Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
I am not sure Dharmesh would be a good choice as his dancing is limited to his forte...Bring someone who is a trained in some sort of classical or semi classical be it eastern or western...By saying this I am not saying he is not trained or a good dancer or choreographer...He is self trained dude..And with limitations..
Jai, Mayuresh, Parvez and I see Punit did well in first episode...Too bad the partner was not good..
Sanam is the weakest professional on this show..
I have no issues with Isha being on the show...We have had dancer as mentioned by Vishwa already...Why complain now abt Isha..
bonnefille thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Vishwa-

I beg to differ...Isha does look like wide-eyed doll but that is because her features are like that but yes, her expressions do need work as they did not emote emotions.
As for Isha being in JDJ well then in the past we have had trained dancers like Sudha Chandran, Shweta Salve, Sushant Singh Rajput and Yana Gupta.
So its not the first time, also as mentioned earlier, the performance was Isha's strength. She doesn't know other forms of art such as salsa and ballroom.
Other than that, I agree Dharmesh Sir would be a much better choreographer!

I guess every year there is atleast one trained dancer on the show and yet it becomes a matter of dispute. I would blame the production house who continue to project it as an amateurs' show when it should be showcased as "dancing with the stars" . Even in the introduction episode it was repeatedly told by the judges that its a show where celebrities attempt to dance. I was really put off by that...they will utilize trained dancers to give good performances and towards the end they will make them the runner-up. I see Isha too till the final run until somebody else will be declared as the winner.

Regarding people complaining about Isha's participation, people even complained about the previous mentioned contestants. So its not something new. It will be part of the deal until the perception is changed by the makers of the show.

Like earlier said, I think Isha will be highlight of the season and will churn out some memorable performances this year. My only grouse...I am not really a Salman fan. Wish she had been opposite Puneet or Jai.

Edited by bonnefille - 12 years ago
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Isha would have been fab with Mayuresh or Jai...Even Parvez...
Punit did not impress me during DID season although from TL academy..But first episode I loved his choreography and dancing...So he has come a long way..
I like Salman much better now but Jai and Mayuresh are much more versatile dancers..
FoxxyCleopatra thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: stardust2011

Getting Isha on a dancing show with newbies is kind of unfair according to me. She is "trained" dancer.. it's like having Shakti in JDJ as participant. :)

I love this example, and it really is true! It would be like Shakti coming and claiming she is an actress because of one tv show, but that does not take away the fact that she is also a professional dancer. Similarly, Isha has more dance training than most of the choreographers. No, she hasn't trained in ballroom or Latin styles, but neither have half of the choreographers.
In previous seasons there have been trained dancers, but they were not masters of their craft. Sushant had trained for maybe 2-3 years, that too four years before JDJ, and had lost touch with a lot of it. Isha on the other hand has been practicing for 20 years and performs professionally. Her very first performance was on a higher level than the finale performances of most contestants.
I realize it's not her fault that the producers approached her, but it is simply odd to watch her competing with the rest of the lot.

Edit: Since this thread is for critiquing more than contestant selection 😆
-I like Pratyusha, but she needs to let herself go while dancing. She is graceful but looks too concentrated on remembering what to do.
-Gurmeet also needs to loosen up, but more literally than figuratively. Way too stiff.

Edited by FoxxyCleopatra - 12 years ago
NoComments thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
A pretty average episode for Jhalak today...
Ravi Kisan was over the top again... It seemed much louder Dabbang than what was needed... I am also struggling with the fact that Ravi is not able to do anything other than Street Bollywood so far.. Quite repetitive
Jayati Bhatia with Karz in my opinion was better last week than this. She has very good expressions and that makes her performances very entertaining. But she really starts losing energy mid-way in her performance and that clearly showed today
Shivani - Agree with Karan Johar that they focussed in something against the spirit of the topic and that was a dampner.. But I liked the 3rd part of their dance quite well.. It was well performed, but the transitions from song to song was weak.. HDDCS is so rich in music.. could have worked wonders..
Talat Aziz - Is a weak dancer and that showed all along his performance.. Nothing more to comment here about this Don
Gurmeet - A quite week performance yet again in Devdas.. Again for him, the transitions were jarring.. He was losing his balance and the coordination between the 2 was all over the place.. He may go long way because he is popular.. But that will be honestly unfair to quite a few others on the show
Bharti - She was rocking last week but could not live up to the same standard this week.. An entertaining act oveall for Lage Raho.. , but there was very little dance in the overall act, and that I think is underestimating what she can deliver
Gia - Again - she is not the best dancer on the show and that shows.. I also dont think the reverse transition for KKHH worked for me.. It was done more from the ease of costumes perspective IMHO.. She is cute but would really need to work much harder...
I think - some of the performances tomorrow are going to be better (as the preview suggests).. Looks like Isha will again get a 'This is it' score for Dirty Picture.. Also curious of what Sushil does with Lagaan that he gets a standing ovation... I was actually thinking that Darsheel could actually do TZP itself with contemporary but that is not to be...
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Dabulls23

I am not sure Dharmesh would be a good choice as his dancing is limited to his forte...Bring someone who is a trained in some sort of classical or semi classical be it eastern or western...By saying this I am not saying he is not trained or a good dancer or choreographer...He is self trained dude..And with limitations..

