Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Proud-BrownGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Prachi Desai: The Bright Young Gal

MUMBAI, India

Her co-star, Abhishek Bachchan, finds her a very pleasant personality. Prachi Desai, of television, "Rock On!!" and "Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai" fame, is upbeat about her first comedy, "Bol Bachchan," also her first film with Abhishek, her first comedy and her second film with Ajay Devgn though not (as she complains!) as her romantic co-star.

Prachi is also happy that her role in "Bol Bachchan" is closer to her real age than her other more mature roles to date, and declares that she would never have dreamt of turning down such a film.

"It's a comedy circus on the sets with Rohit!" she smiles broadly in a chat with India-West. "He is strict, yet fun, calm and yet obviously someone who enjoys his work. I was the outsider, so I became the biggest victim of his and Ajay-sir's pranks!"

Her first day, she states, almost made her feel that she had landed like some alien on the wrong planet.

"Rohit's team of technicians and writers has not changed. So they are like a close-knit family that is always on the same page and instinctively know what they want from each other. I had done serious films till now, and in the first week I felt out of place. I was also the last to be signed and start shooting.

"My first shot was a sequence with Abhishek with a long line of dialogue and it needed 27 retakes as he would always somehow burst out laughing when I was saying my lines. I was really quite angry that day! It was only a few days back that he confessed that Rohit had instructed him to do so and make me laugh so that I would have to do a retake! It was as if I was a new student being ragged on her first day at college!"

About Ajay, she says, "I play his younger sister and the only girl in his company of pehelwans (wrestlers). I am educated, modern, spunky and pampered, but scared of him. Even in real life, whenever he enters a set, there is an instant hush because there's an aura about him that comes only with real stars."

Abhishek on the other hand, she says, spreads energy on the sets with his bubbly presence. "I have grown up watching both of them since I was a kid. But they are both pranksters. Once they made a unit hand put on a wig and dark glasses and pretend to be a hairstylist who was pulling my hair while combing it. I realized that something was fishy because I noticed Abhishek unnaturally hovering around ' and I chose not to react!"

The actress has been pretty choosy about her films to date, and deliberately so. "And this film was tough as an actor," she said. "Though Rohit-sir would seem to wave some invisible magic wand and make everything fabulous, my problem would be, 'How do I act in a real comedy? Should I go by the situation, be serious about what's happening to the character that's making the audience laugh, or be funny in my performance?' I have always admired Juhi Chawla-ji for her comedy."

She adds, "It was a learning experience ' there was Ajay-sir speaking wrong English in the shot, or Abhishek Bachchan mouthing hilarious lines and I had to keep a straight face in the scene that I knew would have the audience laughing away, free to do what I wanted to as well!"

Prachi is taking things easy. "I do not want to do characters twice my age. I am not in any hurry. An actor has to be ambitious, so let's just say that I am not overambitious. I liked the small cameo I did in 'Teri Meri Kahaani,' so I did the film."

Where does she see herself five years later? "I see myself having done about 25 films," she replies. "I would love to work again with Farhan Akhtar, this time as a director too, and definitely with Rohit."

Temptations2

Edited by Proud-BrownGirl - 12 years ago
-purnima- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Prachi Desai at Bol Bachchan screening.

Edited by -purnima- - 12 years ago
-purnima- thumbnail
Bol Bachchan: Welcome back, Prachi Desai

Actress Prachi Desai, who began her acting journey with popular TV serial 'Kasamh Se', makes a feisty comeback in Rohit Shetty's 'Bol Bachchan'.

The pairing is unusual but she has a prominent role sketched out as the love interest of Abhishek Bachchan and sister of wrestler Ajay Devgn in the film.

Prachi may have made it big on television, but her clean looks and spirited acting in Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai won her an IIFA Best Supporting Actress Award.

After making her acting debut as on TV as Bani in 2006, she won the second season of dancing reality show 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' in 2007. Later, she ventured into films with 2008 film 'Rock On!!' and was seen romancing Emraan Hashmi in 'Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai' in 2010.

