Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: -prachid-

making of nach le!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV_71qCpfmI&feature=player_detailpage#t=41s[/YOUTUBE]

OMG!!! Her giggle fit was the cutest...and Rohit making fun of her sorrys...awww! Her and abhi are just so cute and PD looks uber cute. Abhi is so sweet!!!! I can't wait to see this film even though I'm not into masala flicks!
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Thanks purnima!!! She looks so adorable...reminds me of another Audrey shot here! I love her dress, smile, and hair to death!😍

ibelieveinpink thumbnail

Originally posted by: -purnima-

Prachi Desai: I'm quite obsessed with the Bachchans

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQmz5XNUML0[/YOUTUBE]

I'm so in love with them!! OMG!!! They are so cute...cuter than Shahid-PD. I want them in another film please!!! He is so sweet and making her laugh constantly. I'm watching all the interviews and this cast is the best!!!

I can't stop gushing about Abhi-PD! AHHH! Me so dead!
-purnima- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Apart from Bol Bachchan, the young actor has I, Me Aur Main opposite John Abraham releasing later this year. Prachi Desai gets chatty about her long absence from the big screen and her first time being funny onscreen

Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai released in 2010. It's 2012 – so why such a long gap from movies?

I have been deliberately taking it slow. I was waiting for the right kind of films to come to me. After doing Once… I definitely knew I wanted to do young and fun roles. When you have Rohit (Shetty), Ajay (Devgn) and Abhishek (Bachchan) together in a film, you can't say no! Also, I have never attempted an out and out comedy before, so I had to do Bol Bachchan.

Since Bol Bachchan is your first comedy, did you have to prepare for the role?

Actually, I was more worried and kept wondering what I was expected to do in a comedy, whether I am supposed to act funny, or just be myself, or let the situation play out. I thought I should watch a few of Juhi Chawla's films, as I am huge fan of her comic acts. But I didn't have to do anything, as Abhishek does all the mad hatter stuff in the film. I am the normal and calming down factor in Bol Bachchan.

Hrishikesh Mukherjee's Golmaal had one heroine and you play that character in Bol Bachchan. But Asin is also in the film. Do you feel you have compromised to be a part of a big project?

I don't think it really matters, 'coz I don't scheme and plot what to do next. When I weighed the options, it was obviously smarter to pick up an opportunity to do Bol Bachchan. Everything works for me in the film. I am getting to do comedy for the first time. I am being paired opposite Abhishek. I am working with Rohit Shetty. This is my second film with Ajay.

After Rock On!! one expected you would do a lot more films. Instead, you have been taking your sweet time in taking your career forward…

I wasn't interested in the kinds of roles I was being offered. I knew that if I did those films, my shelf life would be another two years at the most. I knew I had to wait for roles that suited my age. When anybody starts off, they don't want to do roles that are twice their age. It may have taken two years to get the right kind of opportunities. I feel 2012 is a good year for me. After Bol Bachchan I have I, Me Aur Main with John (Abraham). I think it's the role that will change people's perception about me. It's a young and very bohemian character.

Why do you think you were being offered older characters?

I think that happened because of the kind of work I have done before. I started from a daily soap. I moved on to do the cult film, Rock On!!. I did play a young wife in the film, but nobody saw me as funky or even the real me. So I think people wanted to play safe and capitalise on something that had already worked for me.

Are you an ambitious person?

I think every actor has to be ambitious, otherwise you can't be in this industry. I am ambitious, but not over ambitious. I know how much I want to do and the things I don't want to do. I am just taking it that way. Let's see how it goes.

Where do you see yourself five years from now?

I hope I do at least 25 more films by then.

During the initial years of your career you had said that you wouldn't wear a bikini or do intimate scenes onscreen. Do you still maintain that?

When people ask me about it, I want to ask where I said such things, 'coz I don't remember being quoted on that. Unfortunately, at that time I just chose to keep mum, that's why people went around writing whatever they felt like. I came from a certain set-up and people had certain perceptions about what's okay with me and not okay with me. What I would say is that I would do every role that I am comfortable doing. I don't think I can define what I can do and what I can't do. I never thought I'll do comedy, but I am doing in Rohit Shetty's film. It's as simple as that. Also, I think time and experience play a big role in a person's life.

ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Thanks Purnima for the articles. She is just so chweet!!!

ibelieveinpink thumbnail

Prachi Desai in Bol Bachchan

Next
Sonil Dedhia in Mumbai

Prachi Desai became a household name with the popular television serial Kasamh Se.

Her transition to the big screen happened quite successfully, with her delivering two hits in Rock On!! and Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai.

But after that, she disappeared for two years.

This Friday, the actress returns to the marquee with Rohit Shetty's Bol Bachchan.

She tells Sonil Dedhia why she was missing all this time, and how the industry is unfair to outsiders.

Your last film, Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai, released in 2010. Has the break been deliberate?

After doing films like Rock On!! and Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai, I realised that I had to do roles that suited my age. I wanted to do some fun stuff and so I decided to do Bol Bachchan.

I don't think anyone could have refused a film like this. When you get Rohit Shetty, Ajay Devgn, Abhishek to work with on the same team, why would you refuse?

Prev

Prachi Desai in Bol Bachchan

Next

Do you think you have been able to capitalise on your success to the fullest?

The industry can be unfair sometimes. When you are an outsider, people don't take you seriously. You need an extreme push to bring you to a certain level.

I had appeared in television serials before I did my first film. So people didn't take me that seriously.

After doing films like Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai, and now Bol Bachchan, I have come into that commercial zone.
People have started taking me seriously. This is when you get other opportunities. It's not been that long but it could have been a faster process.

Newcomers, who taste success in their first film, don't always get consecutive films. But you took rather too long to plan your next film.

I was not interested in the kind of roles offered to me. If I had taken those up, my shelf life would have just been two years.

I had to wait for apt roles to come to me which would suit my age. When you start off, you don't want to be doing roles twice your age.

I think this is a good year for me. After Bol Bachchan, I will work with John Abraham in I Me Aur Main. With this film I can change people's perceptions about me. It is such a vivacious and bohemian role. People haven't seen me like that.

Prachi Desai

Next

What do you think caused filmmakers to offer you older roles?

The reason is these are the kinds of roles I have done before in television. I got it from Rock On!!. It was a fabulous cult film, I played a young wife but nobody saw me as funky or the real me. The way I am. So I guess people wanted to stick to that, nobody wanted to experiment with me. They just wanted to capitalise on what they had seen me as.

So is the industry finally opening up to you?

Yes, I think the industry is opening up to me. And it is high time it does. I am truly not the person I have been made out to be. I guess I am just a person of my own.

What do you think of Rohit Shetty as a filmmaker?

I have only watched Rohit Shetty on Comedy Circus. He was very calm on the show and hardly said anything. He used to just enjoy himself. But after shooting with him, I came to know that what I perceived was completely different.

On set, he is strict but is also fun to work with. What makes it easier is that he has worked with the same team for so long.

They don't have to say anything to each other. For me it was a very different set up, very alien.

I had done serious films and to come to this place was like being thrown into a mad house. It took me some time to settle down.

As far as work is concerned, I feel Rohit Shetty is a director with a magic wand. It is so fabulously entertaining and I feel so lucky to be working with him.

Prachi Desai and Abhishek Bachchan in Bol Bachchan

Next

Which of his films do you like?

My favourite is his first film, Golmaal. I keep watching it again and again. I missed the second instalment Golmaal Returns but caught up with Gomaal 3.

I loved Kareena Kapoor in it. I have also seen All the Best which I really enjoyed.

Were you given any instructions before you started shooting for the film?

No, I wasn't given any instructions as such. I was so worried. I kept wondering what I would do in a comedy role. I thought I should watch a few Juhi Chawla films because I absolutely love her.

I play Ajay's younger sister. Abhishek had to do most of the funny stuff as I am playing the role of a normal girl who is a calming factor in the film.

Prachi Desai

Next

Was it very alien to you when you reached the sets for the first time?