Jai, Mayuresh, Parvez and I see Punit did well in first episode...Too bad the partner was not good..
Sanam is the weakest professional on this show..

Wait...when did Mayuresh and Parvez participate in Jhalak? 😕 I thought only Jai, Salman, Punit, Vrushali did last season...and there's Jai, Punit, Salman, Sanam, and Alisha this season..Neerav and Sneha were also there.
Sanam has the least experience and it shows. He has a very long way to go as a choreographer..and even as a dancer.
And I agree about Dharmesh. He's a great choreographer, but a limited dancer and I'm not sure it would work so well in Jhalak when you have to dance with your partner and you have to do lifts, ballroom, and a bunch of other styles..unless of course he gets kids like Jai did this season.
Dabulls23 thumbnail

Originally posted by: chocolover89

Wait...when did Mayuresh and Parvez participate in Jhalak? 😕 I thought only Jai, Salman, Punit, Vrushali did last season...and there's Jai, Punit, Salman, Sanam, and Alisha this season..Neerav and Sneha were also there.
LOL naah yaar Mayuresh and Parvez did not participate in JDJ...I was mentioning Isha S. Would have been good with Mayuresh, Jai or Parvez...Mayuresh is very good in many diff type dancing yaar..Aalman, Punit, Sanam and Alisha are taking part as Pros and Jai choreographed Darsheel-Avneet's dance last wk..R u saying Sneha and Neerav are also in JDJ? Doing what??? SNeha K or Sneha G?
Sanam has the least experience and it shows. He has a very long way to go as a choreographer..and even as a dancer.
Right On...I said the same
And I agree about Dharmesh. He's a great choreographer, but a limited dancer and I'm not sure it would work so well in Jhalak when you have to dance with your partner and you have to do lifts, ballroom, and a bunch of other styles..unless of course he gets kids like Jai did this season.
RIght on again dear...GMTA 😃

Pirated_Fun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Today Shivani's few lifts were pretty good , I didn't like Jayati's dance much ..But yes Gurmeet's dance was not that impressive ...
Edited by --PiaSenGupta-- - 12 years ago
gilmores thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dabulls23

LOL naah yaar Mayuresh and Parvez did not participate in JDJ...I was mentioning Isha S. Would have been good with Mayuresh, Jai or Parvez...Mayuresh is very good in many diff type dancing yaar..Aalman, Punit, Sanam and Alisha are taking part as Pros and Jai choreographed Darsheel-Avneet's dance last wk..R u saying Sneha and Neerav are also in JDJ? Doing what??? SNeha K or Sneha G?

Ahhh okay lol. I got confused. 😆 Mayuresh and Parvez would have been good too! Even Siddesh, Pradeep. I really wanted Isha and Jai to be partners..but oh well. Salman is good, but I just don't want him to get lazy because he has a good partner like he did last season. Darsheel and Avneet are also good dancers and Jai's a fab choreographer so they make a good jodi..I just wish they would give Jai a little more credit. And yeah, Mayuresh can do plenty of styles! think Mayuresh and Jai are the most versatile dancers to have come out of DID.
Oh no, not this season. I meant ki Neerav and Sneha K have been choreograhers in JDJ before..Neerav was Ragini's choreographer last season and Sneha K was with that boxer dude. Neerav toh is busy with LM now..dunno about Sneha..
gilmores thumbnail
Today's episode was a borefest. I don't even know why I bothered.
Bharti was fun, but her steps are veryy simple. I also thought she got a little tired. Savio should help her build stamina, and start challenging her a bit because Bharti can move :) Last week was better for her.
Ravi Kissan was just okay. Too many lifts after a point and not enough dance.
Jayati Bhatia was decent, but she does lose energy midway through the performance and needs to work on that.
Gia..the concept was interesting but it could have been much better. I felt like sometimes the rewinding was awkwardly placed. She needs to work on her transitions big time..overall it was only theek-thak.
Gurmeet is an awkward dancer. This was the worst performance I saw today. He doesn't finish his steps, it was all over the place. And he's very stiff. He seems a bit underconfident to me also.
I feel like I missed some people..not sure who. Oh well..I thought everyone was so-so more or less. Tomorrow looks much more promising.
Edited by chocolover89 - 12 years ago