sree thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 19 years ago

Dear All

You might have read yesterday's episode where Anand gives his piece of advice to Sia. I was in a hurry yesterday to type the update fast and post it as i was otherwise busy with some work...

After seeing that, i just wanted to bring to notice the way in which Abhi's character has progressed as this serial has moved!!!!

Let me start like this...I agree that Abhi was very immature, did not understand the intricacies of love when he got married to Simran. When Simran got pregnant, Abhi wanted her to get it aborted as he was not ready for a child yet. Simran tried to tell him that though he is young, she is getting old and if she gets the kid aborted this time, then she might not be able to conceive again. But Abhi did not understand that....He was uncomfortable that he could not spend time with his wife more as she was pregnant. He wanted to enjoy life with his wife. But as Simran was pregnant and working, she could not give the happiness Abhi wanted. Simran was very careful with her pregnancy. This created a turmoil in Abhi's life.

He then found Kiran with whom he could share the bed. He was happy with her. Slowly, he developed an affair with Kiran which ultimately lead to the breakup of his marriage with Simran.

He then married Kiran. Meanwhile, Simran gave birth to Astha. When Kiran ditched Abhi for another wealthy person, he realised his mistake. He began to think about the hard times he had given Simran in life. This was his first stage of trying to get mature.

He then got divorced to Simran. He remained friendly with her this showed how mature and considerate Simran was. He slowly realised her worth and what he has lost in life by leaving her. He was drawn towards AStha and regularly visited her. He got so very attached to AStha that one day, in a drunk state, he eloped with AStha and spent a whole night with the kid in a hotel. The next moring, when he got to his senses, he realised that he made a big blunder, came back to Simran and tried to apologise. Here, Simran gets wild and shouts at him. Abhi realises that he is a good for nothing and just moves away from them.

He settles in Nasik and tries to forget his sorrow and starts to pen down his feelings. He is very successful in doing that bcos he has understood the bitter lesson his immaturity had given him. There, he meets Neha. Poonam's incident brings out the writer in him and he, with the help of his thoughts and pen, wins the case for Poonam. He comes back to Mumbai in the process. He is a changed man.

All notice his change. Simran too realises the change in him. Abhi , having understood what Simran meant to him, wishes to get married to her again. He expresses this desire to Simran. But before Simran actually Starts thinking about Abhi, fate takes a turn. Neha is desperately in love with Abhi. Simran notices this. At this point of life, Simran feels she marrying Abhi again and trying to rekindle their lost love is not the best solution. Instead, it will be better if Abhi marries the girl who loves her a lot. She is instrumental in getting them married.

I know, at this point many questions will be raised, asto why Abhi did not show his maturity and think twice before marrying Neha. After all, he knew that he could not forget Simran. So, he could have thought for a second about Neha's future.

Yes, I do agree with this. But, sometimes, even though we want to do something, we are not able to do it. This does not mean we are not mature or capable enough in doing it. One should understand that we are all puppets in the hands of Destiny. So, even though we wish to do something, and fate has something else in store for us, it happens at any cost. So, in defence to this, I can say only this. Even though, Abhi loved Simran, Simran's decision not marry him again, left Abhi to think more. He then believed if he cannot keep Simran happy by marrying her, he can atleast respect her sentiments and marry Neha. He married Neha. To tell you all, Abhi was not a bad husband to Neha. Abhi's and Simran's care for each other resulted in both taking the other's help when in need. This was the catch point where Neha misunderstood the situation. We have already discussed about this issue many a times in this forum. So, i do not want to stress more on this subject.

The only mistake Abhi made after marrying Neha was that, he misjudged the limits of being Simran's friend. He could not realise that he was treading a bit far from the usual line drawn between Friendship and Love. Neha got suspicious and many worse things followed. Ultimately, Neha died giving her new born to Simran.

Then when he was on the verge of marrying Simran again, fate played a very cruel role when he found Neha's diary in which she had put in words and expressions the pain and agony she went thro' bcos of Abhi's closeness with Simran. This gave Abhi a shocker. He now wanted to be loyal to Neha, did not want to marry Simran. But he could not come to Simran and explain things to her as he knew that this situation will bring more sorrow and agony to Simran. So he quietly moved away writing a letter to Simran.

Now, coming to the portion after the leap. This is the best possible phase of Abhi's life, though he is away from his family. He now knows that he has committed many unpardonable mistakes in life. Bcos of these blunders, life for him has become like Dust. He tries to see faces in this, but he cannot. He is overcome with guilt. He is responsible for the misery of many. Neha died with the very thought that Abhi cared more for Simran. He left Simran twice, once due to his immaturity and then due to his loyalty to Neha. He knows he is answerable to Simran in life. He realises how much Simran would have missed him during the upbringing of Gudiya. He is answerable to his parents who are waiting with bathed breath to see him once more before their life comes to an end. He knows all this.

