Word Count: 0

-purnima- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

-purnima- thumbnail
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/130227/entertainment-bollywood/article/prachi-gets-gorgeous

Prachi Desai has always been known as the sweet and simple girl-next-door, but for her upcoming film I, Me Aur Main, the actress has had a glam makeover and is extremely pleased with the response.

Prachi was specifically styled in a glamorous way for the song Na Jaane Kahaan Se in the film.

"Initially, another song was planned with just John and me. Then the team bagged the rights to Na Jaane Kahaan Se, and we decided it fits John's character perfectly, as he has many girls falling for him in the film. It was my idea to have one look inspired by Beyonce and a waitress look inspired by Katy Perry. The reactions to my look have been fantastic. I love dancing and our choreographer Ahmed gave us these sexy dance moves, which I got to do for the first time," says Prachi.

I, Me Aur Main was in the news for some controversial dialogues that were changed so that the film's promos on television could get a "U" rating. Prachi says she found the issue hilarious. "In one scene, I tell John that I won't sleep with him just because I'm his friend. The word 'sleep' was changed to 'stay' for the television promos, but in the movie nothing has changed. I find the issue laughable, it doesn't make any sense. However, the censor board knows best. I'm just happy the flow of the movie hasn't been tampered with," she says.

Prachi's character in the movie is called Gauri Dandekar, and the actress says the role has been a fun one to depict: "Gauri is a livewire and free spirited. She's in the profession that she loves, which is hairstyling, just like I'm doing something that I love in real life. I relate to her as she is upfront. I'm like that too, with friends in real life."

Playing a Maharashtrian girl onscreen was a breeze for Prachi, but can she speak Marathi in real life? "Throughout the film, I don't speak any Marathi but in real life, I am okay with the language. I grew up in Panchgani so I can get my message across in Marathi," she says.

On the personal front, the actress says she's single, and she definitely wouldn't date someone like Ishaan Sabharwal, John's character in the film. The actress laughs, "No way, I would throw him out, he's too selfish. I feel men are like little children and take women in their life for granted be it their mum, girlfriend or teacher. The only time they are willing to change is when they are chasing a girl, that too, for a short span of time. In the movie, I am Ishaan's best friend. Even though he's self obsessed I'm the only one who believes he does not need to change."

-purnima- thumbnail

-purnima- thumbnail

Word Count: 1

-purnima- thumbnail