Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bonnefille thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: -Vishwa-

So, this is my take on the performances. The scores were not fair, I know. Though like I mentioned they had said that they did that based on each person's ability to dance. However, after thinking about it, I feel that most of these guys are weak and really wouldn't matter if they judged them on the same scale. If they want, they could probably judge good performers like Isha and Salman on their own scale.

P.s: Don't feel bad about my comments, I am not biased towards anyone. It's just my opinion on what I felt. I am not targeting any individual star or choreographer.

Giaa and Nishant: The performance was average according to me, I felt that their marks were the most unbiased and fair. They deserved what they had gotten however, I felt bad that they did better than most and got such less marks. Anyways, I think Nishant will need to work more on Giaa's stage presence and focus. She looked off while moving around the stage and working with props.

Darsheel and Avneet: Good performance (for them atleast) Darsheel needs to really polish his moves. Their timing was off and also Avneet was most likely the center of attention 😆

Gurmeet and Shampa: I was really not impressed (don't throw jhootas) I felt that the choreography could have been better and Gurmeet looked very stiff as well, making the moves unpleasant to watch. I really hope that he loosens up but I really liked his expressions 😳

Jai Suria and Suchitra: Below average performance. I feel that he really needs to work on how he executes each step, they need to be better transitioned and graceful.

Isha Shravani and Salman: Very good performance but I think Isha can work a little bit better on her expressions but other than that the performance was seriously breathtaking!

Jayati Bhatia and Diwakar: I felt that she did fairly well...her choreography might not be so complex but her execution was great...just a bit more polish and she would be up there 😉

Talat Aziz and Ankita: Talat needs to loosen up as well, the choreographer seriously need to start teaching. I thought that there was only a lot of dragging and lifts, not much of dance. Would like to see a bit more moves being thrown. Overall, a below average performance.

Pratushya and Deepak: Pratushya and Deepak had a pretty great performance. The choreography was good and the girl really was very graceful but expressions need to be improved, all she needs to develop the stage presence as I kept on looking at Deepak more than her. But a well executed performance😊

Shibani and Puneet: Shibani needs to polish her skills, other than that I think Puneet is doing a pretty good job with her.

Bharti and Savio: This was a surprising and a very entertaining performance. It was definitely a good watch, Bharti can surely GROOVE! Though I think that she needs to work on her speed but other than that the performance was great watch!

Archana and Sanam: It was a below average performance I'd say I was disappointed since I thought that it would be atleast better than what we say before. However, there was no flow to the choreography, no gracefulness in Archana either. I thought that the girl was just walking to one place, shaking her hip (not even properly) then going to another and repeating. The problem with Archana is that her body is very stiff, her hips don't flow like they should and she has her body co-ordination messed up. I was expecting better from Sanam as well but I think it's first time so he is probably not at his best as of yet.

Ravi Kissen and Kunjan: An okay performance. Again a body that is very stiff and masculine, needs to sway more and also the steps don't come out clear. So I think Kunjan needs to work on Ravi Kissen's clarity and steps a bit more!

Sushil and Alisha: I was excited to see a common man but then disappointed again with the performance, though I can see the hard work as he has never danced before. Alisha did a great job trying to choreograph something that would cover his major flaws however there is more room for improvement. Also, I think that his spirit was great throughout.

Oh you have put down everything so well. I concur!

Just adding random thoughts...

I really feel Nishant is an inadequate choreographer. He never utilised Ankita properly last season and I think same will be the case with Gia this season. The girl left her show for Jhalak, hopefully she atleast gets noticed in the show.

Agree with Shampa's choreography...she seems to have misread Gurmeet's strengths. There was unnecessary emphasis on his action hero image. Also the costumes, especially Gurmeet's, was not suited for the dance. I also noticed there was one step similar to Sushant-Shampa's first performance, which should not have been the case. Such things can be noticed by ones who notice. Hopefully, Shampa will do a better job next time because sure she is talented and an awesome choreographer. Gurmeet seems a hardworking chap, am sure he will improve in his dancing style.

