Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mirka88 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Wow! Its a pity I came across this story NOW almost 2 months after you finished it..but thank god I did. It is in one word BRILLIANT. I personally don't understand politics at all, I tried to in your story. What captivated me was the depth of the characters and their unconventional relationships.

I think your ending here on IF was perfect for your story. But I am a sucker for sappy, happy endings..wanting to believe everything becomes okay at the end, so I'm going to read the epilogue now.

It was wonderful reading this story! It will be in memory as one of the best stories I have read.
nermic thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I ll tell you my story with your story from the beg. When I read the first few chapters I was a bit uncomfortable with shayam and khushi and arnav letting them be. But then I read more abd I got really hooked. Liked tour take on characters. And you were right the ending on your blog is too sweet!fir me it ended before the epilogue
You ate a very good writer. Really really enjoyed it. X
Sarina2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I finished this one faster.. Lol!

I m not too much into politics but I could understand this. It reaked of how politics is dirty even behind a nice politician. It sucks big time. While I was a lil disgusted with Arnav in te beginning, I think I was utterly turned off by him towards the end. He surely had no spine and allowing khushi to use herself was sickening!

Payal turned out a smart ass.. Have to give it to her. Her check mate to aakash was brilliant and grin worthy. NK remained a loyal friend to the end which is rare yet present. Sad that shashi could not see the pain her daughter was going thru.

Felt for Anjali and the conversation in the restroom was a lil suspicious of her knowledge. Am glad she made the smart choice.

Shyam... No comments..
But the whole story was like a chess game.. Calculated movements and checkmates! Brilliant!

Aman and La were too cute!
nomad.ness thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Oh my my.
You're an exceptional writer!
I could feel the pain of Khushi, and Arnav to some level. Although, I really just wished that he would grow a pair and stand up for Khushi. She practically sacrificed her life for her loved ones.
The hotel scene where Arnav came for the last "goodbye" was so heartbreaking. :'( I was just hoping Arnav would somehow stay back and come back to Khushi!
Also, the divorce scene... I think I was about to shed a tear or two while they both were crying as well :'(

I read the original ending you wrote, and it was so sad (Although, loved the part when Khushi said "i love you but I love Yamir more.") So, I was so happy to see that you actually wrote an alternative ending: "sickeningly happy ending." And I agree, it was sickeningly too good to be true, but it made me happy at last.

I think I am still sort of confused as to why Khushi married Arnav in the first place... was it that Arnav was going to destroy her uncle... So, to stop that, she married him..?:-/

Anyhow, I just have to say again you're such an amazing writer. Please continue writing! I am also reading your other continuing FF's like Tainted, Cafe du Soleil, The Svengali etc.
If you have any more work of fiction, please do share.
Edited by atownsuga - 11 years ago
SS88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Brilliant piece of writing! I wish that a day will come when we are shown something like this on Indian TV. But I might have great grandkids by then :/ The last time I watched something that was this gripping was Rann. IDK if you ve watched the movie, but to me it was Amitabh Bacchan's best movie ever. I d strongly recommend it.

P.S. Just read the epilogue and came back. I LOVE happy endings. I dont care that they re unreal and it doesnt happen in real life. actually that's precisely the point. Because it doesnt happen in real life, it should happen SOMEWHERE . A big thank you to your friend Liya, thanks to her , I 'll not drown in my tears tonight.
PPS - When I first read the part about Payal going back to Akaash, I was like WTH woman, even if he's hot what are you doing? By the time she reached Arnav's I had a whole new respect for her. Damn. That's what elder sisters are supposed to be like. Not the waterwork factories that we see in the show 👏 Good job!!
Edited by SS88 - 11 years ago
Mahrin17478 thumbnail
Hey i just found out ur ff and was reading it till i got nothing but preview on IF...you mentioned to go to wordpress but i guess i need you to permit me to access you blog...or may be not...i'm not good at all this but i really wanna read this ff...😔
starzyasha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for the update and the link... :)
nyxx thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
...thorughly intoxicated I am after reading this..
better late than never, but i am glad to have found this tale...you have weaved it brilliantly! The dynamics of politics, and its effect on relationships, and individuals...the magnitude of it all has been depicted with perfection...I wish I had been part of this journey while you were writing it, but will surely join in on Tainted now :)
...oh btw special mention to the gripping, intriguing factor in your words..you play with them so well..right from chapter 1 to the end..just like most I also thought that Khushi was out having an affair with arnav, but bam it was shyam...and then, what she shared with arnav, payal, and aman...brilliant...and then, their son, salute to him for standing for his mother and giving it back to his father, who I still hoped had understood the plight of his wife, and not left her at that point...and he did because he didnt love her enough...and now khushi loves her son more...poetic and so ironic ;)
brilliant again! it was a great read!!
tanvigarg02 thumbnail
Hey came to know abt ur FF through some recommendation list...

Read in one go...Its an amazing piece of work...I just loved this FF..
Loved how u portrayed politics...The line "dont love you enough" seriously had high impact...loved the way you end...and also epilogue (always for happy ending)

u r an outstanding writer...keep writing..will read ur other works also

BARUN-myladdu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
hun i m nt able to access ur blog...hlp plz...