Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-brokensoul- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
My first post on this forum

Actually was scared of this forum cos of so much going on and I found this thread. So thought it will be safe here to comment.

Has been following Jhalak from the first season. But so far I am not impressed at all with this season. The performance are not up to the mark this time. Contestants are promoted for other things more than the dance. Also when they come here with their real identity I don't understand why they have been pormoted with their onscreen character like Maataji for Jayati, Bahu for Gia and Beti for Pratyusha and so on.

Manish's anchoring was awesome. Ragini could not match up with him at all. Would prefer someone who are close to anchoring with Manish if not equal. Someone like Mona.

Madhuri was more into drama this season. Something I don't like. Remo was best judge. Karan is over excited.

Mostly from the opening till now, more than dancing there was drama.

I am not a dancer nor I have any knowledge. Just commenting as a neutral viewer.

Tonight's performance.

GC - Shampa was awesome tonight. Gurmeet was ofcourse better than the last 2 performance. But I still don't see much dancing from his side other than lifting and expressions. He still needs to loosen up a lot. But tonight he seems to be confident and nervousness was less maybe because he was good at these kind of romantic hot dances. But personally I don't think that performance deserves a 26. Because contestant were not doing much dancing.

Gia - She was good compared with the past 2 performances. I think she s going the right way. Slowly improving. As remo said her hip movement has to be improved. But there were lot of dancing in the performance from both. So the points given were I believe less. She deserve a 25 or 26. Comparing with Gurmeet Shampa performance, Gia & nishant was much better. So her points should be higher in my opinion.

Bharti - She was awesome. She is the surprise package. She was entertaining with her jokes. well if she was not in this competition this year it would have been really boring with the dances they have shown so far. in the competition. Well deserved marks.

Archana - I think she is the weakest after Talat or equal to him and Sanam was the weakest choreo. They should be eliminated next. I don't think they have performed to the level of 20 point. This time judges are not going below 20 is a surprise. Why I don't know. Even for the worst performances they are giving atleast 20, like last week they have given for very weak performances 22.

Shibani - I loved this performance. Shibani was very graceful and her expressions was also fab. With right amount of dancing well deserved 27.

Sushil - I don't know what to say about him.

Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Today was the first episode I watched all the way through and happily so I thought I would write about it. It feels like now the competition has actually started and the contestants and choreographers have sort of fallen into a comfort zone and started giving their best to the performances. The judging as usual was all over the place which continues to be confusing and disappointing. πŸ˜•

GC - I could see here that he and Shampa have reached a comfort level by now that I didn't see before. Even though the act had some technical issues, and GC continues to be a bit stiff, there was huge improvement in the sense that both of them were in sync and involved in the piece. The lifts and turns were the best part and it was good to see Shampa's choreography shine by playing on her partner's strength. Good show. Marks were a little generous, I thought, but within reason.

By my experience in the dance world, boys always get grace marks because they are rarer. πŸ˜›

Gia - Her pluses were her energy, her expressions and her costume. That was an intelligently made costume because it highlighted the dance and covered up a lot of places where she was technically not quite there. It defined her turns and swung with the least of hip movements. Her act was a lot of fun and I think definitely deserved better than a 24. She deserved at least one nine, when comparing with the other performances.

Bharti - Highly over scored. Her enthusiasm and her expressions were great, as was the freedom which all the judges were praising to the skies but her lack of stamina really caught up with her in today's sequence. Lavani is not a dance that admits light movements. You have to throw your body into every little thrust, jump and step. She couldn't pull it off. I was really looking forward to her performance because I watched the episode after reading what happened and I expected more energy from her. Also (this is not dance related but I just have to throw it in there), the fat jokes courtesy Manish are getting really old and are awkward to watch. 🀒

Archana - She looked like she was just wandering around stage while her partner did all the work.

Shibani - Her score was totally deserved! This was a superb act and the whole thing had such a flow to it, as well as Shibani's strong and defined moves, her grace and her delicious attitude through out . This is a sequence I will definitely be watching again because it was perfectly choreographed and executed as close to flawlessly as is humanly possible! Two thumbs up! She was the only one who undoubtedly deserved her high score and I wouldn't have batted an eyelid if she got a 10 or two to boot!

Sushil - He's cute for trying so hard. 'A' for effort! πŸ˜ƒ

Preview: I was never too impressed by Isha in this competition. With her background, I expected a lot more, and what I saw in the preview makes me believe I may finally see it. Darsheel is a rockstar, no doubt.

Edited by Samanalyse - 12 years ago
yipee thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I finally watched an entire episode of Jhalak today without any interruption so thought of posting my views on itπŸ˜ƒ

Samana - Agree with you that the competition has finally started in a true sense, and hoping that the level of dancing only increases from now.