I was more a Javed fan when Deepak was teamed up with Prachi but he sure is talented choreographer. I have particularly liked his work with Yash and Gauri Tonk in Nach Baliye. His first act was simple but intricate. Although I wished they had used better props...why use actual bedsheets and shirts when you can make your performance look better with some colourful chiffon cloth pieces. Pratyusha surprised me...I always assumed her to be stiff but she's quite graceful. She is even thinner than what she looks in Balika Vadhu. I see her as the dark horse of the show...she might turn out the winner this season.

I have never seen Sanam, I believe he is a former DID contestant. Whatever it is...he least impressed me. He himself didn't seem to be doing the steps right. Archana could well turn out to be Tapur Chatterjee of season 2 if she improves.

Ravi Kissen, Sushil Kumar, Sanath Jaisurya and Talat Aziz, all were neither good nor entertaining. However, I understand Sanath being given such high marks. He is a cricket legend making efforts to groove a little, sure the judges and the show will encourage him even he stands in a corner.

Jayati and Bharti were the surprise packages of the night, especially Bharti. What spirit! I have a feeling she will do well in all type of dances.

Like somebody said here, Salman has sure got a great opportunity to choreograph some memorable performances in this season. Dancing is to Isha what swimming is to a fish. She's daughter of renowned danseuse Daksha Seth, sure she will be highlight of this season. But yes she should improve on her expressions, she can look like a wide-eyed doll!

Last but not the least, Darsheel is a cute-heart! I am so rooting for him...but got to say Avni can totally steal the show from him. Jai Kumar Nair is a talented choreographer, I wish he's asked to join the kids when they are being scored. Judges giving their inputs to him is equally important.

My one complaint...all the teams are similar pairs like last seasons. Nishant has been given the popular bahu, Shampa -- the TV star, Puneet -- the singer, Salman -- a great but not so popular dancer, Deepak -- the famous TV beti. There would be similar expectations and also would not see anything new. A mixed bag would have been more fun to watch.

-scarlett- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: bonnefille

Oh you have put down everything so well. I concur!

Just adding random thoughts...

I really feel Nishant is an inadequate choreographer. He never utilised Ankita properly last season and I think same will be the case with Gia this season. The girl left her show for Jhalak, hopefully she atleast gets noticed in the show.

Agree with Shampa's choreography...she seems to have misread Gurmeet's strengths. There was unnecessary emphasis on his action hero image. Also the costumes, especially Gurmeet's, was not suited for the dance. I also noticed there was one step similar to Sushant-Shampa's first performance, which should not have been the case. Such things can be noticed by ones who notice. Hopefully, Shampa will do a better job next time because sure she is talented and an awesome choreographer. Gurmeet seems a hardworking chap, am sure he will improve in his dancing style.

I was more a Javed fan when Deepak was teamed up with Prachi but he sure is talented choreographer. I have particularly liked his work with Yash and Gauri Tonk in Nach Baliye. His first act was simple but intricate. Although I wished they had used better props...why use actual bedsheets and shirts when you can make your performance look better with some colourful chiffon cloth pieces. Pratyusha surprised me...I always assumed her to be stiff but she's quite graceful. She is even thinner than what she looks in Balika Vadhu. I see her as the dark horse of the show...she might turn out the winner this season.

I have never seen Sanam, I believe he is a former DID contestant. Whatever it is...he least impressed me. He himself didn't seem to be doing the steps right. Archana could well turn out to be Tapur Chatterjee of season 2 if she improves.

Ravi Kissen, Sushil Kumar, Sanath Jaisurya and Talat Aziz, all were neither good nor entertaining. However, I understand Sanath being given such high marks. He is a cricket legend making efforts to groove a little, sure the judges and the show will encourage him even he stands in a corner.

Jayati and Bharti were the surprise packages of the night, especially Bharti. What spirit! I have a feeling she will do well in all type of dances.

Like somebody said here, Salman has sure got a great opportunity to choreograph some memorable performances in this season. Dancing is to Isha what swimming is to a fish. She's daughter of renowned danseuse Daksha Seth, sure she will be highlight of this season. But yes she should improve on her expressions, she can look like a wide-eyed doll!

Last but not the least, Darsheel is a cute-heart! I am so rooting for him...but got to say Avni can totally steal the show from him. Jai Kumar Nair is a talented choreographer, I wish he's asked to join the kids when they are being scored. Judges giving their inputs to him is equally important.

