Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Choco I agree with you...What a boring episode..
Ravi kissanwa horrible dancing...Over doing IMHO...Tooo many awkward lifts...Even his partner is not good...I tink Female pro besides Shampa all are weak..
why give 9s to hidious dance...Sorry judges ðŸ˜ē
Whats up with K Jo wanting to know if Ravi still has remote which lifts the lehnga...This is a family show and not R or X rated adult dancing..ðŸĪĒ🐷👎🏞
Jayati-Diwakar
Where was the contemporary style in Jayati's dance? It looked more like Paso roble type outfit...No dancing but running around and lift was so awkward...Sorry folks I dont know why I watched this crap?
Rongte khade hone wala performance nahi tha...ðŸ˜ēðŸĪŠ
Definitely not deserving of 9s
Shivani Punit
She is a pretty and cute looking...She did nice job...I would like her to bring bit more grace into her dancing & moves..I think in time it will come..I liked it...She did good last wk and so did today..
8,8,7 unfair marks compared to the first two performances...Sorry judges you guys are hopeless..
Talat-Ankita...The Don LOL ðŸĪĄ
Ankita is a big blob of weight..Sorry to be so candid...Extremely heavy footed...Bad choreography..running around everywhere..Lifts are totally expected...No smooth transitioning..Talat did tad bit better job...Remo was right abt "thoda sa dance to chahiye"
7,8,7 alright marks...
WTH was GC doing in that performance??? Dude cant dance if his life depended on it.. I am disappointed in Shampa's choreography 😔...He was acting like a out of control maniac ðŸ˜ģ...Was this acting contest or dancing??? Gosh...what was that white cotton she was wearing at the end..I did not get the silly story...
7,7, 8 This performance deserved 7 or less from all 3 judges worst of the day..
Giaa-Nishant
atleast had some diff dance steps. They were OK...Nothing great but alright...Gia tried diff style and steps..yes transitions were not smooth..
7, 8, 8 I guess OK marks?ðŸ˜ģ
I am not sure this is all was aired today. I think my DVR did not record Bharati's dance performance..
Only dance I thought 8s was Shivani and Puneets.
Rest did not deserve higher than 7s...No offense meant to any celebs or their fans...ðŸ˜ģ
Edited by Dabulls23 - 12 years ago
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
DB, your post made me laugh 😆 The judges' scores are always all over the place and don't make much sense..I know the popular opinion here is that judges are "mean" to Gurmeet but I think they're too nice to Gurmeet. I wouldn't give him higher than a 6 for today's performance. Ravi Kissan wouldn't have given him higher than a 7 either..Actually scratch that...nothing higher than a 6. The judges seem scared to go below 7 to me 😕
I can't believe I forgot Punit-Shivani! They were definitely amongst the best in today's boring episode. I think Shivani, if given a chance, can be a dark horse of this competition..I do get what Karan said..about the concept, and to some extent I agree, but dancing wise, Shivani is improving and the last bit was pretty decent. Punit is also not doing a bad job..I think I'm starting to like him a bit more..not that he's not in DID. 😆
And Talat Aziz...oh lol. 😆 Yeah, that was a trainwreck.
Edited by chocolover89 - 12 years ago
-pixie- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posting my comment from another thread

All the performances were below par. Most of them looked less like dance and more drama and acrobatics.

Ravi Kissen's pant popping performance was beyond terrible. I was really waiting for his pants to rip. I dont know why Tapori/baraaat dance qualifies for high scores.

I liked Jayati's performance...She is a graceful dancer..but again I am not sure about the choreography...there is more to dancing than lifts.

Shibani's performance was again nice but then I also didnt like the chand chupa dance (The only point on which I seem to have agreed with the judges)

Bharati's performance was again very poorly conceptualized. I didn't understand the scores she got..for what?

GC's perforance again I didnt get the concept..they wanted to tie together 3 versions of Devdas- but the story didnt really come together and the dance again wasnt that great. He was doing cartwheels for crying out loud. Last time I checked it was JDJ and not the city circus. Again, I dont think it was either conceptualized or executed well.

Talat Aziz: I guess he did the best he could. I just saw a man walking across stage and just shaking a hand or hip...

