Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*mittu* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
This Saturday much much better than the disastrous last week. Nice episode. This week the main complaint I have is abt the camera work. Too much close up shots. Couldn't see foot work properly.

Gurmeet / Shampa - Now this is what is known as clever choreography. Really smart from Shampa. Vast improvement from last week. There was little to no rumba in the act. Practically no hip movements.This act was full of postures and lifts which Gurmeet did well but in between there was no connection. He was walking as if in a park and before every lift you can see him bracing himself clearly on his face. Shampa's choreography actually covered his flaws this week but if and when he has to do samba or salsa his flaws are going to come back.

The marks were a bit high in my opinion as they are judjing the celebrity who did not do much dancing. but full marks for improvement.

Giaa / Nishanth - The choreography was good. Has lots of dance. Even though Giaa is small her foot steps feel very heavy thus making the act not pleasing enough. She needs to be more nimble with her feet. Maybe more hip movements will help. All in all not bad. Deserved more than what she got. Loved her energy. As she said she is improving bit by bit.

Bharti / Savio - Bharti was good. Very good. Here my complaint is with camera work. So much close up shots of Bharti alone. Couldnt see if she was in sync with Savio. What I saw I liked. I have not much idea abt Laavni.

Shibani / Punit - Was very good. The best performance of the day. They had connection and dancing. She did well. I really wish they had more complicated footwork. Shibani could do it.

Sushi / Alisha - SalaasaπŸ˜†. He is endearing. But he cant dance. He was like charlie chaplin trying to dance. My main worry is he is going to go long way even with bad dancing and good dancers are going to get voted out before him. He was not even in bottom 3 this week. He does have fans.

Madhuri is annoying me day after day. She has nothing creative to offer. She is acting dumb. Karan atleast has something different to say for each performance.

What happened to Ragini? she is not shining here at all. All she does is the Gurmeet hero comment. Where has all that personality gone?

NoComments thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
June 30th Performances:
GC / Shampa - Intelligent coreography, but very little Rumba.. GC has improved from last week, but still has thousands of miles to go to justify his top votes! I have one basic question, what is it with Shampa's costumes? They just look yeeks!
Gia / Nishant - I love Samba as a dance form, and frankly I would like to see that with a westernized song and not Jai Jai Shiv Shankar... Gia covers up a lot with her cuteness factor, but she is yet to impress me
Archana / Sanam - Weakest of the lot... No more comments... But yes, lovely attire for Archana
Bhaarti / Savio - Bharti is a super entertainment package and she really suprised me with her first act.. She has not been able to match up to that.. Lavni is so high on energy and Bhaarti lost in midway.. Her steps were repetitive as well
Shibani / Puneet - The best performance of the day.. She is very graceful (like Pratyusha) and I was honestly dissapointed to see her in bottom 3. I would have loved to see some more Tango steps in there...
Sushil / Alisha - Beyond any comments... That was nightmare in the name of Salsa!!
Judges - Madhuri is dissapointing with her drama, her scoring and very less comments on dance! Karan talks too much.. Remo is the only saving grace in the name of judging!
Anchors - Manish is OTT with some of his bad jokes but he is still a much better anchor of the two!
Today's episode - Chhota patakha Darsheel and Avneet are again going to be great from the promos... I am also looking forward to Pratyusha's and Isha's dancing...
cs-07 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Having watched SYTYCD.. JDJ and the rest are such horrid shows when ti comes to Rumba, pasadoble and the likes. I am sorry but Indian Actors, choreographers cannot do it justice.
redeye2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
And any guesses on why exactly the theme of this episode was called 'Dance Attack'? (Only serious answers allowed! 😊)

And it was sort of weird - there was Latin/Cuban/ballroom dances and then there was laavani?!?

OK, I don't know what styles other competitors are adopting, but I am not sure what that theme is supposed to mean...
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@Red: My best guess is that the dancing was supposed to be asserive and explicit, and maybe encourage contestants and choreographers to be on the offensive rather than play it safe? Really, I think it was a catchy name to avoid having to come up with a real theme so early in the competition and just hand out dance forms that seemed "fun" for each of the contestants.

