Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NoComments thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Costumes
Loved the costumes of Dipak and Pratyusha this week.. It helped them sway and flow with the contemporary art form!
I also liked what Shibani and Isha wore... Very nice to support the form of dance they chose!
Archana had a beautiful gown as well.. Wish her dance was even 5% of what her gown was!
Avneet was very cute with the feather effect - reminded me of Helen's style of costumes!
Suchitra and Alisha had very loud costumes.. Did not like what Ravi's partner wore as well.. but was better than the other two... Gia looked fat in her Samba outfit actually!
Bhaarti also wore too bright a color (not to my taste)... and Jayati would have done better with a Black or a Red in Taadav in my opinion!
But Shampa had the most horrendous costumes of the week... What was that...
Of the men - Again loved the costumes of Deepak, Salman the most - very apt for their act... And Ravi and Sushil very loud in their dressing in my opinion... Sanath was boring... Diwakar always sparks in his get-up! and Darsheel looked cute.. The rest were all OK - strictly!
LiveHappy thumbnail
In last 2 episodes of Jhalak, the best dances which I felt was of
1>Shibani-Puneet (danced well and the expressions were at par to the the format of dance)
2> Avneet-Darsheel (My fav pair...both really enjoy their dance while performing...also Avneet is a delight to watch)
3> Bharti-Savio (
this pair is third on my list coz of Savio. I felt more than Bharti, Savio danced really well..the entry he made and the way he danced so fast to the beat was awesome along with his expressions.Especially where he has to turn round and round..he looked really graceful in those movements)
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I just finished watching the episode and I gotta say it was pretty blah other than Darsheel-Avneet. They should have gotten the colourful jodi of the week and a higher score. If someone had given them a 10 I would not have objected. They were pretty flawless, Darsheel's stage presence is fantastic, his movements are clean and he has the best chemistry with his partner out of all the contestants (not to say I approve of KJo's obsession with a certain set of words and insinuations). Anyway to break it down:

Darsheel - Stupendous performance! I pretty much said everything above, about what made them so fabulous. Avni is wonderful because she is a superb dancer but never hogs the limelight, even inadvertently, though that is partly due to Darshee's electric stage presence and his amazing confidence. I just cannot say how much I loved this performance because it had a dash of everything. The only disadvantage was that everything that came after was a disappointment.

Jayati - *Deep breath* Ok. As a classical dancer, I have never been able to reconcile myself with the way that the entertainment industry mercilessly butchers multiple classical art forms in one fell blow and gets away with it. This piece was no different. First of all, the assignment to Divakar and Jayatiji was a total anomaly because TANDAV is not a dance form, unlike Salsa, Rumba, Tango, Lavani etc. it is a theme, handled differently in different forms. Tandav in khatak will be different from Tandava in Bharatanatyam. So what am I supposed to say about this performance? It is not Jayatiji or even Divakar's fault, but I just can't bring myself to comment on this performance because it is insulting that nobody on the show has a clue!

Pratyusha - I loved the song choice, the choreography and the costumes. Pratyusha was graceful and the song suited her baby doll looks and expressions to a tee. I am with Remo on this one though, she was not technically very sharp and her extensions needed to be better. Modern is more about communicating with your body rather than your face and the lack of energy she had in her body language was a drawback. It is a myth that graceful dancing does not require energy, in fact it requires more because you have to be so in control.

Isha - Meh. I know the judges were all over her and the act was technically flawless no doubt, as well as being really cool in terms of all the stunts, but am I being harsh if I say I expect that from her as a minimum and expect to see something above and beyond technical perfection in her performances? I continue to search for that something that touches my heart in her performances and I have not found it. Her expressions today were strange and I didn't love the song choice for that choreography either. I know I am being harsh on her, but with her background I think someone has to!

Sannath - Good to see some of the scores entering the same zip code as making sense.

Ravi - He was okay but he looked more comedic than anything and certainly did not deserve that 27. Good lord.
Luv-abhiNikk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Omg I just loved Darsheel nd Avneet today, there performance was too cute!!!! Nd I have no words to describe the expressions Darsheel gives especially the 'maza baas ekh look pe hain' and Munni hai yah shelia hai'. They are just adorable together nd I hope they win. My best wishes with them throughout their journey together.
redeye2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

This was a better dance attack than the previous one!

I totally loved Isha and Salman's performance. It was exhilarating to watch after so many miserable performances. And this was the kind of drive that was missing in many pairs. Though, Isha's expression as she vanquishes the matador at the end seemed a bit weird.

Darsheel was totally upstaged by the little pataka - Avneet. His moves seemed loose and not as crisp and clean. It might not have shown if he were dancing by himself, but with Avneet beside him...But I like this pair better than many others.

I have never seen taandav with lifts. This was some sort of fusion dance. If we ignore the label, I'd say Jayati was not all that bad.