Gia's performance was okay. The looked a bit out of sync with the music. If Ravi Kissen got 26 she should have gotten a lot more than the 22 that she got!
rickks thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Wow...I see some really healthy criticism here...Here is my 2 cents...

1) The one performance that really worked well was Jayati Bose's performance...Yes her stamina was less, and needs to be worked upon, but the biggest plus point here was they succeeded in the story telling part without it affecting the dance performance one bit...One can also say that it was an intelligent choreography and if they were to chose the movie on their own, they did a fab job by selecting Karz
,"Ek Haseena Thi" was more than enough for them to tell the entire story just like in the movie.

The rest all were a huge let down,

2) I failed to understand what GC and Shampa were trying to do...Devdas din't certainly work for me...Shampa needs to work on GC more, he has no control over his body, and his postures and stances, cart wheels etc needs to be more clean...Its hard for GC, he is doing PV and now JDJ but the show must go on right?

3) Ravi Kissen- No Comments...He left a sour taste in my mouth...

4) Talat Aziz- For a ghazal maestro, a person who has nothing to do with Dance at all, Talat Ji did a fair Job...

5) Bharti's Performance was poOrly conceptualized, the gags were good and works for the entertainment quotient but this is not Comedy Circus, its JDJ...

6) Shibani Dandekar is a graceful dancer, and i think one of the most graceful dancer that JDJ has this season. The concept did not sell, and Puneet's choreography this week was poor compared to last week, which did not do well of their team.

Did not see Gia's performance

Well that's what i felt...And i wonder on what basis the Judges are giving their scores...Though Remo's comments are what any professional dance/choreographer would say his marks are totally out of syn with regard to the comments...
Madhusk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Chocom DB I also agree with you...What a boring episode..
Ravi kissanwa horrible dancing...Over doing IMHO...Tooo many awkward lifts...Even his partner is not good...I tink Female pro besides Shampa all are weak..
why give 9s to hidious dance...Sorry judges ðŸ˜ē
Whats up with K Jo wanting to know if Ravi still has remote which lifts the lehnga...This is a family show and not R or X rated adult dancing..ðŸĪĒ🐷👎🏞
dance ke step khi bhi nahi dikhayi deeya...sab nautaki thi...judges's marks...not fair...i am disappointed at the judges///
infinity00 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I would like to applaude to all the members here for there unbiased and very objective comments, I thoroughly enjoy reading them . I agree to most of you , performances were below average and markings were over rated ...judges are too goody goody .
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Ok Here I go with today's performances
Archana-Sanam
I would like to varify and make sure who the contestant is in this pair..
Is it Sanam who is competing??
Less dancing and more props and running around, lifts and all major moves by Sanam showing his body off...Oh well Empty vessel made lots of noise..
7, 8, 8 deserved 7 from all IMHO
Isha-Salman
OK I got the dirty picture but did not get the part after 5 diff color lights..
Isha can surely dance but what was it?
Lets see what they explain.
Thanks Remo for explaining or else I would have never figured it out..ðŸ˜ģ I would like to know if anyone else felt as I did...
Madhuri with tears ...Drama drama..
10,10,10 Hmmm...May be 9s?
Sanath
LOL dude cant dance...Forgot lip sync
He is so awkward doing this...I feel for him. He looked lost...ROFL
8, 8, 8 Sorry should have been 6 from all 3
Pratyusha-Deepak
Most dancing I have seen so far.
Deepak is fab choreographer-dancer...They did pretty pretty well 👏
There were different types of dances on a prop which did not have much room to move around..I think it was hard to do...
Madhuri is right abt "Chhote se space me yeh sab kiya"
Remo is right abt "Bahut saara dance dikha"
7, 8, 7 OMG WTH is wrong with these judges? Not fair at all. They deserved 9s IMHO compared to other scores..ðŸ˜ģ
Darsheel-Avneet
Disco Awww...Mithun Duh LOL
TOoo cute...Darsheel has personality...Avneet is totally full of it..
These kids are doing well...Dance, expressions and acting...
Darsheel doing my dear Mithun Duh's infamous Pelvic Thrust ðŸĪĢ Darsheel made MD proud 😃
Now this was entertainment, entertainment, entertainment galore 👏
Jai superb choreography...Excellent job. 👏
9, 9, 9 agree 😃
Sushil-Alisha
doing better than last wk...Improvement for sure...Forgets lip sync 😆
He enjoyed his performance...Dude never could have had a chance to dance let alone with Alisha in rain had he not won on KBC...he is funny..."Marks kuchh bhi mile, Nahane ko mil gaya" LOL
WHy were the judges gushing over this dude 😆 Sabko gale milke gile hona tha ROFL
than came Jhor ka Jhatka type dance by Sushil dancing with AB..😉
8, 8, 9 ðŸ˜ē Gosh deserved 7s pushing it...But for his efforts and making me laugh
Colorful jodi of the week Isha-Salman...
Darsheel-Avneet and Isha-Salman were the best this wknd
Edits in Green 😃
redeye2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This is more like a judges' critique.

