Magic of Jhalak is gone !!!!!!!

Pirated_Fun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
When Jhalakh started in 2006 (Oh that lovely year),It was everything but bollywood dance, Now i can see mostly bollywood dances with few lifts and all ..Even 2nd season was fine after that Jhalakh is not the same classy show it was ..

This season i had expectations high due to good choice of celebs ,but no The dances are not that interesting any more..Isha Sharvani is my only HOPE !

What do u all have to say ?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BollyPC thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
I agree... Today's episode was terrible! I only watch for Isha and Darsheel, hopefully they do a good job this season!
Pirated_Fun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
But i hope JDJ will not follow the Tradition of losers winning the contest as this time it is on Another channel ..
Mine finalists have to be Isha , Darsheel
Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
My favorite was JDJ 4 ... this year both the celeb choices and performances have failed to excite. At times even the scores the judges have given out don't make sense...over hyped for some and under appreciated for others. Only watching now for KJo, Shampa (not GC), Darsheel and Isha (not Salman).
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
i started following JDJ as a habit only for salman's sake

last night was quite disappointing. i don't understand how jayati and that other guy got such good marks for giving average performances. i had so much hopes from remo but kjo surprised me with his comments which were much more better than remo

i never watched followed earlier JDJ's but watched it a lil bit here and there but im not sure whether there was any magic back then
Mulan12 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I am disappointed with the performances this year. So much drama.
As a viewer I am not enjoying JDJ like the last seasons because of so much drama more than the dance in the show. Even the anchors are getting involved with so much drama and for me it is irritating. I had a feeling initially this year JDJ might be like Big Boss, because it is on Colours. And it is going like that. Too much promotions about the starts on screen characters more than their real characters is something I don't like. I guess all the participants came to participate in JDJ with their own identity. So why can't they prove themselves with their own identity.
So much hyped was GC's Devdas perofrmance and I really thought it must be very good to give so much media attention. But was disappointed . The good perofrmances were not hyped and not in any news paper headline.One reason he was being judged so harshly by the veiwers because after all that he could not meet the expectation at all.
Even my only hope is Isha & Darsheel. I alos think Pratyusha and Jayati might do well and improve from one performance to the other. I too hope they would not just try to make win a non-dancer win by letting down the deserving people. After all it is a competition. In the end it should be the one who is the best who has to win, whether a trained dancer or a non-dancer.
I hope we get to see some good performances in the coming weeks from all. First week was not impressive and even last night some perofrmances are too disapooinitng.
Wish all the best to all the participants
Edited by Mulan12 - 12 years ago
rani712 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I thought Jhalak was about non-dancing stars dancing and improving along the way. And the declared winner is the most improved contestant.

Like I dont think they are being unfair in judging soo much. Well Atleast I dont agree with the part about some ppl being over appreciated and some under.

I think its because the judges know who has the potential to do what. Like GC and Gia, Shibani, Darsheel, Isha... they are young dancers... the judges know their potential and what they can do... n at what level their act should be. While the cricketer, the ghazal singer, Ravi kishan, jayanti, the crorepati guy.. they are non dancers... no matter how hard they work... they will never be able to get to the level that the others would. So their bar is smaller. The judges know who has the potential to do what... n they are judging the stars on that. Like honestly speaking.. i thought that Jayanti's performance was much much better than Gia's. Gia's a young blood, jayanti is not... she is trying to learn new stuff at her middle age... so obviously her bar would be lower than gia's.

So it makes sense to me
sizezeroaddict thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Egjactly!! It has lost its charm completely!!🤢 The dancers are trying to do all dos foreign and much hypes dances like salsa, jazz and all that, but it all looks fake and wanna be when they do it!😕 And they expect that if der are sum lifts and turning around, they'll get points. How cum they are not understandng that we audiences are sick and satuarted with such dances. Evrytime we see such dances where there are lifts and turns for no reason, we get irritated, if not evryone, atleast I go nuts and I am bored too!

And when JDJ 5 started, the judges emphasized that this season vll get to see mostly the foreign type of dances, but I guess even if a contestant performs on bollywood or anyother form of dance, he/she shud b appreciated completely, coz o d performance. I would really love to see some true and good performances, and seriously, the dance forms should never matter.
686375 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nitu_ST_Deewani

I agree... Today's episode was terrible! I only watch for Isha and Darsheel, hopefully they do a good job this season!

correct only isha n darsheel ...isha is a phadu dancer n darsheel in this young age jo confidence usmai hai that is terrific , he is young but wellspoken boy
686375 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mulan12

I am disappointed with the performances this year. So much drama.
As a viewer I am not enjoying JDJ like the last seasons because of so much drama more than the dance in the show. Even the anchors are getting involved with so much drama and for me it is irritating. I had a feeling initially this year JDJ might be like Big Boss, because it is on Colours. And it is going like that. Too much promotions about the starts on screen characters more than their real characters is something I don't like. I guess all the participants came to participate in JDJ with their own identity. So why can't they prove themselves with their own identity.
So much hyped was GC's Devdas perofrmance and I really thought it must be very good to give so much media attention. But was disappointed . The good perofrmances were not hyped and not in any news paper headline.One reason he was being judged so harshly by the veiwers because after all that he could not meet the expectation at all.
Even my only hope is Isha & Darsheel. I alos think Pratyusha and Jayati might do well and improve from one performance to the other. I too hope they would not just try to make win a non-dancer win by letting down the deserving people. After all it is a competition. In the end it should be the one who is the best who has to win, whether a trained dancer or a non-dancer.
I hope we get to see some good performances in the coming weeks from all. First week was not impressive and even last night some perofrmances are too disapooinitng.
Wish all the best to all the participants

yup poor gurmeet over hyped ke chakkar mai criticiz ho rha hai
Edited by ANNMT - 12 years ago