeet's personality, it would be better If they performed to Dhoom, as it goes better with GC's personality as an action hero and I am sure GC can do well in such type of fast western type of dance... He proved it before in many occassions... Shampa needs to bring the best out of GC before working in the side he lacks in... She sould bring the strength side out before taking the weakness, this is known in all dance shows, I saw even some judges saying it in some other dance shows...

About classical, GC is better in western classical than Indian classical...

Edited by Zee_News - 12 years ago
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I agree. Gurmeet is slowly becoming the KSG of this season, sans all the excessive gushing, swooning and what not (However, I can't be entirely sure of that either) He is very stiff, and I entirely blame his choreographer, Shampa, for incorporating movements that highlight that trait instead of giving him something more comfortable to work with.

I think she is still high on the success she received from her pairing with Sushant, who himself was a trained dancer. To expect Gurmeet to live upto that standard is not only futile, but also foolish. She really needs to face the fact that Gurmeet is simply not a good dancer.

Unless he improves, I think ideally he should be out by the 4th week max.
_wallflower_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
though Devdas is not in my fav list but i think the concept was nice...
as the theme was 'tribute to 100 years of hindi cinema' they should hv shown different eras of bollywood... but except GC n shampa's performance , others performances were based on only 1 film...
so i appreciate shampa's concept...

but their performance was more of an act.. instead of a pure dance number...
hope to see a better performance next time...
Edited by disha_Maan.GC - 12 years ago
76manesha thumbnail

All concept are always good . But dance concept must look good on performer . Choreographer needs to choose those concept which would suit the performer . I feel Shampa needs to a make GC feel relax first . She must try to remove super star syndrome from GC's head as that is putting pressure on him . GC needs to ease out . I hope GC's wife is not sitting infront of GC & Choreographer while they practicing as that doesn't help .
51559 thumbnail

Originally posted by: style_diva

Sorry if this post sounds offensive but that's the truth...GC and Shampa's performance in yesterday's episode was way below average.

They took up such a classic, Timeless movie DEVDAS (The older versions) and the recent ultra modern version Dev D. They tried to show these three era's of this grand creation, but failed miserably...

I wonder what went wrong with Shampa, the choreography was poor...And GC failed to deliver a decent performance...The places which required him to act was beautifully done, but alas this is a dance show and their team was required to tell a story here...

A huge disappointment i say

Yes absolutely... agree wid u... !