Coming to the performances -

Gurmeet/ Shampa - Firstly, I have to say that am a huge fan of Rumba dance style and I so wish to perform it some day somewhere...Gurmeet has definitely improved a lot but there is still scope for further improvements...I liked his body language today and also the fact that he is really working on the feedback given to him...there was more finesse in his movements...However, I found the chemistry missing in the act which is so important for a Rumba...And because the spark was missing the act didnt completely work for me and I found it over rated...My score - 7.5/10

Gia/ Nishant - I liked the spirit of their performance but honestly Gia wasnt there technically...She didnt do justice to Samba IMHO and I also found her to be heavy footed at a lot of places...I also feel Nishant can do a much better job as a choreographer, I actually wasnt too impressed with the act...But highlight of their performance was certainly Gia's expressions ...My score - 6.5/10

Bharti/ Savio - I was so excited for their performance because I absolutely love watching Laavni...No doubt they were good but I genuinely think they were over rated...Laavni requires so much energy and I dont think Bharti gave it all in the performance...That "pataka" factor of a laavni was missing , otherwise everything else was good. But I still think she is one of the better dancers on the show, so I still have hopes of seeing a great performance from her... My score - 8/10

Archana/ Sanam - OK without sounding harsh, I have to say it was a completely forgettable performance ...Sanam is definitely one of the weakest choreographers on the show and Archana seemed totally lost...Thank God Remo mentioned about her adjusting her hair as that was irritating me so much as well...either clip your hair or just let it fall on your face...My score - 4/10 and really am being generous here...

Shibani / Puneet - OMG that was so awesome and a complete surprise package for me today...Puneet is def a good dancer but Shibani really was superb...From body language to posture to expressions to finesse, she was excellent in all departments...Tango is def a tough dance form and she did full justice to the choreography...If Bharti got all 9s, then she def deserved all 10s...My score: 9/10

Sushil/ Alisha - OK Sushil completely made a salasa of Salsa todayπŸ˜† But I have to say that he has such an endearing personality and works so hard...and thats really a good thing but yes scoring is only for the performance so ...my score: 5/10

Looking forward to tomorrow's performances πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by yipee - 12 years ago
yipee thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Samanalyse

By my experience in the dance world, boys always get grace marks because they are rarer. πŸ˜›

This is so right Samana and actually annoys me πŸ˜‘πŸ˜†
DianaPrince thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
June 30, 2012

GC and Shampa: the feeling and intensity was there. The mood was correct for the performance.But more steps would have made it. GC is improving as the stiffness was almost disappeared. 8/10

Gia/Nishant: a surprise for me. Gia was good. i loved her performance. She needs to work a lot but she was bang on on expressions.She has a big potential as she is graceful.8.5/10

Archana/Sanam : this was by far their best performance. good attempt. and yes archana should have tied her hair. 7/10

Bharti/Savio; I love Bharti. Starting her footwork was very good.She has done the unexpected. She was tired but she pulled it ff amazingly. she rocked today. Savio made her dance and my eyes were only seeing her. 9/10

Shibani/Punit: i was amazed. Her lines were clear. the feeling, intensity were there. absolutely speechless. she an be a danger for others. 9/10

Sshil/Alisha: really liked it when Sushil accepted his marks and that he needs to work a lot to get into the competition. 6/10

i love Remo as a judge.
i think that karan should praise the dance also rather than sex appeal or the dance was sexy.
Talal aziz eviction was quite predictable.

Edited by Divya.n.t - 12 years ago
pippa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Some really nice performances tonight.

Can't comment in detail as I don't know much about dance.

But I did miss seeing that fabulous somersault lift of GC and Shampa they had shown in the promos.
Why did they change it in the last minute?

Wish Karan wouldn't harp so much on the word sexy.. it is getting repetitive and smacks of limited vocabulary which he definitely can't be accused of.

And Madhuri..why does she look so blank most of the time?

Also, it's high time they stopped typecasting the contestants...Bharathi is very sporting about her weight but that doesn't mean it has to be spoken about all the time.

Shocker of the day...they actually had a score card with number 6 on it!!
redeye2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

GC has improved, no doubt, but only a little. I felt It was more a clever presentation than his dance in particular. Shampa took some attention off of him both with her attire and performance. I had to force myself to watch Gurmeet. And some camera shots focused more on Shampa where Gurmeet was invisible on the screen. He showed more control than before but he certainly didn't deserve two 9s though. And as the competition heats up, the judges really need to go below 7's so there's more variability.

Gia deserved more that what she got, if we compare it with GC's performance. To be fair, both should have got only 24.

Shibani was the best of the lot. All the elements were right on .. the dance, the song choice, and her expressions. And she had the figure for it as well.

I missed Archana's dance by chance and Bharti's dance deliberately (as I caught up with a fantastic song performance on another channel). Sushil is there for purely entertainment value and which he's delivering on big time.

A few asides:

Comperes: Manish really needs to eliminate 'physical' jokes ' somebody's weight or another's baldness from his act. They are not funny, repeat, not funny. He can be spontaneously witty without having to resort to inappropriate jokes.