Pratyusha performance was nice and flowy, but not great! I agreed with the judges' evaluation. She seems like a delicate flower.

And I nearly fainted when they gave 2 6s to Sanath. For the first time, the judges put a stop to their love-fest and scored as they should. But, I should have known better. One ought to never lose faith in the judges so quickly. They never fail to use one of the Bias Meters I posted about in the earlier pages. Ravi Kissan got 3 9s. He got 9s for being a non-dancer? If that doesn't make you go cross-eyed...

And Ragini was so trying with her mind-numbing introduction about 'Deepak'. What the heck was that?

Edited by redeye2012 - 12 years ago
*mittu* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
OK. Now I am sure that JDJ is trying to cover the flaws of celebrities. Both Sat and Sun the show was full of close up shots of celebrities while the act. This prevented from seeing most of the footwork or the coordination of the dancers. You dont need close up of the face to see the expressions. Its like they are trying to cover the flaws and trying to get more votes.

Darsheel / Avneet - Wonderful choreography. Avneet totally outdanced Darsheel. Her footwork and expressions was mind blowing. Darsheel really fell short in dancing but he has great presence. He is still my favorite

Jayati / Diwakar - Is tandav a dance form? Is there lifts in tandav? Anyway Jayati did well this week with what was given.

Pratyusha / Deepak - I think I am going to be in the minority who hated their dress. I didnt like it at all. Pratyusha is my favourite this season but for her to go ahead she really needs to step up and show some spirit. Look at Giaa. Her performance might not be perfect but she enjoys herself and is happy.
I felt Deepaks choreography was strictly ok this time. Whats with all the lifts. Contemporary has lifts but this much. Pratyusha didnt show any improvement this week.

Isha / Salman - I liked Salmans performance better than Isha's in this one. Salmans posture and carriage was wonderful. Isha always fails to connect with me. She is technically perfect. She danced flawlessly. Some of the lifts were wonderful. But the expressions Madhuri were raving abt didnt connect with me. But if they have to give 30, better for this performance than the dirty picture one. That defenitely didnt deserve 30.

Sanat / Suchitra - Supriya is a good choreo. But Sanat looks like the least working celebrity here. Even Sushil tries more than him. Thank goodness judges found the no.6 this time.

Ravi / Gunjan - 27 marks?? Just because he is a non dancer and never attempted tango before. So does Giaa and Shibani does Samba and Tango everyday? He didnt have any footwork or posture. He like GC was walking lazily in between lifts. But GC's didnt look this bad. Gunjan has never impressed me as a choreo in JDJ.

Ragini should not anchor. She looks totally lost. Manis is sometimes OTT but much better than Ragini.

Madhuri is looking like a total airhead. I thought she was a technically trained dancer. Is she forbidden from giving any comment abt technical facts. Is only Remo allowed to say that.

KJo - "SEXY" .. But still I like him better than Madhuri.

*Alishba* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
This Season Salman & Isha are the perfect pair, Salman is the real creative artist, they were mindblowing last night... πŸ‘πŸ‘
πŸ‘
Darsheel & Avneet performed really well, they were amazing they deserved 27,

Bharti is complete entertainer

GC improved alot, Ravi Kishan getting 27 for that Tango.. was Unfair.. He deserves 24

Shibani & punit were good too πŸ‘πŸΌ

Edited by *Alishba* - 12 years ago
_Fantasy_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I get a feeling that they leave the better performances till the Sunday and show all the learners on Saturday...

From all the dancers on Saturday, I only liked Bharti's because it was genuinely done well. The rest were all ok... Susheel K needs to concentrate on his dancing more than comedy. I'm sorry but I know he does it all naively and what not but I really think he goes overboard. I'm actually glad Remo said that he can't say anything technically because Susheel is not dancer however, I think even 20 was a bit too much...

Sunday

Darsheel was too good. His partner Avneet (?) was amazing though! When they dance it doesn't even look like their kids! Im quite surprised that Darsheel is 16! He looks way too small to be that old...

Jayati - I agree that tandav is not a dance form but she was really good. It gets a little hard to judge cos all we have a conception or misconception of what the dance is like... I've been told Shivji also used to do tandav when he was extremely happy! So I fail to understand why anger is connected to tandav? Again, there's no true answer as dance is not one that can be compared nor is it a text book dance. But yes the performance was great.

Pratyusha - I maybe in the minority but because of her crying last week I'm put off her. I don't know if it was genuine or a sympathy appeal. Honestly, I just ffwded through her performance.

Sanathh - I think the judges were completely right, he had pretty basic stuff to do, he needs to do more... But he really can't dance lol and unlike Susheel I actually find his innocence convincing and not OTT. But at the end of the day, this show is all about dance.