My one complaint...all the teams are similar pairs like last seasons. Nishant has been given the popular bahu, Shampa -- the TV star, Puneet -- the singer, Salman -- a great but not so popular dancer, Deepak -- the famous TV beti. There would be similar expectations and also would not see anything new. A mixed bag would have been more fun to watch.

very nice input dear...
I'd like to add my two-cents here if you don't mind...

For Nishant... I agree his choreography is never out of the box but I have noticed that his performances with Ankita were kept very simple and to a certain extent I feel that he gels well just doing that because when he tries to make things complex they don't exactly work out well...so it is true that he will be giving mediocre choreography this season unless he tries to change it also just to add I noticed in the last season that Nishant didn't have sufficient knowledge on each type of dancing and sometimes he messed them up too...

And I'm glad you mentioned the costumes on GC's dance, the tight clothing just made it seem more stiff if there was some light and loose clothing than it would have disguised the stiffness in the body to a certain extent. Nice observation...but I feel this is going to continue for all the choreographers because they stick to their certain styles...a great observation though :)

Well Deepak did wonders with Prachi...and I was really glad that his pair with Pratyusha jammed well... but I never really cared about the props as they were well used but I did feel that the whole set up was a little over-crowded (now I feel like i'm being very critical hehe)

Yes, Sanam was a disappointment but I think he lacks confidence. I felt it would have been better to bring someone with a little bit more experience. In DID the master prepares him and his partner well but here I think he tried to prepare himself and his partner which caused things to mess up... hopefully he does better next time...

Like I mentioned, I loved Jayati and Bharti...they have a great sense of humour which in itself is a great watch but when they dance they dance like no one's watching!

Salman is so lucky...I am not even going to bother saying how good Isha is and last season too, Yana was pretty good...the judges were right about him ending up with a hottie but they should've added a dancing hottie lol

Yea, another great observation. Jai should have been on stage and given some kind of a recognition as well. Also it would be better if he could have a face to face interaction with the judges instead of just hearing them.

The last point you made was something that a lot of us were questioning, how are the pairs exactly made? But a very interesting point you made there as well! 👏⭐️

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Deepak is a fab choreographer-dancer...I loved his choreography for Pratyusha and how it was carried forward by her..
Sanam is an avg dancer and he needs more experience and practice..Wish they had picked may be Parvez over Sanam?
Yes Jai should have received a recognition for kids performance...Avneet is a fab dancer from DID LM..Expression queen.
GC's costume was too tight and those pants did not look good while dancing..He should have worn something loose fitting pants for dancing. I think the whole act was based on his strength which did not work for him and worked against him..Better luck next time..
Edited by Dabulls23 - 12 years ago
stardust2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Isha's expressions are really bad considering that she is stage artist. Like someone mentioned, she has the wide-eyed doll look throughout (even in movies😆 )
Getting Isha on a dancing show with newbies is kind of unfair according to me. She is "trained" dancer.. it's like having Shakti in JDJ as participant. :)

I'm not sure if Sanam is ready to be a choreographer.. I didn't like him much in DID either. The song selection was also thanda, putting paani over the already geela performance.

Wish they had got Dharmesh Sir as one of the choreographers. 😊

maanmeet1 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
m not a dancer bt would love to read d views...

i loved bharti n jayati's dance...dey will improve a lot m sure of dat...bharti is a competition i feel...

darsheel n isha r trained...der performances were too good...though mistakes were made bt may b 1st episode tension...

i feel sanath, sushil, talat will b out very soon...gia, pratyusha n ravi were ok...

didnt like archna bt d other gal was ok...

last for d best GC...m biased towards him bt if his dance was nt good den wont say he was good...

didnt like his costume, performance was ok or not dat good...coz i knw he can do better den dat n i knw he will improve himself to b d best...coz dats wht he is...

no matter what i will always support him...will always wish him to perform best...just for him m watching JDJ...

567043 thumbnail

Originally posted by: tannipartner

Dabulla🤗

where are you these days? Why are you not on DID forum? did u watch the wildcard epi? OMG it reeked of pre scripted and favoritism.

Sorry to butt in Tannipartner-Dabulls has taken permanent residency @ PR forum & is awfully busy slaying idiots there with humor and commonsense! SHE is too modest to boast of her achievements so I'm blowing her trumpet!!