It was an alien world for me. I had long dialogues, the scene was three or four pages long on my first day. I was supposed to be very angry and walk off.

There were some 27 takes for this simple shot because in every shot Abhishek used to start laughing. Just a few days ago, Rohit told me that to make me nervous Abhishek would start laughing and not let me say my dialogues.

In the first week, I thought I was in the wrong place. The next time they tried to play a prank on me, I caught on.

You are shown to be scared of Ajay Devgn in this film. How is it working with him in real life?

The first time I met Ajay was on the sets of Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai. When Ajay walks in, there is silence on the sets. His aura and personality is so intimidating but at the same time, as a person, he is so calm.

It's wonderful to be around him. He is what real stars are made of. He is very shy. He loves what he does, he is professional about everything. He is also a producer now.

I am not scared of him, but there is this respect I have for him which makes one sober down in front of him.

Prachi Desai

More

How was it working with Abhishek?

Ajay and Abhishek are complete contrasts. Abhishek is like a house on fire. He spreads his energy around. He loves to enjoy no matter what he is doing. When Abhishek is around, it's always a different environment.

Did you find comedy tougher than the serious roles you have done in the past?

Absolutely! It was much tougher. In comedy you cannot get your timing wrong. Also, people who are saying the lines don't think it's funny. They just have to say it like normal lines.

I learnt a lot from watching Abhishek and Ajay. When Abhishek had these hilarious lines, he just kept a straight face and said it.

Ajay had to talk wrong English and he did it convincingly. It is the toughest thing to do.

Where do you see yourself five years down the line?

I hope that I do at least 25 films in the next five years. I would love to work with Farhan Akhtar as a director. I have shared screen space with him. He is also one of my favorite directors because of Dil Chahta Hai.

I want to work with Rohit Shetty again for sure. I am hoping to do a film with Ajay because I haven't been paired with him.

-prachid- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Bol Bachchan Team on the Sets of EHMMB!
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfK-Uf4Pd0o&feature=player_detailpage#t=198s[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by -prachid- - 12 years ago
Proud-BrownGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Prachi Desai's moment of truth

Published: Wednesday, Jul 4, 2012, 9:18 IST
By Sneha Mahadevan | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA

Actress Prachi Desai has been extensively travelling to promote her upcoming release with actors Abhishek Bachchan, Ajay Devgn and Asin. The pretty actor, who is paired opposite Abhishek in the film has been a victim of several pranks. It is a known fact that Abhishek and Ajay are absolute pranksters and when they team up they are a riot, often making the girls a target of their pranks.

When the entire team was in Dubai for promotions, Prachi was in for the shock of her lifetime. Their schedule in Dubai was action-packed with visits to different malls in the city lined up. They were surprised by the over-whelming response at one mall where a massive crowd awaited them. The entire crew had a thick blanket of security around them. A source from the crew says, "Despite the tight arrangements, a man managed to get very close to Prachi and tried his best to attract her attention. He tried everythingright from making gestures to pulling her arm and screaming out. When Prachi finally saw him,she realised that he had a small device in his hands, which had her really petrified." The sources adds, "What was worse was that he was apparently following her throughout the day but none of them paid much attention to him because nobody saw him closely. Finally, the security was alerted and the man somehow handed over the device to Prachi."

By then the actor was reportedly super scared but she later realised that the device was a pen drive. On checking it later, she found that the guy in question was just a harmless fan who was trying to give something he had made for her. The pen drive apparently had videos, pictures and even poems he wrote for hercompiled over the past couple of years. On learning this, she left a small gift for the man with the Dubai team to be sent to him as a token of appreciation.

-purnima- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
in-Bollywood-Prachi-Desai.htm">http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/2012/jul/040712-Outsiders-are-not-taken-seriously-in-Bollywood-Prachi-Desai.htm

"I feel that the industry can be unfair sometimes. When you are an outsider, people don't take you seriously. I personally think you need an extreme push for people to promote you and bring you to a certain level," the 23-year-old told in an interview.

