Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

redeye2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
@Dabulls23...

I agreed with your evaluations totally...

Sanath can't dance. He looks awkward, embarrassed and he can't string a few sentences either...Be witty at least, for God's sake. Look at Sushil. He knows his place in this competition and he's having a blast and entertaining us. Sanath really needs to leave. He's painful to watch.😭. Talat at least has some sense of humor.

I agreed that Isha-Salman was the best of the lot. It was certainly not a 30 point performance. They had to give a 10 because they use up 9 often enough. Like you said, they are afraid to go below 6. The whole point of having a 10 point range is that you can truly vary the scores over 10 points. The way they are scoring, it appears they are using a 4 point scale - 7,8,9, 10.

I hope they get stricter over time.
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks redeye..
10 should only be given when the dancers have performed and danced to the perfection, efforts and difficulty in technique...
right now we should be seeing 6,7 and highest 8s...
If they want to encourage celebs do that in private but when they are judging dances, they must remain judges and critical abt steps, techniques, performance etc
What is disappointing is Madhuri...Remo is alright still...K Jo has his own crieteria he judges with...Grrr
Edited by Dabulls23 - 12 years ago
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Why are the judges so goody goody? Remo is pretty much genuine.. Madhuri is total makhan polish.. Karan is also kinda honest..
Gur-Shampa: umm I think the deserved 6 πŸ˜• Gurmeet doesn't finish his steps, he puts in too much energy and for that he loses his steps, balance everything..
Pratyusha is very flexible.. I like her.. Her choreographer can do a lot different with her.. they should try new things..
Ravi Kissan.. I think he was funny..πŸ˜† He is definitely entertaining.. though he needs to dance more..his posture for last week's cha cha cha was superb πŸ‘πŸΌ
Bharti is just amazing.. too good.. she can dance.. Savio is a good choreographer.. he should give real steps to Bharti I'm sure she'd be able to do it..
Gia she can dance too her thing is also the energy.. she goes faster than the beat which becomes awkward after a point..
march2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
my fav for jdj5 are isha/bharti...they were perfect diffeently..isha dances gracefully n her mishap tht was
Sphallolalia thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Refreshing thread with some good stuff ! Great job, Thread MakerπŸ‘πŸΌ

I usually watch Jhalak as well as Dancing with the stars - Australia... having learnt few forms of Dancing, the major high for me is watching an awkward non-dancer learn a new dance form and perform it with confidence... this season of Jhalak something is totally off, can't put a finger on it yet BUT it's just not coming together.

Agree with most of the observations on the dancing but it's the inconsistent judging and poor production standards that's ruining it...
9's in the first episode ?! Costumes that have no relevance to the dance form or concept and judges that gush like broken taps...

NoComments thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Sunday Episode comments:

Archana - Did she think that she could be judged a dancer in Jhalak just because of her long legs and sexy looks!!😲 This girl just cant dance and so cant her partner! Terrible performance πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

Isha - Clearly, the best dancer on the show and was definitely a very strong performance. But was not worth the perfect 30 that it fetched. The bar for 30 should be really really high.πŸ˜•. This should have been 27 at the most
Sanath - He just cannot dance... He seemed confused all over the stage! πŸ˜† And what was his coreographer's comment that they got low scores.. They should be happy with judges' biased scores... This performance fetched nothing more than 6s - And six would be appropriate highest score for the start cricketer! πŸ˜‰
Darsheel - Slowly becoming my favorite jodi! ⭐️They were superb in executing the grand theme of Disco- loved the performance! Darsheel is very good and Avneet is fabulous - The Show Stealer! ❀️
Pratyusha - I think this was the pair that danced the most for this episode and it was very well coreographed..πŸ‘πŸΌ OK, there were some minor mistakes, but they were less significant than most of the other jodis.. I quite enjoyed the act - It was one of the top 3 performances of the day.. Boos to judges for this scoring! πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ
Sushil - Again an overhyped participant and not sure why! Again - should not have got anything more than 6 here!
Frankly - I am expecting better performances from next week!
NoComments thumbnail
And lesser we say about the judgement, the better!
Madhuri Dixit seems the most lost and most biased! All what she says and what scores she provides just has no correlation! She has this fake smile and fake tears and she thinks that is all there is to judgement
Karan Johar - Brings in a different angle of judgement to the show! And sometimes that angle can be totally out of context as well πŸ˜•. But he does seem a shade better than Madhuri at least
Remo seems to be the most consistent with his scoring and actually does provide constructive feedback to the contestants as well.πŸ‘πŸΌ. He has provided out of context judgement only a couple of times so far!
stardust2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
OK.. this episode was nowhere close to even a average dedication to Indian Cinema. LM was much better than this week's JDJ.
Why did everybody have to do the same format this time, 3-4 songs and dialogs. Jayasurya's and Darsheel's mix was the best for me, had adequate dance-able moments.

I appreciate Jayasurya's performance because though his face is lost and expressionless, his body moves with rhythm & beats... but look at his face and he looks lost and lil constipated. lolz

Ravi Kisen for me is cheapness and pervertness personified.

I liked Deepak & Pratyusha's perf the most, they had done it really well but the scores were most unfair for them. They deserved much better than what they were given.

Sanam and his partner should be out out out.. there was absolutely zero dance till last moment. And did anyone notice the step Sanam copied from Raghav's dance in DID.. the one where he uses his hand to depict speaking\talking mouth.

FoxxyCleopatra thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Talat and Sanath - Don't know what to say about them. As expected, neither are doing that well and ya can't expect them to become the best either. It's nice to see them try, but I think their choreographers should give them more steps, even if basic ones. Lifts are cool, but we don't see either of the men dancing in that.

Bharti - Absolutely love her, but I think it's time to amp up the difficulty. Hope Savio uses a different style of dancing than bollywood next time.

Gurmeet - Loosen up! Also he needs to work on completing his steps. He leaves off in the middle and it all looks a mess. As for Shampa, I think she should take a few steps back with him. I would suggest doing a Bharti-style routine - lots of good, simple steps that are done fully and neatly. Once he can do that then move on to the crazier things.

Ravi Kissan - Did not like his routine at all. Where was the dancing? They need to concentrate on putting out a dance performance, not just hip thrusting and dialogues.

Isha - Did not deserve a perfect score. She can do way way way cooler things than that. Dance was mostly limited to a few steps in Ooh La La, then Honeymoon Ki Raat was like club grinding and later there was that cool lift, but that's it. Not a perfect 30 performance at all. Better than the others, but that is expected from her.

Archana - Barely saw her dancing. Sanam doesn't seem to have the required maturity in his dancing and choreography yet.

Giaa - All over the place. Needs to work on being clean and finishing.

Judges - What is up with their scoring? It is all over the place. Do the scorecards below 7 not exist? They are handing out 9's to terrible performances, and giving pretty decent performances 7's. And a perfect score in the 2nd week?! Ridiculous! Even last season, though I adored Sushant and loved the horror performance, the second week was too early to give such a score. Diminishes the value of "perfection."

Choreographers - Stop with the dramatics! This is not an acting show. Concentrate on the dance. The performances are supposed to portray a story through dance, not acting. Jai and Deepak did the best job with that; full of dancing but still got the point across.

NoComments thumbnail
Also - what is with so many lifts in all performances?πŸ˜• Any dance form? 😲
Isn't dancing complete without lifts? Looks more like acrobatics than pure dance to me frankly!