I'm SO glad for this thread-an island of sane judgements on DANCE in the chaos of the detestable ATs that proliferate at the speed of light!

bonnefille thumbnail

Originally posted by: znursingh

Sorry to butt in Tannipartner-Dabulls has taken permanent residency @ PR forum & is awfully busy slaying idiots there with humor and commonsense! SHE is too modest to boast of her achievements so I'm blowing her trumpet!!

I'm SO glad for this thread-an island of sane judgements on DANCE in the chaos of the detestable ATs that proliferate at the speed of light!

Excuse me???? Can we restrain from commenting on other forums and calling its members idiots? What is the point of bringing up a completely alien topic here?

Slay idiots? Shows the immense respect you have for divergent views.

You can continue the argument by tagging me also as "an idiot from PR forum" but please lets end the matter here itself.
567043 thumbnail

Originally posted by: bonnefille

Excuse me???? Can we restrain from commenting on other forums and calling its members idiots? What is the point of bringing up a completely alien topic here?

Slay idiots? Shows the immense respect you have for divergent views.

You can continue the argument by tagging me also as "an idiot from PR forum" but please lets end the matter here itself.

No thank you! Sorry to have brought in another forum here-it WAS only friendly banter!!!!
I didn't call YOU an idiot though!
It is ended as far as I'm concerned...but I thought I needed to clarify and apologize which I have...So NOW its ended!
Edited by znursingh - 12 years ago
bonnefille thumbnail
I am extremely impressed by Karan's ability as a judge. His views are balanced and are independent from what Remo has to say on choreography. He might be a layman on technique but he is pretty observant to grasp the nuances.

Ravi: I didn't like it. I particularly hate the pelvic thrusting step and Ravi's performance was full of it. Out of the three songs, I liked their performance most in Chori Kiya re Jiya. Didn't think he deserved 29.

Shibani: Karan was so right in his judgement...the concept hardly celebrated cinema. It celebrated Salman-Ash's broken relationship...now what was that? I like Puneet and his choreography tonight was pretty good. Probably if the concept was more about cinematic romance then it would been different story altogether.

Gurmeet: He was much better in his last performance, so that's not really a good sign of improvement. There wasn't any flow in his dancing and he doesn't complete his steps. Also his steps mostly involved him swirling around with the bottle. As a contestant, wish to see much more from him in a performance. I have a feeling he would do much better in slower songs. But anyway Shampa danced beautifully, especially to Chalak-Chalak song.

Talat- He can't dance and his performance aren't enjoyable either. But yes there was mark improvement from last time. I don't predict him to be in the running for long.

Jayati: It was a decent performance and she does not seem to be struggling as much as she claims to be doing so. The strings dropping from the sleeves was a major distraction. I also didn't find the transition of the story to be very smooth, otherwise great job done by Diwakar.

Last but not the least...

Bharti: Yes the steps were simple but the performance was full of "entertainment". I had a grin all through the performance...I thoroughly enjoyed it. So 10/10 on that!

In all, it was an average episode. It seems all the good performances will be shown tomorrow which is not fair. Why waste watching the show on Saturday when the real deal is to happen on Sunday.

Curious to see Sushil's "This is it" performance.

Another complaint added: Isn't the set too bright? The background screen has either bright petals projected or a tomb like place for ambience! Too garish for my liking.
-scarlett- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: stardust2011

Isha's expressions are really bad considering that she is stage artist. Like someone mentioned, she has the wide-eyed doll look throughout (even in movies😆 )

Getting Isha on a dancing show with newbies is kind of unfair according to me. She is "trained" dancer.. it's like having Shakti in JDJ as participant. :)

I'm not sure if Sanam is ready to be a choreographer.. I didn't like him much in DID either. The song selection was also thanda, putting paani over the already geela performance.

Wish they had got Dharmesh Sir as one of the choreographers. 😊

I beg to differ...Isha does look like wide-eyed doll but that is because her features are like that but yes, her expressions do need work as they did not emote emotions.
As for Isha being in JDJ well then in the past we have had trained dancers like Sudha Chandran, Shweta Salve, Sushant Singh Rajput and Yana Gupta.
So its not the first time, also as mentioned earlier, the performance was Isha's strength. She doesn't know other forms of art such as salsa and ballroom.
Other than that, I agree Dharmesh Sir would be a much better choreographer!