-prachid- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Edited by -prachid- - 12 years ago
-prachid- thumbnail
Bol Bachchan Star Cast Prachi Desai on Set Tarak Mehata Ka Oolta Chashma
Bol Bachchan Star Asin, Prachi Desai and Abhishek Bachchan on Set Tarak Mehata Ka Oolta Chashma
Bol Bachchan Star Cast Asin Thottumkal and Prachi Desai on Set Tarak Mehata Ka Oolta Chashma
-prachid- thumbnail
making of nach le!
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV_71qCpfmI&feature=player_detailpage#t=41s[/YOUTUBE]
-prachid- thumbnail
Bol Bachchan Team in DUbai!
-prachid- thumbnail

Style Check: Priyanka Chopra, Rani Mukherjee and Prachi Desai among the best-dressed of the week

Don't miss Rani Mukherjee in a sari at Esha Deol's wedding, Priyanka Chopra in a short dress and Prachi Desai in a red maxi skirt
By Usha Lakra
Date: Sat, Jun 30, 2012 12:10:42 GMT

SLIDE SHOW

1 of 12

LOOKS WE LOVE!

Since the week was high on Esha Deol's wedding celebrations we spotted some of the Bollywood girls in desi get-ups, all clad in saris and suits. The ones to have us smitten with their ethnic charm were Rani Mukherjee, Preeti Desaiand Ahana Deol. Let's discuss this week's trends - traditional as well as modish.

To start with desi girls: the one who completely floored us was Rani Mukherjee at Esha Deol's wedding. The bongshell chose a typical Bengali sari for the event and turned out to be quite a stunner. Simplicity at its best! What came as a surprise was the sight of model-turned-actress Preeti Desai in traditional outfits. Preeti was present at both sangeet and wedding of Esha Deol with beauAbhay Deol. For sangeet she went for a blue-coloured lehenga by Anita Dongre and wore a peach-coloured sari by the same designer at the wedding. She looked wonderful at both the occasions.

Other stylish babes spotted this week were Priyanka Chopra, Asin and Prachi Desai. You can perhaps take a cue from their casual style statements for the summers. If Priyanka sported a short dress, Asin was chic in a jacket and trouser, while Prachi opted for a maxi skirt.

Thus this week, our B-town girls had a mixed bag to offer. From blingy traditional outfits to subtle casual clothes, and like always we enjoyed watching their styles be it for a wedding or a promotional event. Catch the most stylish ladies of the week here:

-prachid- thumbnail

PRACHI DESAI

Prachi Desai went for a Zara maxi skirt for a promotional event and do we need to say how she looked. It was indeed one of her best casual looks till date. For another event she went for unsymmetrical fusion dress. Since in summers you can experiment with the hemlines, uneven looks better. But the bold and on-your-face print of the dress overpowered Prachi's sweet persona.

-prachid- thumbnail
Press conference @ Grand Hyatt!

Interview with zeeaflam tv at grand hyatt !

interview with bol bachchna cast!

Sunday 1 July 2012
News updated at 8:41 AM IST

You are here: Home Supplements Sunday Herald entertainment A good dose of fun

A good dose of fun

Rajiv Vijayakar,July 1,2012

Rajiv Vijayakar speaks to the cast of Rohit Shetty's latest project, 'Bol Bachchan'. This energetic entertainer, which releases on July 6, promises to be quite a laugh riot.

A pehelwan and his sister; an unfortunate soul and his sister; circumstances and human kinks, along with encounters of the romantic kind. That's the premise of Rohit Shetty's latest fun-a-thon Bol Bachchan, loosely inspired by Hrishikesh Mukherjee's Golmaal. The mood, therefore, is also light at the interview session with the lead actors, Ajay Devgn and Abhishek Bachchan, who were making wisecracks about each other.

Prachi Desai is happy that her role in Bol Bachchan is closer to her real age and declares that she would never have dreamt of turning down such a film. "It's a comedy circus on the sets with Rohit," she smiles broadly. "He is strict, yet fun, calm, yet obviously someone who enjoys his work. I was the outsider, so I became the biggest victim of his as well as Ajay sir's pranks!"

Her first day, she states, almost made her doubt whether she had landed up in the wrong place. "Rohit's team of technicians and writers has not changed. They are like a close-knit family that is always on the same page.

They instinctively know what they want from each other. I had done serious films till now and in the first week, I felt out of place. My first shot was a sequence with Abhishek, with a long dialogue. It needed 27 retakes as Abhishek would always burst out laughing when I was saying my lines. But, a few days back, he revealed to me that Rohit had instructed him to do so! It was like I was the new student being ragged on her first day in college."

