Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

purva thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: -ChillMahaul-

dancing in award shows and dancing in Jhalak are two extremely different things..

If I'm to put it in simple words Shampa is a very good choreographer.. she can't give Gurmeet hard steps because he is very stiff torso up.. she can give him torso down dance steps which she did in the devdas act and he was not completing them.. he left them midway..

he has to work hard like very hard.. he looks like a stiff guy whose upper body is not moving properly while the lower body has some sort of current in it.. energy more than needed.. dance not even close..

WORD Pullo!!!

Award show performances are most of the times pre-recorded and done in multiple takes.. this is way too different than that.. but GC's stiffness is surprising to me. He says he was trained under Shaimak Dawar.. so he should be at ease on stage atleast. Then and only then Shampa can experiment with him giving him different moves etc. She can not relax his upper body for him
Ambibamby thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
He is a brilliant performer. I dot think shampa is doing a fair enough job with him. He has the talent, we saw it in Geet. The choreographer needs to put some effort in portraying it properly. I see more action moves then dancing. In Kurban hua, mahi ve, long the lashkara, and yamla pagla diwana gurmeet performed nicely. With correct choreographer who brought out his talent. Sorry but not satisfied with shampa.
SecretKhabri420 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: Ambibamby

He is a brilliant performer. I dot think shampa is doing a fair enough job with him. He has the talent, we saw it in Geet. The choreographer needs to put some effort in portraying it properly. I see more action moves then dancing. In Kurban hua, mahi ve, long the lashkara, and yamla pagla diwana gurmeet performed nicely. With correct choreographer who brought out his talent. Sorry but not satisfied with shampa.

Geet had better choreographers... Especially Kenil... Shampa didn't impress me yet...

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -ChillMahaul-

dancing in award shows and dancing in Jhalak are two extremely different things..

If I'm to put it in simple words Shampa is a very good choreographer.. she can't give Gurmeet hard steps because he is very stiff torso up.. she can give him torso down dance steps which she did in the devdas act and he was not completing them.. he left them midway..

he has to work hard like very hard.. he looks like a stiff guy whose upper body is not moving properly while the lower body has some sort of current in it.. energy more than needed.. dance not even close..

I agree CM
Both of them will have to find out what works by trial and error but working hard...Neither can ask for diff partnr..It is Shampa's responsibility in bring out the best in GC and it is GC's responsibilty in figuring out what needs to be done so they both can shine...It takes time..Judges need to be giving proper critic for contestants to improve...Outside of shampa there is not a single good female choreographer...In male only Sanam is not good...rest are good...Deepak and Savio are fab...
But last dance I did not get Shampa's choreography at all...I was disappointed in her more than GC..And I like her as she is from TL academy..
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
The performances actors do in their serials are the same as award shows.. ample time has been given to them.. and it's not like if they do an average performance they will be kicked out of the show.. performing in a soap, award shows and Jhalak is very different I hope people understand that.. I would never believe that a choreographer given to these actors in the serials are better than the choreographer in Jhalak..

and I also don't understand why is it so hard for people here to agree to the fact that Gurmeet is a stiff dancer, he needs to work hard there is nothing wrong in working hard.. I'm waiting for their next performance and I know people will find something or the other wrong with his partner, costume, floor etc etc other the main problem which is him.. If he can't dance even after getting trained at Shiamak Davar and if he performed oh so well earlier according to people here.. what's the problem in the show? why doesn't he finish his steps?

I have also noticed something his expressions are very limited, and he looks down too a lot.. I iwsh they pointed it out.. he doesn't make a lot of eye contact with his audience.. when he was jumping here and there in the act he was constantly looking at the floor where he has to lift his chin up and look at the people.. I'm sure his face is not stiff..
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Dayankinani ji..Wow what a name 😉
What Shampa can do for GC is get him to do some yoga excercise which helps him relax..Loosen up his body...If he is in martial arts he has tendency to stiffen up...It is learned behavior...He can relax by doing so. Its not impossible...I have seen untrained average person becoming a winner on SYTYCD or a hiphop boy winning season...SO it is possible...Its upto GC or anyone else for the matter how bad they want to prove and win.
We have completely opposite case with Sushil...He is totally out of control dancer...Loose body...He needs to firm up, straighten up his posture, straight legs and feet...Not jumping running around...More control over his body and dance...What I dont understand is why is GC being picked on or being singled out so much?
There are atleast 3 other dancers like him.. So why pick on him? 😳
Edited by Dabulls23 - 12 years ago
76manesha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: ANNMT

ok now i understand y tumhey gurmeet good dancer kyu laga , if somebody is flexcible that doesnot mean his body is weak , jisey tum weak bol rhi ho usey hi flexcibilty boltey hai dear may be tumhey dancing ke baarey mai jyada pata nhi hai n dont worry vot sif gurmeet ko hi ayengey vote sirf online fans hi kartey hai ...prob is this gurmeet fans ko itna knowladge nhi hai dancing ki or unka fev jo karta rha abhi tak unhey vhi dance laga hoga ...gurmeet is not a good student for sure gc ki life mai bhi ek maan chahiye jo stricly insulting way mai usey dance sekhaaye shamppa ki sweet voice se khuch nhi hoga 😆😆

If u r talking about Pratyusha , then see her marks dear . About Gurmeet i have always maintain even from his Geet days that he has stiff upper body . This i have told to my friends . About Shampa i think we need to see whether she is good as she has partnered in only one JDJ & that too with Shushant . So i would like to see her Technics . About me i am in Dancing field . So now i think i have answered the questions . I think Pratyusha is physically weak .

One more thing this years JDJ have only 2 Fantastic dancers (ISHA & DARSHEEL) , Jayatiji is good dancer rest i think there is lots of scope for improvement .
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
agree guys one just can not compare his soap dancing or stage show dancing with JDJ dancing

in daily soap dancing ...they do it in lots of retakes utill they get proper take , then they concentrate on chemistry of the lead , close ups, music and lots of things ...while in JDJ one has to perform a 2.5 mins act in one take

GC is very stiff
purva thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Dabulls23

What Shampa can do for GC is get him to do some yoga excercise which helps him relax..Loosen up his body...If he is in martial arts he has tendency to stiffen up...It is learned behavior...He can relax by doing so. Its not impossible...I have seen untrained average person becoming a winner on SYTYCD or a hiphop boy winning season...SO it is possible...Its upto GC or anyone else for the matter how bad they want to prove and win.
We have completely opposite case with Sushil...He is totally out of control dancer...Loose body...He needs to firm up, straighten up his posture, straight legs and feet...Not jumping running around...More control over his body and dance..

Yoga exercise seems to be a good suggestion.. there are many relaxing exercises he can try.. but with GC, time might be another issue. I have read that he has a very busy schedule already. And yoga needs time.. 😕 hope they both work it out somehow..
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Dabulls23

We have completely opposite case with Sushil...He is totally out of control dancer...Loose body...He needs to firm up, straighten up his posture, straight legs and feet...Not jumping running around...More control over his body and dance...What I dont understand is why is GC being picked on or being singled out so much?
There are atleast 3 other dancers like him.. So why pick on him? 😳

because the fans don't claim Sushil or Talat as fabulous dancers.. accept the reality and criticism will go down on it's down.. when you keep refuting to something which is true this kind of behaviour is natural then..