In 'Bol Bachchan', the 23-year-old actress has her task cut out for her, of convincing domineering brother Devgn of her love for Bachchan who has been duping him. It's a role that is challenging especially since the very talented Asin Thottumkal is the second heroine in the film.

Desai's 'I, Me aur Main' opposite John Abraham is scheduled for a 2012 release.

"My role in every film is very different. I am so excited about the movies and just cannot wait to start with the promotions," she said. Desai is one of the few outsiders who have managed to make it big in filmdom. But the actress, who hopes to do 25 films in future, says it is not so easy for such people to get first break in Bollywood. Prachi says it is important for an actor to be ambitious.

"Every actor has to be ambitious, otherwise you can't survive in the industry. Every small little thing can completely bog you down. I am ambitious, but I am not over-ambitious. I know things that I can do and things that I can't. I am hoping for this year to be a great year," she said.

-purnima- thumbnail

Video

bol bachchan team meet fans- part 1

bol bachchan team meet fans- par 2

bol bachchan team meet fans- part3

Edited by -purnima- - 12 years ago
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
@mer: Sounds good! It does seem like she has a major role, but in the original golmaal--asin's character wasn't in it...prachi's character was the main lead, but Rohit did a few adjustment. But the latest reviews are awful. I hope film does well...so far it's good BO wise, but horrible reviews-wise.

Thanks for the vids guys...PD looks amazing. Love the white pants--YAY!! I wish she wore more color, but she looks adorable. I can't wait to see this film and then Cocktail next week---Summer releases are awesome!
-prachid- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
YAY!!! its a HITT!!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnMGeQ-ehS8&feature=player_detailpage#t=0s[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXTSlFtC7FE&feature=player_detailpage#t=130s[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by -prachid- - 12 years ago
-prachid- thumbnail
JULY 6, 2012

Bol Bachchan Hindi movie review

Written by SANGHMITRA in ENTERTAINMENT

Star Cast: Ajay Devgn, Abhishek Bachchan, Asin, Prachi Desain, Archana Puran Singh, Krushna Abhishek, Asrani, Neraj Vora.

Direction: Rohit Shetty.

Genre: Comedy.

Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes.

Rating : 3 Stars out of 5

Bol Bachchan movie directed by Rohit Shetty is released on Friday July 6. The movie is worth seeing for the perfect comic timing of Ajay Devgan and Abhishek Bachchan.

The association of Abhishek, Ajay and Rohit who were last seen in Zameen film, came together for yet another comedy-cum- action movie. The trio delivered superb punchlines, stable storyline and strong fight sequences.

Bol Bachchan movie Storyline

Bol Bachchan movie photos, Bol Bachchan movie pictures , Bol Bachchan movie pics , Bol Bachchan movie Images , Bol Bachchan movie stills , Ajay Devgan , Abhishek Bachchan , Amitabh Bachchan , Asin, Prachi Desai

The story of Bol Bachchan begins when Abbas Ali (Abhishek Bachchan) and his sister Sania (Asin) unfortunately lose their parental home from their uncle. Abbas also loses his job, and thus their late father's best friend, Shastri (Asrani) brings them to Ranakpur from Delhi. Prithvijit Raghuvanshi (Ajay Devgan) is the lord of that village. He's the generous, hard-working protector of village who hates lies completely.

With the entry of Prithvi, the story took an interesting turn with hilarious gags. When Abbas, disguised in the name of Abhishek Bachchan breaks open a temple door, Prithvi is very much impressed and employs him.

Shastri's son Ravi (Krushna) adds extra spice to Abbas's story. He creates Abhishek's Muslim twin brother Abbas and a generous mother played by mujra star Zohra Bai (Archana Puran Singh) in order to persuade Prithvi about Abhishek's family background.

Prithvi also hires Abbas who plays a kathak teacher so that he can teach his querulous sisterRadhika (Prachi Desai) few dance steps, and here things get even more amusing.