Comic experience

Bol Bachchan is Prachi's first comedy, her first with Abhishek and Rohit, and her second film with Ajay. "But Ajay sir has never been my hero," she mock-grumbles about her reel brother, as she adds, "I play his younger sister and the only girl in his company of pehelwans. I am educated, modern, spunky and pampered, but scared of him. Even in real life, whenever he enters a set, there is an instant hush because there is an aura about him that comes only with real stars."

Abhishek, on the other hand, spreads energy on the sets with his bubbly presence. "But they are both pranksters. Once, they made a unit hand put on a wig and dark glasses and pretend to be a hairstylist. He was pulling my hair while combing it. I realised that something was fishy, but chose not to react," Prachi recounts.

Asin seconds her co-star's opinion. "Abhishek is a livewire and there is a perceptible drop in the energy level when he's not around. But since my antennae are always up, I cannot be made a bakra anymore," she smiles. "I have worked with Ajay earlier in London Dreams, with Salman Khan in the same film and Ready, and with Aamir Khan in Ghajini. They have all been incorrigible pranksters, so I am kind of prepared now," Asin adds.

Having worked in the romantic comedy Ready and the laugh riot Housefull 2, Asin is an old hand at Hindi comedy films, unlike Prachi, who found comedy to be the most difficult aspect of acting. "And yet, this comedy was different.

Rohit's team would have completely rehearsed everything before the actors walked in. His kind of comedy is different from that of Anees Bazmee or Sajid Khan." Comparing her three ace comic directors, she says that Sajid keeps spontaneously modifying the written word; Anees welcomes inputs but keeps to the script, while Rohit prefers to stick to what is decided.

Asin is the only heroine besides Kareena Kapoor to have three releases in the 100 crore club — Ghajini (the first to touch that landmark), Ready and Housefull 2. The trade is optimistic about this film entering that league too. Does this have to do only with luck or a great script as well? "I am lucky to have such back-to-back hits," Asin replies. "I tend to go for the complete package and have a soft spot for universally appealing films. Good stories and creative satisfaction are important, but they must be entertaining too."

Crowd puller

Agrees Ajay Devgn, actor and co-producer of the film, "You cannot wrong the audience or think that they are fools. Prakash Jha makes realistic, issue-based films, but they are always entertaining. If you cannot make films with the right connect, then make them ghar ke liye. When a viewer spends Rs 250-300 per ticket, it's not to get educated on class cinema, but to be entertained."

Ajay's character in the film, inspired by the martinet, which Utpal Dutt played in the original, is a wrestler who is practically a zamindar. "He insists on speaking English, and no one corrects his wrong language because no one else knows the language anyway," smiles the actor.

Despite major changes in the script vis--vis the Mukherjee original, Ajay has still seen it fit to officially take the remake rights. "If we ourselves do not set such ethical examples, how can we complain when others do improper things?" he asks.
Working with both the Bachchans in the title song was Rohit's idea, he reveals. "I have worked earlier with both of them, separately. Amit-ji was so involved despite his health problems at the time." About Abhishek, he says, "He took a day or two to get into our zone of comedy. But he was zooming after that."

Comfort zone

But Abhishek differs and says, "It took me almost a week to unlearn my style and adapt to a very different style. For me, this was a difficult and demanding zone of comedy.

I was used to the deadpan, straight-faced kind of humour that you can see in a Dhoom or a Dostana. But Rohit had confidence in me and also worked with me. We would rehearse at night till I came into a comfort zone and opened up. Every film has a pitch, a particular sur, and if you don't match up to it, you can stick out like a sore thumb." Raving about how Rohit is as grounded as he was when they worked last on the director's debut film Zameen a decade ago, Abhishek says that the only change in him is that he has obviously become much more confident.

"Bol Bachchan has been the most difficult film of my career and the most exhausting one," Abhishek declares. "I have told Rohit Shetty that he has to send me on a holiday after the film is released."

Terming Ajay and Asin as dream co-workers with a team spirit, he has a special compliment for Prachi, "The lady has a discomforting trait of memorising pages and pages of dialogues fast, probably because of her television background. While we were groaning, 'My god! Five pages of dialogues,' she used to say, 'Only five pages of lines!' "

On the fact that he sings once again, with his father and Ajay, in the title track, Abhishek quips, "Yes, they never learn. My filmmakers keep making me sing!"

