Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-prachid- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

😲😲Is Prachi Desai dating 'Bol Bachchan' director Rohit Shetty?

• PRACHI DESAI ROHIT SHETTY
  • JULY 24, 2012
  • BY: BILL BELEW

Get Top News alerts!

Advertisement

It was reported on July 23, 2012, that Bollywood actress Prachi Desai and "Bol Bachchan" director Rohit Shetty are dating.

Rumours linking Bollywood's next door girl Prachi Desai and "Bol Bachchan" director Rohit Shetty were floating for some time.

Reportedly, the actress and director came closer during the shooting of "Bol Bachchan" and since then they are going strong with their relationship much ahead than expected.

Grapevine is abuzz that Rohit has started living with Prachi leaving behind his wife and two children.

It all started on the sets of "Bol Bachchan". After the film shoot, Rohit would spent many hours with the actress. During Jaipur shooting, the director even took his actress for dinners. Their proximity stunned the unit members of "Bol Bachchan".

Rumoredly Rohit Shetty's married life is also not running smooth as he has problem with his wife for many years. Prachi had replaced Genelia D'Souza in "Bol Bachchan" after Genelia walked out.

Prachi who is calm and carries a tag of next door girl has been making quiet bold statements lately and also she is also looking glamorous now-a-days. She has chosen to be mum regarding the matter

---------------------------------------------------------

😲😲

-prachid- thumbnail
Edited by -prachid- - 12 years ago
-prachid- thumbnail
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VebyulYM1OM&feature=player_detailpage[/YOUTUBE]

OMGG i hope i can convince my sis to take me to this parade...guies pray for me ...this my chance to finally meet prachi ...*FINGERS CROSSED*
-purnima- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Prachi's image makeover

Actress Prachi Desai is all set to change her image in films. "I have I, Me Aur Main with John Abraham. I think my role in the film will surely change people's perception about me. Just wait and watch!" she said.

The actress is glad she teamed up with Ajay Devgn and director Rohit Shetty for her last film. About her experience of working with the duo, she said, "After doing this film, I realised how it feels to be a part of a big budget film."

A sequel of the flick Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai, in which Desai had played Emraan Hashmi's love interest, is in the pipeline, but will we get to see the actres in the second part as well? "The sequel will see the storyline take a 20-year leap, so none of the original star cast features in it. I think Akshay Kumar is playing the lead this time," she said. But Prachi seemed slightly iritated about being asked the question. "I don't understand why nobody asks Emraan or Kangana (Ranaut) about their presence in the sequel," she added.

Prachi's fallout with tele-queen Ekta Kapoor (when the actress quit her show Kasamh Se to sign Farhan Akhtar's Rock On) has been a much talked-about topic. But quiz her about it and you get a denial. "I think people have all the time in the world to talk about these issues. I am a huge fan of Ekta," she said. Well, we take your word for it, Prachi!

-purnima- thumbnail

From playing a shy, innocent lover of a gangster in Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai, to a feisty young lass in Bol Bachchan, Prachi Desai talks about charting her journey in Bollywood

What is the kind of response you have received for Bol Bachchan?

I have received an amazing response for my role as Radhika Raghuvanshi in Bol Bachchan. It was the first time that I played this young feisty girl and I thoroughly enjoyed doing it. I am glad that I was a part of this film. It was a wonderful experience as I got to do something really different.

Since this was your first comedy film, what was your reaction when you were approached for this project?

Comedy was not a problem as such. In fact, during the narration I wondered what my role would be with so many characters around. But when we actually started shooting, things became clear. Everything was smooth sailing once I understood and soaked in the ambience on the sets with all the actors involved in their character and while doing every single scene, we would have a jolly time.

Ajay Devgn's dialogues are really catchy, which one is your favourite?

There is a dialogue in the climax, where Abhishek Bachchan says 'Not fair, not fair' and in response, Ajay says, 'Aare, tu mujhe kaala bol raha hai'. (Laughs) I found that very hilarious. Almost all his dialogues in the film are funny and we would have a good laugh after each scene.

The film was touted to be a remake of yesteryear's Golmaal. How did you prepare yourself for the role?

Yes, that is what was being said. I have seen the original Golmaal a couple of times and it is a kind of a film that all cinema lovers tend to watch it at least once in a life time. Frankly speaking, Bol Bachchan is not like Golmaal at all. Many people could not find any similarity. Only one common factor between the two films is that, like in the original, one character plays a double role.

How was the experience working with a big starcast?

It was a fun team to be with. There was a lot of comraderie between Rohit Shetty and Abhishek Bachchan who are the best of buddies. Ajay Devgn seemed reserved, but please don't fall for his innocent look. He always had some prank up his sleeve which he executed with the help of Abhishek and Rohit. Initially Asin, I and other girls tried to be a gang of gal pals, but Abhishek saw to it that we interacted with everyone on the sets.

From your first film Rock On!!, till date you have always been a part of multi-starrers, when will we see you doing solo lead projects?

You should ask this question to the directors and the producers! After the film releases, I am applauded for my roles. I feel I have proved myself but people should show trust in me and give me opportunities. Maybe, I get limited roles since I am not from the industry. I am just hoping that things change in the near future

Any particular roles that you are looking forward to do?

From the kind of roles that I have done till date, people are under the impression that in real life too, I am the epitome of goodness. Now, I want to play characters true to myself. I am just like any young girl. I am naughty, I play pranks.

Why are you not a part of the sequels; Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai2 and Rock On 2?

