Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chandaursitare thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I found it regressive in the fact that it was the women who had to be patient and just put up with everything. I could easily have understood it for one woman, but every single woman in the show had to do the same thing. How come in none of the couples, the man had the patience and took care of the wife? I didn't find Dur-e-Shahwar's character regressive because after everything, she wanted to stay with him so she did whatever she could to stay in that relationship, but they are basically telling women that this is how life is for a woman and if you want a happy marriage, then just put up with whatever the husband says...
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: chandaursitare

I found it regressive in the fact that it was the women who had to be patient and just put up with everything. I could easily have understood it for one woman, but every single woman in the show had to do the same thing. How come in none of the couples, the man had the patience and took care of the wife? I didn't find Dur-e-Shahwar's character regressive because after everything, she wanted to stay with him so she did whatever she could to stay in that relationship, but they are basically telling women that this is how life is for a woman and if you want a happy marriage, then just put up with whatever the husband says...

finally someone that thinks like me!
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
sabar ka phal meetha hota hai.. imtihaan to nahi..😆

I don't know if the show is regressive or realistic I just know that the show put me to sleep.. a very good sleep therapy.. Slow as hell.. Sanam Baloch with the same role for like the 50 th time.. Mikaal Zulfiqar who can't act to save his life.. I was so mad Nadia Jameel actually chose this as her come back vehicle.. she needs to do something better.. Nauman Eijaz wasted totally..

PS: I have not seen the show.. this is my analysis from like 5 episodes in total which I saw chalte phirte..

moral of the story: the show was extremely boring.. if you decide to sleep and can't please put the show on
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -ChillMahaul-

sabar ka phal meetha hota hai.. imtihaan to nahi..😆

I don't know if the show is regressive or realistic I just know that the show put me to sleep.. a very good sleep therapy.. Slow as hell.. Sanam Baloch with the same role for like the 50 th time.. Mikaal Zulfiqar who can't act to save his life.. I was so mad Nadia Jameel actually chose this as her come back vehicle.. she needs to do something better.. Nauman Eijaz wasted totally..

PS: I have not seen the show.. this is my analysis from like 5 episodes in total which I saw chalte phirte..

moral of the story: the show was extremely boring.. if you decide to sleep and can't please put the show on

Mikaal has improved tremendously as an actor. If you see his current work it's so much better than what he used to do a while back

Plus, he's working with the right people at the moment & that's a sign of him doing better with his drama choices.

I agree with the Sanam part though..I think Sanam needs to stop accepting such roles now. She's doing the same in Roshan Sitara now...she's wastingg time with such repetitive stuff.

Nadia Jamil was the best part about the drama in my opinion. Overall, people really liked this drama..so I think Nadia made a good choice. Her role was more entertaining than any other in the serial 😆
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nkapoor3

I never said that the show is not realistic, however there is nothing path-breaking or new about this show, would like to see a realistic show that does not promote stereotypes that is all, zaroori nahin hai ke joh realistic ho wohi right ho!

you're contradicting yourself here. 😆

the show is realistic whether or not you agree with what was showed is something else altogether.
cocojatti92 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Love Sanam Baloch but she needs to do more different shows.This show was slow...
I only saw it when it was about to end it
On YouTube , this made it fast very very fast
Nkapoor3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

you're contradicting yourself here. 😆

the show is realistic whether or not you agree with what was showed is something else altogether.

NO I AM NOT, READ FIRST
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nkapoor3

NO I AM NOT, READ FIRST

I think you need to chill with the caps first.

& yes, I read what you said the first time but interpreted it in another way.

also, there are plenty of other dramas out there that you may just happen to like & agree to...if you try searching you may just stumble upon one b/c it seems like Humsafar & Durre Shahwar are the only Pakistani dramas you've watched which is why I don't think you're quite understanding a writer like Umera Ahmed's perspective here.

Edited by starstruckk - 12 years ago
Nkapoor3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

I think you need to chill with the caps first.

& yes, I read what you said the first time but interpreted it in another way.

also, there are plenty of other dramas out there that you may just happen to like & agree to...if you try searching you may just stumble upon one b/c it seems like Humsafar & Durre Shahwar are the only Pakistani dramas you've watched which is why I don't think you're quite understanding a writer like Umera Ahmed's perspective here.

huh???? I do understand the POV, it is sexist! and it is not only me who thinks that way! it is time people stop promoting stereotypes! enough said