I feel their scoring is all over the place. Most of all Madhuri's. Her verbal gushing/criticism don't get translated to numbers. They seem to go in opposite directions.

Here are the Bias Meters that the judges seems to employing in their scoring...

1. The Audience Loudness Meter: They are clearly swayed by the audience response.
2. The Celebrity Fame Meter: The more famed the celebrity, the higher the scores - Talat and Sanath
3. The Medium-Distance Meter: The further away the star is from the field of acting in movie/TV, the higher the scores tend to be - Talat, Sanath, Sushil,
4. The TV-Bollywood Divide Meter: The contestants from TV Land seem to be getting lower scores than those from Bollywood (The judges are all Bollywood)

I personally feel that no matter which field the contestants may be from, once on stage, the same evaluation parameters have to be used. Every contestant has a trained choreographer and that's how they are leveling the playing field. If judges want to give some weight to amateurs and non-field personalities, they have to make it clear upfront -like for instance, giving an additional point from each judge or add 2 points to the total score. Make it clear, that's all I am saying. Or don't include those who can't shake a leg- Talat, anyone?

Edited by redeye2012 - 12 years ago
bonnefille thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Archana-Sanam- They are an amateur dancer-choreographer team. The performance hardly had any dance except in the end, which too was pretty lame. And wasn't Sanam's pants too tight???? Why oh Why?

Isha-Salman: It was really good but didn't think it was good enough to get triple 10. I thought Isha was better in parts with Salman than in her individual pieces. She was just wriggling her body to look sexy, now what was that? But the lifts were brilliant. I have seen Isha in her films and she is not much of an actress, so her extremely effort-ful expressions didn't surprise me.

Sanath & his choreographer: Dancing is so not Sanath's forte. 😆 But he has improved and he did dance this time. Don't have any hopes of him turning into Michael Jackson overnight, so will wait until he gets eliminated. But it was cute to see how his parents were in the audience to see his performance.

Darsheel-Avneet: The rockstars of Jhalak. They were very good and they also gave homage to an era of Bollywood. All love to see talented kids...so they are sure-shot heart-winners.

Deepak-Pratyusha: My favourite performance of the night. The concept was innovative and included lot of dance. Deepak proved why he was a worthy winner. Pratyusha did a pretty good job and if she hadn't cried, I wouldn't even have known that she missed any step. They deserved much more than what they got.

Sushil-Alisha: Sushil is such a innocent and naive man, its adorable to watch him. It's another thing that he cannot dance. Alisha did a pretty good job with what she has got and danced beautifully herself. Don't have much expectations from Sushil, Sanath and Talat; there is not even much to judge on their performances. They just sway their hands, legs and hips the way their choreographers ask them to do.

A major disappointment this week was the lack of innovativeness. Almost everybody did the standard thing of taking three songs with dialogues in between. Why were all dances choreographed in such a pattern? So much more could have been done considering the theme was cinema.

I missed out on Gia-Nishant's performance during Saturday's episode because I assumed the show had ended because they started showing precap from Sunday's performances. Anyway, I don't think I missed out anything major.
Edited by bonnefille - 12 years ago
Dabulls23 thumbnail
ooops..Giaa & Nishant were last..ðŸ˜ģ