Isha was good but then she's basically got the best choreographer (I do believe Salman is simply awesome). Isha has done Bollywood so she's familiar with dance/grace and everything related. Their performance was good but I don't like the song choice.

Ravi - he's so down to earth it's amazing and he has improved so much! Well deserved marks! Although I strongly believe he'll really be good when they do the fast beat Bollywood songs!

There's no better dancer than Madhuri and there never will be, she's puuurrrfect!
pippa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@Samana, I didn't know that the tandava differed according to the form of dancing. Thanks for the info...shouldn't the judges have been aware of it? At least Remo.πŸ˜†And madhuri, if we think about it..as she's a classical dancer.

And yes, black or red should have been the color for the dance since it's a rudra roopam. jayanti did try very hard...I like her determination and her genuine responses.

I liked the dances on sunday more than those on saturday. Like someone here said...they seem to be saving the best for last.

I liked Isha and salman's dance..the costumes were great and the moves were beautiful...but are all those leg stretches...lovely though they were ...part of the pasa double? I like the charging bull moments though they were few...I was hoping for Salman to pull out that red cloth and wave it in her face...he was the matador, after all.

Isha looks cold most of the time..maybe that's why many here say that they can't seem to connect with her... and sometimes even unmoved when the judges comment on her.

Also the end was sudden...I didn't realise the bull had kiiled the matador till she carried him on her shoulders...which by the way, was quite stunning to see.

Love Avneet..she has the cutest smile and loveliest of moves...I have to confess that I hardly look at Darsheel...is he really 16? He looks like 13 to me...it took me quite a while to recall where I had seen Avneet before..she had a show on Like OK not long ago..she was much plumper then.

Sanath, Susheel...ok I won't go there...but both make me laugh...in a nice way.

Ravi's costume made me reach for my sunglasses but he was better than expected..liked what he said about being back in school...that guy can talk yet not sound like a bol bachan.

I like Prathyusha...she really is a delicate darling but not in an annoying way..though I wished she hadn't cried that day...it's going to hang over head like a cloud...at least Manish isn't going let her forget it that easily.

I must be one of the few who like Ragini's hosting...read somewhere that she relies heavily on the teleprompter...and why not..she's new to this unlike the seasoned Manish...who does go overboard...(hats off to Bharathi for putting up with his fat jokes)..really didn't like the watermelon reference...

Ragini does bring varying intonations to her voice...though her"hero worship' is getting a little stale, I liked the way she handed the rose to GC and the way he sprinkled the petals over her...that was sweet.
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I loved loved love Isha-Salman Paso Doble~..
It is a tough dance due to the techniques, footwork, expression and aggression..Costumes were beautiful and they looked gorgeous..
First time I could not keep my eyes off Isha. and did not bother looking at Salman who is a fab dancer...After the first 30 seconds I was only watching Isha...She did febulous with expression and dance moves..I totally connected to her dance performance...Did not think I was watching any indian dance show.Superb song selection to dance paso doble on..πŸ‘
Loved loved Darsheel-Avneet...These 2 chhote packets are simply adorable, hard working and too good. πŸ‘..Avneet's posture, moves and expressions were to die for..She did much better than Darsheel who was really good...But remember Avneet has been dancing for a while and has been a DID LM contestant b4 and now a child actress on Meri Maa
Shivani-Puneet's dance was good but I felt Shivani looked bit uncomfortable at times and her aggression was bit over the top.
Bharti was good in Lavni but it was far fetched from a great lavni...Must give her kudos for attempting the dance, doing well and lip sync too..How she dropped her body on floor twice and got up and carried on with dance...Its not easy for a heavy person but she is giving her 100+% which is commendable
Pratyusha is beautiful and graceful...They did good..now she needs to do another form where she can show her junoon-aggression.
Jayati's tandav was no where Tandav or even called close to Tandav but a mere fusion..But she did good with expressions and lifts.
Sushil and Sanath were OK but Sanath put out more efforts this time..I was not much impressed with Alisha's look or dance..
GC and Shampa..Gc was tad better but how they got 9s from judges beats me..But much improved than last week...What is up with this girl's hair? Gosh she is trying her hardest to be unique eh πŸ˜‰
Ravi Kissanwa babu who I was impressed with and loved...His footwork was not so great but he was a fab partner to his pro dancer...With lifts and expressions he did good..Performance was nice, and enjoyable...Nothing OTT with his hyperness.
Over all Isha-Salman and Darsheel-Avneet my favs this wk too..
Remo was better in judgments than the other two so called judges..
BTW today I liked how all dancers wore shoes which is right with most western-latin dancing..And there really was no need for lipsync but was nice..
Here is a clip with Minaxi Sheshadri doing Taandav nritya in "Damini"...I am still looking for Kamal Hassan's dance from Ek duje ke liye..
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7YUGTXsKJY[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by Dabulls23 - 12 years ago