Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

advil thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 18 years ago

Appada.. he really looks 🤬

How could he be signed as a hero?? he looks more like Karishma Kapoor (if he ties back his hair)..

Edited by adi_0112 - 18 years ago
Qwest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DAISYRABLE

Copy-pasting what I wrote in the other Zubeen Garg thread:

I have seen the promos of the songs of String on T.V but never really thought of listening to the full songs. Thanks to this topic, I just finished listening all the songs of STRINGS and I must say some of the songs are really nice and different like Ishq Nizzame, Ramo Ramo, Kaise kahoon. Specially don't miss .

Daisy ji,

Thanks I am so glad you liked it finally got Adi hooked to him and I am listing to him and writing to you also your Bhai too. We both are enjoying it together.

Qwest thumbnail

Originally posted by: adi_0112

OH OK .. I did not even know pooja bedi had a step bother..😆😳

Adi, listen to this one Specially don't miss . He got such a good and clear voice you know what I am tying to say.
Qwest thumbnail

"Strings was the best way to explore Kumbh through work" – Tanishta Chatterjee
By IndiaFM News Bureau, June 10, 2006 - 23:36 IST

Tanishta Chatterjee - the name might not sound familiar in Bollywood but the actress has to her credits some interesting crossover work. She made her debut in Anwar Jamal's National Award-winning film Swaraaj: The Little Republic in 2002. The Delhi-bred National-School-of-Drama graduate has worked in Oscar-winning German filmmaker Florian Gallenberger's Bengali film Shadows of Time and also in Partho Sengupta's France-India co-production Hawa Aaney Dey.

Her next film isn't a typical Bollywood material either. With Sanjay Jha's Strings, Tannishtha continues her tryst with offbeat films. IndiaFM presents a one-on-one conversation with the actress.

You have come from a theatre background. How is it different from films?
I think the basic exploration of a character is just the same. Preproduction process of theatre and cinema is quite similar. When you are performing for theatre, you have to reach out to the live audience. While in cinema you have to perform in front of a camera and you have to be really eternal and real to your experience.

Tell us about your upcoming film Strings
Strings means thread; it's a bonding between people. It's a bond between cultures and souls.

And what's your role in the film
I play a girl who is a daughter of a temple priest. She is spiritually inclined and is very sorted out person. She knows what her grounding is. She is a mixture of things that she imbibes from modernity and she is rooted to her culture on the other hand.

What made you go for this role?
The project was very exciting. And this was the first time that guerilla style filmmaking happened in India, where you can actually shoot in a Kumbh mela. Sanjay informed me that it's a story of a father and daughter and we will be shooting in Kumbh. I had never been to Kumbh and this was the best way to explore it through work.

I had never been to Kumbh and this was the best way to explore it through work.
How was the shooting experience at Kumbh?
It was mixed. Sometimes we had to face some problems and sometimes we had something really interesting coming up. We explored Kumbh while shooting there. That's the reason it is so real for three of us. It was a new experience for all of us, just like a unique balance between cinema and real life experience. When you bring in real life into film then it comes alive. So the energy of the film was really very special.

How is Adam Bedi as a costar?
He was fantastic. Both of them, Sandhya and Adam, were good. All of us had a blast while shooting in Kumbh. We experienced something new that excited us about the newness of that whole thing. We had a very good time. We had no other way but to stick to each other; otherwise we couldn't have made the film. Without working together it was an impossible project. It's not easy to just go out there and shoot.

We had no other way but to stick to each other; otherwise we couldn't have made the film.
How was it working with Sandhya Mridul?
I have a couple of scenes with her and it was really nice. We used to rehearse and come up with different things. I had a fantastic rapport with her.

And what about director, Sanjay Jha?
I was introduced to Sanjay by Vineet Kumar, who plays my father in the film. When I met Sanjay Jha, he said you are the one who I wanted for this movie. He evolved the actual script after our meeting. The script and some characters came much later. Sanjay is a very good director, who can hold a team together. He knows how to take best out of an actor.

Tell us something about the music of Strings.
Well Zubin is fantastic in this film. I am a fan of him from a very long time. His music has a spiritual undertone. I think Assamese folk tune has a very unique quality. It goes very well with the film. It's just beautiful. My favorite song is called 'Om' but it has not come on air. It's by a very famous Hindu poet called Nagarjun. I think he has done a fantastic job. He is a rock star and also acted in the film.

What is the USP of this film?
The unique locations of Kumbh.

Which will be your next film?
The film that I am shooting right now is a British film. It's produced by the producers that produced Elizabeth. It's a woman centric film so I am really excited. I am playing a central character of a Bangladeshi immigrant, who gets married to a 45 year old man. It's about her entire journey from 17 years to 35 years. This is a contemporary film about the conflicts and the identity problems of immigrants. It's a unique thing for me because I have not gone through the experience.

This article is available on Internet at http://www.indiafm.com/features/2006/06/10/1280/index.html

Edited by Qwest - 18 years ago
rongmon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: indus

nice piece of information.
one question.... may be a little irrelevant but how come his sirname is garg or has he has changed his name as people do in film industry

He is from an assamese Brahmin family and many of the people keep their surname according to their "gotra", so many of the people have titles like Kashyap, Kaushik, Bhardwaj, Garg, Sandilya etc. etc. Probably you have got the answer.

pradip200 thumbnail
More details on Zubeen here---

http://www.guwahatitoday.com/music/zubin/zubin_main.html
Qwest thumbnail

Originally posted by: Awww

Thanks for your post.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search result for movies with Zubeen as music director:
Total found: 1
  • Strings - Bound By Faith (2006)

• Edited by Qwest - 18 years ago

Word Count: 1

pradip200 thumbnail
    More details on Zubeen here---

http://www.guwahatitoday.com/music/zubin/zubin_main.html
    indus thumbnail
    Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rongmon

He is from an assamese Brahmin family and many of the people keep their surname according to their "gotra", so many of the people have titles like Kashyap, Kaushik, Bhardwaj, Garg, Sandilya etc. etc. Probably you have got the answer.

thanx

it makes sense....sorry i was not aware
    Qwest thumbnail

Well, It has been quite sometime that my music were on the internet and people are "Googling" my name to get the latest information. Further, I do have one or two Yahoo and Rediff email account which need to be cleaned every now and then due to overload. So, I thought it would be nice to lighten up my email accounts and have you folks involved in keeping this simple portal running, with a lively Message Board.

I usually come here to check messages after 10 PM (IST) or so, when I am not busy in my studio. If time permits, I try to respond to all my private messages or E-Mail.

I am also planning on putting a Live-webcam from my studio, right here in the near future. So, please stay tuned...

My online music distributor is Markin Kalpataru, and has been distributing my Assamese MP3 tracks via Store globally, on the internet.

Thank You,

Zubeen Garg.

Edited by Qwest - 18 years ago