He writes from what life has thought him. The talk he had with Sia in yesterday's episode was clear fact that He is now very mature. Life for him, has gone a full circle, he has got to know much more in depth from the mistakes he committed.

He now knows that Sia has developed some sort of liking to him. He wants to tell that this is just infatuation. But he does not want to tell it openly as he knows in that particular age, Sia will not understand anything if he scolds her or condemns her actions. So, he tells her that in life, we meet different sets of people. One set are friends. The other set, people who one wishes not to see again in life. But there might be some people in life who are very close to them. One develops a feeling of closeness and togetherness with some people. But this is not love. The feeling of Love is something different. Love appears to be very simple, but it is really complex. It is tender, but very strong from within. The closeness with a person cannot be linked to love. THese are very nice words. This shows that Abhi has understood life, though late.

Ya, you might ask me why so late? In this world, some people get mature at an early stage. Some do not get this even when they get to their thirties. Abhi belongs to the second category. As there is a saying, "Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from sufficient premises" , Abhi was late to learn it. But now, he has learnt that the problems in life are only there to make a man stronger.

I now bet that Astitva is going on correct lines. After seeing yesterday's episode, I got so impressed with Abhi's character. His is a clear case of a person learning to live. He is slow in learning what life is, but ultimately makes it. Abhi is now a very mature person. This is revealed in the way in which he handles Sia. If he had screamed at her and said this was wrong, then he would have got immature shades again as that would not be a solution to Sia's problem. He handled the situation with great dignity and subtelity. I am now 100% sure that the story will not move towards Abhi loving Sia. He has grown really mature to consider that thought.

It is just that he is being drawn close to Sia. This is bcos of their blood relationship. But, at this point of time, this is not known. So, Abhi, being the elder one and a more mature thinking person, can understand that this sudden closeness is brought about bcos he sees something in Sia which is close to his heart. He can understand this and is mature enough to say that this is friendship and nothing else. But in the case of Sia, she is still a small girl, not knows what love is. So she cannot distinguish between love and this relationship. She was always in awe with this writer. When she sees him, she is drawn towards him more again bcos of their real relationship. But, in a tender age that she is in, she does not understand that this is not love. This is something else. She feels she is in love with Abhi. This is natural for any girl in her place.

This is a very delicate issue. But i have been seeing the way in which this serial has progressed. Now, i have come to the point where i think this complication is going to be handled trmendously well by the director. Seeing Abhi's way of approaching this is a hint to what is going to come.

I just want to conclude saying that as of now, Abhi is a far more mature character than Simran. He was far behind Simran in this, when he met her for the first time. But as years progressed, he learnt from his mastakes and now he stands, tall and steady, for the man he is. He is a person with great thought. He writes his life in paper and wants people to read it. He knows there might be people like him, falling into a pit and thus making life miserable. He wants to give such people good thoughts so that the mistakes he committed are not carried over by any other.

So i end by saying that, I with full agreement say that Abhi, as a character needs great applause. The director who has shown the gradual rise in Abhi understanding what life is and what relationships are, need to be congratulated too....

Keep watching this serial as this is getting more and more interesting.

Friends, i know you all will have various views after reading this post of mine. Feel free to debate. WAiting for nice replies from you all.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Khushalay thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
sree_20 u r awesome in giving opinions abt someone.
innocentindian thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I agree with that what you have written is awesome sree....πŸ‘

My tuppence as follows...

Originally posted by: sree_20

He then found Kiran with whom he could share the bed. He was happy with her. Slowly, he developed an affair with Kiran which ultimately lead to the breakup of his marriage with Simran.

People haven't mentioned this, but what surprises me is why has simran not had the craving to share her bed with anyone in the last 20 years? It's quite astounding that anyone can restrain themselves this way, especially a modern woman like simran, regardless of how understanding she is....the only way anyone would even possible be able to do this is if they were very religious, and we haven't seen this in simran....perhaps some of the understandin ladies here can give some insight...

He settles in Nasik and tries to forget his sorrow and starts to pen down his feelings. He is very successful in doing that bcos he has understood the bitter lesson his immaturity had given him. There, he meets Neha. Poonam's incident brings out the writer in him and he, with the help of his thoughts and pen, wins the case for Poonam. He comes back to Mumbai in the process. He is a changed man.

