Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: Nkapoor3

why can't I question it?? I do not agree with this thought!

All right, then that's your choice and I have mine :) I was talking from a religous point of view tha there ar a few things we just can't question :)
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: OnlyHope

All right, then that's your choice and I have mine :) I was talking from a religous point of view tha there ar a few things we just can't question :)

huh what religious point of view??😕
InvisibleSmile thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
You are getting me wrong, I will agree the stereotype exists but i do not agree with your words. You are taking it in a negavtive light, or a step behind of what were should be. But its not, its makes us, who we are. We are women, our emotional needs and concerns towards our family rise above all. However if all you can see is, a women's bowed head as a sign of weakness, than i have nothing more to say you.
Edited by InvisibleSmile - 12 years ago
Nkapoor3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: InvisibleSmile

You are getting me wrong, I will agree the stereotype exists but i do not agree with your words. You are taking it in a negavtive light, or a step behind of what were should be. But its not, its makes us, who we are. We are women, our emotional needs and concerns towards our family rise above all. However if all you can see is, a women's bowed head as a sign of weakness, than i have nothing more to say you.

I do not see a woman's sacrifice as a sign of weakness, however all I am saying is that this show has nothing new to offer! and the thought that every man can be reformed through the woman's sacrifice is also wrong
InvisibleSmile thumbnail
If you say that, than every show is the same to same. Being a women is shown as their weakness, in all most all the shows i have seen. However, what was different here, was the realism, the depiction of the truth of our world today. And how a woman, in the real world would go about it, You might say it is regression, but its the simple, plain truth. We all dream about lashing out or standing up, but when it comes down to it, at the core of it, we want to be happy in our own lives. And we compromise, and even sacrifice, but its not our defeat, it is our step towards making right to the wrong. And Not every man, but a man can be reformed, through a woman's sacrifice. You are seeing our sacrifice's as a waste or our weakness at most, but they are not. Our ability to carry our loved's ones burden on our shoulder are greater than any strength.
Nkapoor3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: InvisibleSmile

If you say that, than every show is the same to same. Being a women is shown as their weakness, in all most all the shows i have seen. However, what was different here, was the realism, the depiction of the truth of our world today. And how a woman, in the real world would go about it, You might say it is regression, but its the simple, plain truth. We all dream about lashing out or standing up, but when it comes down to it, at the core of it, we want to be happy in our own lives. And we compromise, and even sacrifice, but its not our defeat, it is our step towards making right to the wrong. And Not every man, but a man can be reformed, through a woman's sacrifice. You are seeing our sacrifice's as a waste or our weakness at most, but they are not. Our ability to carry our loved's ones burden on our shoulder are greater than any strength.

what is so new about this show then?? I fail to see anything special about this show, to be very honest, it does not depict anything new, neither it is promoting a new food for thought
InvisibleSmile thumbnail
Well, thats fine you have your opinion and i have mines.
Edited by InvisibleSmile - 12 years ago
Oh God this discussion still isnt over 🤣
mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I loved the show because it was very much real..I can almost think of 5 women in my life who have gone through some what same instances but have lived a happy married life till today. I really dont think DS was showed to be weak if anything she was the stronger person as she was patient because she knew Sabr Ka Imtihaan Meetha Hota hai. And she did go on to have a happy married life with Mansoor. Besides DS wasnt living in the 21st century to lash out and stand up against her husband which in my opinion would've been the irrational thing to do. Neither was Mansoor an evil guy he just didnt know how to maintain a balance between his mother and wife which a guy in any arranged marriage circumstance will have to go through especially if hes a mama's boy. And to me the show wasnt pointless because it did teach me that we need the same patience and courage that our grandmothers and mothers had because it is easier today to dessert a marriage and part ways but harder to work on one and i wasn't taught to ever take the easy way out :)
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
I never said that the show is not realistic, however there is nothing path-breaking or new about this show, would like to see a realistic show that does not promote stereotypes that is all, zaroori nahin hai ke joh realistic ho wohi right ho!
Edited by Nkapoor3 - 12 years ago