Posted: 12 years ago
Neither did I like but hope they pull up their socks
i agree their performance was not that good🥱
and esha n salaman are far better than them
stylish_VJ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Whoaaa...Kya Baat Hai...What serious discussions and majority not pertaining to GC and Shampa...Can we just stick to the Topic here😊
stylish_VJ thumbnail

Originally posted by: shivani003

I agree with you. I was thoroughl;y dissapointed. Both of them need to pull their socks up if they wanna last longer... Especially Shampa! Horrible choreography and in the end poor execution. I somehow didnt even feel a flow between all 3 movies.

Yes they need to work hard, real hard...The concept of Devdas was good, but the execution, the story telling was disjointed and thus horrible...Having said that GC did not complete his steps and did not have control over his body...Though this is a celebrity dance show, the performances are abt Team Work...Both Shampa and GC needs to work hard...
stylish_VJ thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dabulls23

What Shampa can do for GC is get him to do some yoga excercise which helps him relax..Loosen up his body...If he is in martial arts he has tendency to stiffen up...It is learned behavior...He can relax by doing so. Its not impossible...I have seen untrained average person becoming a winner on SYTYCD or a hiphop boy winning season...SO it is possible...Its upto GC or anyone else for the matter how bad they want to prove and win.
We have completely opposite case with Sushil...He is totally out of control dancer...Loose body...He needs to firm up, straighten up his posture, straight legs and feet...Not jumping running around...More control over his body and dance...What I dont understand is why is GC being picked on or being singled out so much?

Hi...I like the Yoga bit...Very true and helpful...Hope Shampa incorporated Yoga in their rehearsals...Well i have trained in Martial Arts (MMA to be specific) but i am not a stiff dancer. Its all about practice...The more you practice, the more you get your postures, stances, control over your body the more graceful you become... I have trained in classical and Bollywood dance forms...Just because i am trained in MMA does not amke me a stiff dancer...That's simply because i still practice, Both MMA and Dance go hand in hand for me...

Apart from that i agree with untrained average Person becoming winners at serious shows...Its all about hard work and getting the technique right by student, and to see the contestant gets his form correct by the teacher...Its a team work...

GC being targeted...Because the his stature he attained as a TV star is Huge😉

stylish_VJ thumbnail

Originally posted by: manesha76

About Gurmeet i have always maintain even from his Geet days that he has stiff upper body . This i have told to my friends . About Shampa i think we need to see whether she is good as she has partnered in only one JDJ & that too with Shushant . So i would like to see her Technics . About me i am in Dancing field . So now i think i have answered the questions . I think Pratyusha is physically weak .

One more thing this years JDJ have only 2 Fantastic dancers (ISHA & DARSHEEL) , Jayatiji is good dancer rest i think there is lots of scope for improvement .

Beautifully said...Yes GC has a Stiff upperbody when it comes to open dancing...He can do well when the dance requiremnt is restricted...Geet Dance Seq can be referred...But the same when comes to Bhangra or anything like that, his form is totally out of place...With lots of rehearsals he can sure overcome this...

I agree about the Shampa bit too...Last year, she had a trained dancer, and thus executing her ideas becomes all the more easier...This year she has to truly prove her worth as a choreographer, because GC in not a professionally trained dancer...She has to come out of her comfort zone to choreograph for him, and see to it that he is doing exactly what she is looking for...

Sorry for going out of Topic here, but i think the Star Last Year was
Marischa who choreographer a non-dancer Meiyang Chang...If you have seen the season you will find out how bad a Dancer Chang was and how graceful a dancer he had become in the course of the show, finally winning it...His transition and graph was amazing and that's full points to solely his Choreographer...

So its a challenge for Shampa, how well can she train GC, and how can she extract power performances from him...

stylish_VJ thumbnail

Originally posted by: Roxy369

I actually liked it...