Very true all this, but personally I think at this point Neha desrves a bit more credit in pushing Abhi to stay with Poonams case and see it through...It seems she helped to bring out the best in him...Anyone else agree? Sree, how about you?

All notice his change. Simran too realises the change in him. Abhi , having understood what Simran meant to him, wishes to get married to her again. He expresses this desire to Simran. But before Simran actually Starts thinking about Abhi, fate takes a turn. Neha is desperately in love with Abhi. Simran notices this. At this point of life, Simran feels she marrying Abhi again and trying to rekindle their lost love is not the best solution. Instead, it will be better if Abhi marries the girl who loves her a lot. She is instrumental in getting them married.

I feel this was a blunder by simran more than abhi...

This is a very delicate issue. But i have been seeing the way in which this serial has progressed. Now, i have come to the point where i think this complication is going to be handled trmendously well by the director. Seeing Abhi's way of approaching this is a hint to what is going to come.

Ok, so at least now we are more confident sree will not abandon the daily updates....πŸ‘

I just want to conclude saying that as of now, Abhi is a far more mature character than Simran. He was far behind Simran in this, when he met her for the first time. But as years progressed, he learnt from his mastakes and now he stands, tall and steady, for the man he is. He is a person with great thought. He writes his life in paper and wants people to read it. He knows there might be people like him, falling into a pit and thus making life miserable. He wants to give such people good thoughts so that the mistakes he committed are not carried over by any other.

So i end by saying that, I with full agreement say that Abhi, as a character needs great applause. The director who has shown the gradual rise in Abhi understanding what life is and what relationships are, need to be congratulated too....

Keep watching this serial as this is getting more and more interesting.

Friends, i know you all will have various views after reading this post of mine. Feel free to debate. WAiting for nice replies from you all.

Absolutely agree that abhi is now more mature and understanding than simran...and also that the serial is getting more interesting....

I remember when Neha and her mum were initially introduced to us I was not enjoying watching, but the way the director/writers then portrayed them in the story proved that the initial introductions were very important...and it was necessary for it to then become more interesting...same thing seems to be happening here...interest was waning, but is getting better now...

peaches thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Sree.....this was Brilliant! I can't describe to you how well you have stated the facts and your opinion. Your perspective on the show is amazing!!!! BRAVO!!!!!

Your analysis of Abhi is just perfect and accurate. I haven't seen the shows that are ahead of the US, but I'm sure it's just his way you have described them.

You have definitely convinced me that I was right in my thinking. This is may not be a negative aspect in the show. I thank you for taking the opportunity to put out this new perspective and your views on the show, so the rest can understand the situation and clear any misconceptions we may have on it.

I always believed that this show is worth giving a try regardless of this new story line since the director has handled everything else with so much care and maturity.

The only thing I want to add to this is that your analysis of SIA was on point as well. In addition, we have yet to see and understand what her situation has been. Her childhood may have a few clues that upon being unlocked, may explain or justify the reasons for her feelings towards Abhi. But u actually summed it up pretty well by saying that at her age, people are really confused, as Abhi had been many times in the past.

Again....it was a pleasure reading your posts and I'm so grateful you took the time out to shed a new light!!!!!. Thanks

Peaches

lakshmi_maruthi thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

hey,

Good analysis everyone.. Good topic Sree. I have always felt that Abhi was a very difficult character to understand and he is just like any of us. I have always admired his character and all credit to Varun for playing it so well.

I do agree that Abhi marrying Neha was a mistake on Simran's part but having said that, Abhi couldn't convey his love for Neha or Simran to either properly and I feel many people in real life are like him. I like this serial very much and even though I do not watch it, it is your updates that keep me posted. It is a very interesting mode right now and I am waiting to see how the director will handle this. But Kuddos to the director for even trying to approach such a subject. Great Job!!!

rat718 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Great analysis guys. However, I stil can not conclude that Abhi is a matured man. I would like to see more concrete evidence, like he talking sense to Sia, and not deciding to have a improper relationship with her. I have seen too much immaturity with this character to beleive that he will not have a affair with a 18 year old. I really hope that that you guys are RIGHT! 😊
fingirl thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i agree with you rat718..i would need more evidence although everyone has made some excellent points in the earlier posts...how he handles Sia would definitely prove the maturity this character had developed..BTW Sree and the others i am amazed at your analysis..incredible character analysisπŸ‘ ..you guys should become critic writers..you would earn fame πŸ˜‰
sukh thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
wonderfull analysis sree, it was wonderful............πŸ‘
krangara thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
How is Abhi more mature than Simran? :)