The young actress, who started her career as the lead in TV show "Kasamh Se", made her Bollywood debut opposite Farhan Akhtar in "Rock On!!". She was then seen in "Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai", in which she was paired with Emraan Hashmi, and also was in the cast of recently released "Teri Meri Kahaani".

Her next is Rohit Shetty's "Bol Bachchan". Coming out Friday, the comedy will see her playing Ajay Devgn's sister who is an educated and modern girl. The film also stars Abhishek Bachchan and Asin Thottumkal in major roles.

Prachi says it is important for an actor to be ambitious.

"Every actor has to be ambitious, otherwise you can't survive in the industry. Every small little thing can completely bog you down. I am ambitious, but I am not over-ambitious. I know things that I can do and things that I can't. I am hoping for this year to be a great year," she said.

As far as future projects are concerned, Prachi has teamed up with John Abraham in debutant director Kapil Sharma's "I Me Aur Mein".

When asked where she sees herself five years from now, she said: "Five years down the line, I hope that I do at least 25 films. I would love to work with Farhan as a director. He is also one of my favourite directors because of 'Dil Chahta Hai'. I want to work with Rohit Shetty again. I am hoping to do a film with Ajay (Devgn) because I haven't been paired with him."

-prachid- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

New screening poster!
http://p.twimg.com/Aw8Gk1vCQAAjYYI.png:large

artilcle:

Desi Girl: Reading the doodles of Prachi and Abhishek

Ujala Ali Khan

Jul 3, 2012

Save this article

This past weekend the stars of Bol Bachchan were in town. One of the reasons I love attending these promotional visits is to see what these icons look like in person. The camera has a way of adding inches horizontally and vertically - not to mention those crazy Bollywood avatars - and it's always interesting to see what they actually look like.

Abhishek Bachchan and Asin Thottumkal were no real surprises. They carried their stunning good looks with perfect poise.

It was Ajay Devgn who was the shocker. I've always put him in the John Travolta/Nicholas Cage category: great actor, but not particularly pretty. At least not in the conventional way. Meeting him in person changed my "if he's good enough for his wife Kajol, he's good enough for me" approach to him. I don't know if it was his strong but silent charisma, or the way he holds your gaze during a conversation, or his low baritone as he speaks … whatever it was, I saw it and I must say, bravo Kajol, good catch!

Another big surprise was Prachi Desai. The teeny-tiny starlet came teetering in on mile-high heels, though she still looked tiny, specially next to the towering Abhishek. She looked so cute and so minuscule that I just wanted to put her in my lap and feed her sweets.

But boy, does the girl know how to work the camera! She had the photographers mesmerised throughout the press conference. What caught my eye in between her poses (that alternated from coy to seductive) was that her hand never stopped moving. She was constantly doodling something on the piece of paper in front of her. And she wasn't the only one: Abhishek was doing it, too. She with a dainty right hand and he with a brawny left one … they just kept doodling.

I was possessed by an overwhelming urge to see what they were doodling. Of course, I realise that just like us regular folks, stars probably get bored during press conferences and doodle, but do they scribble grocery lists, their names or the words "This is so boring ... zzz!" or do they have something more profound, more celebrity-like, to say? Doodles are said to give an insight into the doodler's psyche. What secrets about Prachi and Abhishek lay revealed by their scribbles?

With the press conference over, the crowd followed the stars as they descended from the stage and towards the exit. That was my cue. I stealthily made my way towards the stage, inched inconspicuously towards the head table and discreetly tore the doodled pieces of paper off the hotel-branded notepads.

While waiting for my one-on-one interview slot with the stars, I took stock of the doodles. I'm no psychologist, but I have my own layman's interpretation of them: Prachi, it would seem, still feels like an outsider, trying to fit in. She's emulating what she sees around her. Abhishek, despite being the huge star that he is, doesn't always put himself first. Of everyone from the Bol Bachchan team there that day, it's Ajay whom he looks up to the most.

This is just my own layman's interpretation of the doodles. Regardless of the merit of my deductions, I now have two pieces of paper which must be of some value to someone out there. Any takers?

View the doodles on our Arts&Life blog at www.thenational.ae/scene-heard

Edited by -prachid- - 12 years ago