That being said, I can see Shibani's dance adhering to the theme as she really did attack her partner through dance in the sequence. In any case, the choreographers didn't take the theme too literally, and neither, it seems, did the judges.πŸ˜•
redeye2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@Sam...

You are right. I think they wanted to convey that the actual competition had begun in earnest, and to bring on their best game, etc. etc. The theme did turn out to be a misnomer since the contestants far from being in the required aggressive mode, were actually a bit tentative.

But, they certainly upped their seriousness level, but I guess that'll increase in the coming weeks after the really bad ones drop out (or so I hope)

And the judges have no clue what they are about...they need to put their heads together and decide on some ground rules at least at this point, instead of watching the show like the rest of the audience.

LOL about Shibani...

stardust2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
wonder if my patience to type is going to match up to my thoughts... 😊

Judges:
Karan: needs to stop match making and "sexy"ing up the couples. Spare the kids if not anything else. Darsheel as such is under an impression that he is "MAN" already. lol

Madhuri: Hardly any technical details. She seems to pe the moral support for contestants, all goodies goodies.

Remo: He is being the Terence of JDJ...noting down points and good-bad points. However, what he is missing is consistency. He does not score everyone on same level. How else would have Ravi Kissen got 9 for his Tango.
NoComments thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I am frustrated with Judges scoing this season - especially Madhuri and Karan...
Darsheet and Avneet were fantastic today - and they got 26! Same as GC-Shampa and Lower than Bhaarti-Savio!!
Jayati and Diwakar were fierce with their Taandav and just managed a 25! Lower than the over-scored GC-Shampa and Bhaarti-Savio again!
Ravi Kisan managed a 27!!! Why and how!!
Pratyusha and Dipak gave another very graceful performance and again were the most unfortunate of the lot and got only 24!!!
What are the judges really up to! Can they be more fair and square please?
Also - Why cant they actually lock all their scores at the same time and reveal gradually... Karan's scores are like a carbon copy of Madhuri! Why is he there as a separate judge then?
stardust2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Anchors:
Raagini: is LOST!!! If she is missing in an episode, I'm sure nobody would notice.πŸ˜‰

Manish: is over the top at ties but is better than Raagini. Manish needs to learn calm down a lil. His jokes get on nerves at times.

Choreographers:
1) Sanam does not even deserve to be in the audience...he is that bad...😑
spoiling whatever little chances Archana had... lol

2) Divakar's choreo was smart. He knew the Strengths & Weakness of his partner and utilized to the best.

3) Salman is lucky since he already has a dancer partner who is fit and flexible. All he needs to do is teach her the dance form unlike others who have to work on the bodies, flexibility, stage presence and confidence. Would hv been funt o see what salman would hv done with Jayati & Bharathi.πŸ‘πŸΌ

4) Deepak: For some reason Deepak has been my fav choreo in all of the JDJ seasons. He lets his partner shine, that's what i like the most.

5) Savio: He too is a smart choreo but have not seen that "Spark" in any of his performances yet in this season.

6) Jayasurya' partner(forgot her name): SHe is trying her best I feel. Can't blame her since her partner is such weak dancer that she hardly gets to try anything new.

7) Alisha: She is comes up with intelligent song choices and steps and adds that spunk through her performance where her partner falls short.

8) Puneet: So far he has been okay but this guy certainly has talent, got a jhalak of that this week. I like this jodi, they have potential.

9) Jai: AWESOME! That'sit. 😎
Avneet is better than Darsheel...

10) Shampa: We all know what she is capable of, we have seen last season, haven't we? But with GC, she has not yet been able to extract performance. But GC is gonna stay here for long(thnx to his fans), let's see how they continue.

11) Nishant: just an okay choreo. His routines are little untidy and lack clarity and spark. he should step up so that Gia gets her chance. Gia has the ability.

12) Ravis' choreo: she is one of the choreo who has not left any mark yet.

Based on the routine this week, below are the top 3 performances from choreography perse:
1) Salman
2) Puneet
3) Jai

JaZzs thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
i found shibani's dance a bit obscene...(sorry ,no offence to her fans)