Ragini needs to get off the romance bus with GC. That's another thing that's getting tired. Engage them in a more personal way, please and not work off of their image alone.

Judges: I can't put a finger to what bothers me about Madhuri. Her scoring is clearly off. Last time, she said 'maar daala' to GC's performance and gave him a 7 (perhaps after hearing the other judges). But there's something artificial about her entire presence. I don't feel anything spontaneous about her. Talk about stiffness. And, I was laughing when she told Talat this.."what a honor..blah, bah...but unfortunately we have no control over the crowd voting..." I was going like, if you did, would you have had Talat stay? The constant deifying of her by the comperes, contestants, co-judges is putting me off, I think.

Remo and Karan are relatively OK.

I can't wait to watch Isha and Darsheel. I feel there's least fuss about them, yet they rock the stage every time.

Edited by redeye2012 - 12 years ago
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Gurmeet-Shampa: How can you do a Latin dance with little to no hip-movement...and that too a Rumba? πŸ€” I don't think Gurmeet ever shook his hips...and at some point, they were just plain walking :S They didn't even do the basic walk =/ The lifts were really nice though. Shampa dances beautifully of course, but I thought even her hip movement could have been better and she lost balance at one point. Gurmeet has improved. Of course his body is still stiff, especially the lower half and there's lots of room for improvement but much better than last week so that's good.
Gia-Nishant: She has improved also, but I thought the dance was too fast for her at times and she didn't finish her steps completely. She needs to work on her hip movements of course..technically it was not there. She had good energy though. I think she deserved the same marks as Gurmeet.
Archana-Sanam: I feel bad for her honestly at this point. Sanam himself can't dance properly toh woh use kya sikhayega? =/ Archana should have tied her hair. It was so distracting when she would move her hair..throughout the dance. The dance simply wasn't graceful and smooth enough for a fox trot nor were the psotures right.
Bharti-Savio: Great expressions, entertaining, but Bharti's energy dipped completely by the end though. But technically, Bharti did the most justice compared to the other 3 before her. Savio dances really well too :D Nicely choreographed :)
Shibani-Punit: Oh thank god for them. Shibani has imrpoved so much. I'm glad she didn't get eliminated. Their tango was very good (compared to the other's it was standing ovation worthy LOL), well-choreographed by Punit, nice lines, great expressions. I liked the song choice too. Shibani forgot a step. πŸ˜† But definitely performance of the day.
Sushil-Alisha: Oh dear. πŸ˜† Normally I think Sushil Kumar has fun while dancing, but I didn't see that as much today. Obviously salsa...toh hua nahin. He needs a lot of control and needs to tighten up. Technically toh this was a disaster. He's a very genuine, entertaining, likable, and positive guy though :) Choreography was basic and simple, but I don't think Alisha could do much either seeing Sushil is her partner. I still like him a lot, but he should definitely be in the bottom next week.
As always, marks hardly made any sense and besides Shibani, everyone was overscored. Because the judges were far too lenient the last 2 weeks, they have to overscore performances this week to show that the contestant has improved. Thank God for Remo waking up and realizing that numbers below 7 exist.
Isha Sharvani's preview looks awesome. I think I might FINALLY be truly impressed with her tomorrow. Plus Salman is a ballroom expert so that really should be amazing.
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Sushil Kumar's salasa πŸ˜†

Alisha: Seedhay kharay rahiye na

Sushil: kya karain aapka baal aaraha haina aankh mein

🀣🀣🀣
Sphallolalia thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
June 30, 2012

Gurmeet - Very little Rumba...missed the raw passion and sensuality. That aside, they performed to match the mood of the song - heaps of improvement!

Gia- Clever choreography and song choice ... what she lacked in technique, she covered up with the oh-so-cute-expressions.

Archana- Loved the costume and the colour on her, okay now that I got that out of way... ATROCIOUS performance! First Sanam has to learn Foxtrot, weak wobbly knees and horrible posture. They could have kept it basic, done away with some of the lifts/tricks and danced across the floor... and such poor body contact, at one point another person could have danced in the space between them!

Bharti- I am a sucker for Lavni, the minute the music is on, want to dance😳 She was good, but the timing was off at times and seemed like Savio 'over-danced'. Good effort though, poor thing was breathless...

Shibani- Good piece of choreography... superb lines and some good footwork too... only complain lack of downward leg pressure, which would have packed more power into her movements... But then,I am just nit-picking and enjoying the freedom this thread gives to write like an obnoxious little dance expert.πŸ˜‰

Sushil- SalasaπŸ˜†

Most of you have covered the scoring and sadly, the damage is done... the Judges started off horribly... and Madhuri is thriving on theatrics... Karan sounds over-sexed...and I hope they are paying Remo well for his expertiseπŸ˜‰

Edited by Madame_Trinkary - 12 years ago