To each their own Dear...I am sure there are many who liked it...and any who did not...😊
686375 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Elysia

Word. I dunno what Shampa was thinking when she came up with the heavy metal part and the wig was entirely unnecessary. That aside, the choreography in the third part was a let down, but worse for me was GC's performance. There was no coordination, no control of his movements, arms flying, legs flying, sigh.
What Shampa needs to do is choose a style that can complement his physique rather than work against it. Contemporary would be good for him because it would force him to use his body more fluidly and also force him to control his movements. Fact is that as of now he can't dance, but he does have potential and she needs to work with that potential and make him competent, at least.
No offense to any of his fans, but this is a competition and so far all that seems to keep GC ahead is his popularity.

exjectly ,every thing is flying , dancing mai energy is good but not this type of enrgy , dance rhtyme n enjoyment ke saath kiya jata hai na ki DUM laga ke , i have to say abhishek n sunny iss tarah ka dance kartey they n for non dancer n good dancer i think gurmeet fans khud confuse hai issry leke ...some of them saying he is a good dancer n some r saying he is a non dancer ...so its very clear fans themself dont know about him n his dancing or dance ,thats y they r so confuse he never gave alone performance on stez except tabla pwrformance which was also like this idhar udhar haath throw karna tyope like a kid ...but that time bhi fans uss bekaar performance ko best ,top , mindblowing bol rhey they on u tube , so its very clear gurmeet fans dont know about dancing ,acco to them gurmeet jo kar deta hai vhi dancing hai ,apney show ke forum se kabhi bhar nikley nhi but on jdj reality hit them but they dont want to except this ...fine but dont try to rubb ur wrong opinion on others
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: style_diva

Beautifully said...Yes GC has a Stiff upperbody when it comes to open dancing...He can do well when the dance requiremnt is restricted...Geet Dance Seq can be referred...But the same when comes to Bhangra or anything like that, his form is totally out of place...With lots of rehearsals he can sure overcome this...

I agree about the Shampa bit too...Last year, she had a trained dancer, and thus executing her ideas becomes all the more easier...This year she has to truly prove her worth as a choreographer, because GC in not a professionally trained dancer...She has to come out of her comfort zone to choreograph for him, and see to it that he is doing exactly what she is looking for...

Sorry for going out of Topic here, but i think the Star Last Year was
Marischa who choreographer a non-dancer Meiyang Chang...If you have seen the season you will find out how bad a Dancer Chang was and how graceful a dancer he had become in the course of the show, finally winning it...His transition and graph was amazing and that's full points to solely his Choreographer...

So its a challenge for Shampa, how well can she train GC, and how can she extract power performances from him...

one can not compare chang with GC ... chang was a non dancer while GC goes to dance classes daily
i don't understand if he is not trained dancer what he does in those dance classes ? i m not saying he is trained in salsa , contemporary etc but he does learn something in dance classes that it shld not be hard for him to perform in JDJ
he is going to dance classes since many years
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: atria

I think the problem is not with GC in particular, but the way he is being highlighted. E.g. because of his popularity there are more articles on him than the rest of the contestants put together. On the forum even before the show started there were four to five topics about waiting to see GC dance. All the gushing raised expectations, I for one was expecting another Sushant, got a KSG instead.😆 And just like in JDJ3, right after the performance there were posts about judges being biased, Shampa being a bad choreo, etc which then made people target GC.

He is not the only one targeted, there have been negative posts about other contestants also, there's some posts about Sanath not deserving his marks, Talat being a boring dancer, etc. Thing is, Sanat fans or Talat fans did not react so harshly to these posts by asking people to keep their comments to themselves etc. A clear comparison is in the posts about being a trained dancer. A post saying GC WAS a trained dancer had to be closed because the discussion got too heated, a similar post saying Jayati is a LIAR had no such problems. So its not that he is being picked on, its more that we are not being allowed to pick on him, while picking on others is fine. That is causing the reaction, and sometimes, overreaction of the non-fans.

Regarding GC's dancing, yes he IS stiff, and reminds me of KSG in season 3. However, I do think Shampa is a better choreo than Nicole was, hopefully she will be able to improve his dancing over the weeks. Yoga sounds like a good idea for him.

WORD !!!!!! everyone gets negative comments , even gia fans try to debate when she gets negative comments
we r simply not allowed to say anything against GC ... his fans report each and every topic which does NOT praise him which force ppl to bash him more
they never ever do debates or discussion all they do is personal attacks on memebrs who say even a single word against GC ...