Well, it was informed well in advance that the sequel to Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai will be made with a fresh star cast. So we were prepared for it. As for Rock On !!, there has been no official announcement as yet. Everybody related to the project is busy doing something else. Once the team is serious about making a sequel. I hope they consider me too.

What are your future projects?

You will see me opposite John Abraham in I Me Aur Main. It's taking some time to complete, but it is a very interesting film.

Again a multi-starrer film?

There are other actresses too, but I play a very interesting character

Edited by -purnima- - 12 years ago
-purnima- thumbnail

Coming full circle

?

Prachi Desai.

From being a small screen star to doing roles of substance in films…Prachi Desai's romance with the camera continues

At 24, Prachi Desai is one of those few actors who has tasted success in both the small and the big screen. Her transition from soaps to films did raise quite a few eyebrows but it did not take long for her to silence her critics. Armed with more than just a pretty smile and an ability to essay roles with ease, Prachi has found her niche in the film industry. With her latest release Bol Bachchan also doing well she talks about her journey in tinsel town, and her life.

You have been doing just one movie a year...has this been a conscious decision?

I choose roles that suit me, especially those that showcase my versatility. I read a lot of scripts and then sign. In that sense it's a conscious decision.

What do you look for in a role?

It's not about the length of your role it's about how much difference it makes to the film. Be it Rock On, Once Upon A Time In Mumbai, Teri Meri Kahaani or Bol Bachchan I have been very happy to be associated with these films. I was not just a prop instead the role I played helped take the story forward. And by doing a range of movies I have proved my versatility.

Any plans of making a comeback to television?

I won't rule that out. Television helped me reach new heights. And when I switched over to films people thought it was the biggest mistake. But I've always had confidence in myself and knew films would give me a wider reach. I'm now open to doing reality shows. They help actors bring out a different side of their personality. So if something that interests and excites me comes up, you might actually see me on the small screen again.

How has life changed after films?

I've always dreamt of becoming an actor. I set goals to pursue it. Films give me more 'me' time than soaps. Of course I wish I had more time to spend with friends in college.

Rock On to Bol Bachchan. Are you worried about being stereotyped?

I have been lucky so far to get very different roles. My next film is with John and the subject is close to my heart.

You have been quoted saying you would love to be paired with Ajay Devgn.

It's just that in both Once Upon A Time In Mumbai and Bol Bachchan he was my co-star. And I would never want to give up an opportunity to work with such a fabulous and talented actor.

How was it to work with Rohit Shetty, the director of Bol Bachchan?

Oh my god! It was like a house on fire. Ajay is this intense and hard working guy but that's something you should not take at face value. He is full of mischief and its Rohit and Abhishek who would execute his pranks.

ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: -purnima-

Prachi's New print ad for Bosch

Awww! She looks so cute!!! I would buy the car if I could!!!😆
ibelieveinpink thumbnail

Originally posted by: -prachid-

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WOYfCFSmnTQ[/YOUTUBE]

I love that she's doing more and more interviews...she looks amazing!!!😳
ibelieveinpink thumbnail

She reminds me of Sonam in that picture and hair. She's cool and so chilled---adore her!! I hope she doesn't stop the momentum and keeps on doing for films. 😍

I can't believe there's only one more left...one more release for the year.
ibelieveinpink thumbnail

Originally posted by: -prachid-

Top 10 Bollywood Actress

Here is the list of Top 10 Bollywood Actress

Criteria for determining Top 10 Bollywood Actors (Female) are:-
1. The actress is as good as her last release.
2. Commercial Success: Worldwide and Indian Box Office collections are calculated upon.
3. Critical Acclaim
4. Lead Actor Performances have been taken into account (excluding supporting and negative roles)

#1 - Vidya Balan
Movie: Kahaani
Box Office: 58 cr (India Net), $1.8 million (Overseas)
Verdict: Super Hit
Critical Acclaim: Positive

#2 - Katrina Kaif
Movie: Mere Brother Ki Dulhan
Box Office: 58 cr (India Net), $1.5 million (Overseas)
Verdict: Hit

#3 - Priyanka Chopra
Movie: Agneepath
Box Office: 122 cr (India Net), $6.08 million (Overseas)
Critical Acclaim: Mixed

#4 - Sonakshi Sinha
Movie: Rowdy Rathore
Box Office: 130 cr (India Net), $3.5 million (Overseas)
Verdict: Blockbuster

#5 - Mahie Gill
Movie: Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster
Box Office: 10 cr (India Net), - (Overseas)
Verdict: Below Average

#6 - Anushka Sharma
Movie: Ladies vs Ricky Bahl
Box Office: 32 cr (India Net), - (Overseas)
Verdict: Average

#7 - Prachi Desai
Movie: Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai
Box Office: 58 cr (India Net), $1.1 million (Overseas)
Verdict: Hit

#8 - Asin
Movie: Housefull 2
Box Office: 114 cr (India Net), $6.2 million (Overseas)
Critical Acclaim: Negative

#9 - Jacqueline Fernandez
Movie: Housefull 2
Box Office: 114 cr (India Net), $6.2 million (Overseas)
Critical Acclaim: Negative

#10 - Kareena Kapoor
Movie: Agent Vinod
Box Office: 44 cr (India Net), $1 million (Overseas)
Verdict: Flop

YAY for PD!!! She beat Kareena...which is a big deal. But why a film from 2010?! I don't get it??😕

Still happy that she's on the list, but she is better actress that Sonakshi in my opinion, but all the other ones make sense!

YAY!!!!! She's on a effin' list---finally! She's getting her due.