Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: _QueenofHearts_

Who said every man is a jackass? Some are though, so we must be prepared right?

What about the women that want to save their relationship or have no other choice? What are they supposed to do?

what do u mean what about that woman that have no choice?? yaar yahin tau mein kari hoon! this show is showing women need to stay with their husbands
Edited by Nkapoor3 - 12 years ago
Problems har married life mein aati hain yaar, so many people face trouble with their in laws. They dont just walk away from the marriage. If that started happening what would the world come to? 😆
Nkapoor3 thumbnail

Problems har married life mein aati hain yaar, so many people face trouble with their in laws. They dont just walk away from the marriage. If that started happening what would the world come to? 😆

I am not saying that! however watch shows like satyamev jayate and u'll understand that not every marriage can work due to the sacrifice of women! and who is to say men cannot sacrifice stuff?? it is regressive thinking, end of story
Men can sacrifice. In this drama, they were stupid and immature. Simple. Jo aqalmand ho wo dekh ke samajh jayega! :D
Nkapoor3 thumbnail

Men can sacrifice. In this drama, they were stupid and immature. Simple. Jo aqalmand ho wo dekh ke samajh jayega! :D

ok then lets just agree to disagree..I feel the message of women being the only one to sacrifice is wrong..however u feel that it was well suited to the story...fair enough
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

The message was NOT that women should sacrifice and men can rule..it was far greater than just that..and that's only for people who easily start defending themselves because they "feel" inferior to men. Umera Ahmed's novels are globally read and appreciated/liked, her message always has to do with more than just the usual love story with a happily ever after. She makes you think of your actual life and most of all, brings you so much closer to your religion in a very subtle way (which is why I love her writing).

The message of the show was to continue to try making a "home" with your "family".
Also, excuse me here if you would please, but women usually DO have to sacrifice. Not saying men will NOT, but in majority, it's women...because men just naturally aren't made for that...again, you can't question this..it's how we're born..it's an internal trait Allah has given us. and can't call it regressive because these things MAKE homes all around the world. This way, marriages remain intact..it's not false hopes...rather, preparing a girl for what she might have to face ahead in life and patience is THE key.
wah wahhh!
Fari, chaa gayi tum :P
Nkapoor3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: OnlyHope

The message was NOT that women should sacrifice and men can rule..it was far greater than just that..and that's only for people who easily start defending themselves because they "feel" inferior to men. Umera Ahmed's novels are globally read and appreciated/liked, her message always has to do with more than just the usual love story with a happily ever after. She makes you think of your actual life and most of all, brings you so much closer to your religion in a very subtle way (which is why I love her writing).

The message of the show was to continue to try making a "home" with your "family".
Also, excuse me here if you would please, but women usually DO have to sacrifice. Not saying men will NOT, but in majority, it's women...because men just naturally aren't made for that...again, you can't question this..it's how we're born..it's an internal trait Allah has given us. and can't call it regressive because these things MAKE homes all around the world. This way, marriages remain intact..it's not false hopes...rather, preparing a girl for what she might have to face ahead in life and patience is THE key.

why can't I question it?? I do not agree with this thought!
InvisibleSmile thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: OnlyHope

Fari, aap toh bas cha gaye :D

And i would like to add, this in here is our strength, our ability to give and sacrifice. It signifies a emotional manifestation of a woman's silent intent, to bear the burdens of their beloveds, to keep as one.A man maybe be able to build a fort, but its the women who keeps strong and united...

So don't think just because we stay inside the house and bear the brunt, we are regressing. It is rather our greatness lies in our ability to take the darkest of storms with the calmest of smiles. Because at the end of the day, we need to survive, live in a society, which is smothered by cultural and societal norms. If every women, started leaving their in - laws house, at every little fight, than where would be be? So i think, you should see the message as a surge of confidence, in womanhood, rather than name it oppression.
Edited by InvisibleSmile - 12 years ago
Nkapoor3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: InvisibleSmile

Fari, aap toh bas cha gaye :D

And i would like to add, this in here is our strength, our ability to give and sacrifice. It signifies a emotional manifestation of a woman's silent intent, to bear the burdens of their beloveds, to keep as one.A man maybe be able to build a fort, but its the women who keeps strong and united...

So don't think just because we stay inside the house and bear the brunt, we are regressing. It is rather our greatness lies in our ability to take the darkest of storms with the calmest of smiles. Because at the end of the day, we need to survive, live in a society, which is smothered by cultural and societal norms. If every women, started leaving their in - laws house, at every little fight, than where would be be? So i think, you should see the message as a surge of confidence, in womanhood, rather than name it oppression.

so basically all of u r proving me right, I am right in saying that this show is promoting stereotypes