Abhishek and Sania chose Prithvi's sister Radhika to include in their plan. The lies one after the other rolled on via different sequences acted by Abhishek and his group.

Whether Prithvi learnt of Abhishek's double roles whether he came to know about Abhishek's plans of fooling him the audience certainly need to explore this funny surprising package of Bol Bachchan.

Bol Bachchan movie Star performance

From the time Ajay Devgn entered the scene, he stole the show from Abhishek. He's is prime hero to be watched. He delivered his best form with cheesy lines like "Hard work is the keyhole to saxaphone", "Boy in armpit, hyper-noise pollution in city", "My chest has become blouse" etc. He looked classy with his moustache and shiny eyes.

Abhishek Bachchan does a great job as he carries both the characters 'Abhishek' and 'Abbas'. The Abbas character played by him as dance teacher and the way he walked was fun watching.

Though Asin and Prachi didn't have much role in the film, but they too looked pretty, and performed their individual roles finely.

The other stars who equally supported in the film were Krushna, Asrani, Archana and Neeraj Vora (Prithvi's sceptical Makhan), thus adding zest to the movie.

Music Performance

Bol Bachchan movie photos, Bol Bachchan movie pictures , Bol Bachchan movie pics , Bol Bachchan movie Images , Bol Bachchan movie stills , Ajay Devgan , Abhishek Bachchan , Amitabh Bachchan , Asin, Prachi Desai

Amitabh Bachchan's item number 'Bol Bachchan' was unnecessary in the film.

'Nach le Nach le' song sung by Shreya Ghoshal and Sukhvinder Singh is quite enjoyable track.

Other song tracks are somewhat ok types.

Bol Bachchan Direction

Director Rohit Shetty like his earlier films proves his best this time too with Bol Bachchan. It was a sincere effort from his side to come up with a good, humorous storyline.

His film is inspired from Amol Palekar-Utpal Dutt starrer 1979 Golmaal film and he does not deny it. All the stars in Bol Bachchan he selected contributed superbly.

Overall Bol Bachchan is quite good, and if you have the capacity to laugh at all odds, do watch this movie keeping your brains aside this weekend with double popcorn in your hand.

-prachid- thumbnail
? HQ Scan ? : FHM India Magazine ' July 2012 Issue.

The top 100 list was compiled on the basis of a poll via online and SMS voting. Other Indians celebs in the Top 100 list are:

#1. Katrina Kaif
#2. Kareena Kapoor
#3. Deepika Padukone
#5. Vidya Balan
#6. Priyanka Chopra
#9. Dia Mirza
#10. Sunny Leone
#11. Chitrangada Singh
#12. Jackqueline Fernandez
#13. Sonakshi Sinha
#14. Nargis Fakhri
#15. Kangana Ranaut
#16. Bipasha Basu
#21. Mallika Sherawat
#25. Malaika Arora Khan
#26. Veena Malik
#27. Sonam Kapoor
#28. Shruti Hasan
#29. Prachi Desai
#32. Yami Gautam
#35. Gauhar Khan
#39. Shibani Dandekar
#40. Minissha Lamba
#42. Soha Ali Khan
#43. Genelia D'Souza
#44. Mahie Gill
#45. Neha Dhupia
#46. Diana Penty
#47. Poonam Pandey
#49. Parineeti Chopra
#50. Saina Nehwal
#51. Archana Vijaya
#55. Esha Gupta
#56. Amy Jackson
#59. Freida Pinto
#66. Sania Mirza
#71. Zarine Khan
#72. Priety Zinta
#73. Nathalia Kaur
#78. Sonali Bendre
#79. Karishma Kapoor
#85. Shilpa Shetty
#93. Sophie Chaudhary
#96. Rozlyn Khan
#97. Anusha Dandekar
#98. Hazel Keech
#99. Neetu Chandra
#100. Asin
-prachid- thumbnail
Prachi Desai on the sets of lux the chosen one!

-purnima- thumbnail

I am ambitious: Prachi Desai

?