Proud-BrownGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Bol Bachchan lead cast Ajay devgn, Abhishek Bachchan, Prachi Desai, Asin and
Rohit Shetty at Bol Bachchan press conference.

Prachi looks real classy, she reminds me of Actress Grace Kelly in her outfit.

Temptations2

Edited by Proud-BrownGirl - 12 years ago
-purnima- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Prachi Desai felt she was a misfit for 'Bol Bachchan'

We don't mean for the role, but to be a part of Rohit Shetty's mischievous team!

The Rock On!! babe was pretty thrilled to team up with the successful pair of Ajay Devgn and Rohit Shetty, who have made some of the biggest blockbusters in recent times. But when Prachi Desai arrived for the first day of the film's shoot in Jaipur, she started having doubts about doing the project. In an interview the young actor said, "The kind of roles and films I had done earlier were rather serious, so working on Bol Bachchan was like being thrown into a madhouse. It took me a week to adjust. For the first few days I thought I was in the wrong place."

When we asked her why she felt she wasn't meant to be there, this is what she had to say: "On my first day I had a scene that was three or four pages long. Abhishek and I had a dialogue. I was supposed to be angry in the scene. We did 27 retakes for a simple scene. And it was just because Abhishek would start laughing in every shot."

Initially Prachi thought she was doing something wrong, but later discovered that her stern-looking director had ordered her onscreen lover to make her first day at work miserable. The television star turned film actor recalls, "Rohit had instructed Abhishek to make me nervous and start laughing in every shot. So for the first few days I didn't know what was happening. But the next time they tried to play a prank on me, I caught them." After that, she says, working on Bol Bachchan was a fun-filled ride. Let's hope the journey ends on a happy note.

-purnima- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Abhishek is like on house on fire - Prachi Desai -

The blue eyed girl of Ekta kapoor, the lovely Prachi Desai is all set to kick your funny bone with her upcoming Rohit shetty flick Bol Bachchan where she plays the love interest of Abhishek bachchan and sister of Ajay Devgan.

IG caught the bubbly talent from her tight promotional schedule and she talked about Bol Bachchan and her dream co-star on screen.

What makes you to choose Bol Bachchan

I don't think anybody can refuse a film like Bol Bachchan. It's an obvious choice,.When you get such set up, such people, Rohit, Ajay, Abhishek everybody put together than I don't think anyone can say no to such film. I have not attempted an and out comedy.. Bol Bachchan give me the opportunity to go into the complete comedy zone.

What do you think of Rohit Shetty and how familiar you are with his style

I have only watched Rohit on comedy circus. He hardly says anything.He is very calm on that show. He used to just enjoy himself and his personality seems completely different but after starting my shoot with him I come to know how different he is. On the set he can be quite strict but it's fun to be with him. Actually what make easier is the fact that he worked with the same team from very long time for many years.

They don't say anything to each other but everyone will be on the same pace. If someone is playing a prank on me than everyone else knows about it except me. For me it's a very different set up very alien.

The kind of films I did is rather serious. But coming to such a place is suddenly thrown into a mad house. It took me a week to adjust to them. First two days I thought I just put into a wrong place.

I am being misplaced and I need to go back. But as far as work is concern Rohit shetty is a director with a magic wand, he does smoothing to his film and it becomes fabulously entertaining. I am just lucky to work with him.

Favorite Rohit Shetty films

I loved Golmaal so much. I have watched it again and again. I missed Golmaal 2 but caught up with the latest one. I loved Kareena in that film because it was fabulously funky and out of the way role.Preparations for this role

Initially they were no instruction as such but I thought it's better to do something I thought of watching

Juhi Chawla films as I love her comedy but end of it I don't have to do anything as I had Abhishek Bachchan who is the maddening factor and I am the normal and the calming down factor.

First day on shoot

Absolutely alien atmosphere. In fact my first day of shoot I had really very long dialog to say and everyone was familiar with the set except me as I have joined them late. Abhishek and me had a dialogue where I was supposed to get extremely angry with him and need to walk off from the place for the shot.

The shot get okayed after 27 takes.. the reason after every shot Abhishek used to start laughing. I have no clue why he was laughing I kept him asking that is something wrong with me or I have done something wrong. Only 2 days ago he told me that he was strictly instructed by Rohit to make me nervous by laughing at my every shot and don't let me say any of my dialogs.So prachi was ragged on her first day in Rohit Shetty's camp Totally...so much ragging... (laughs)..

Throw some light on you character

I am playing Abhishek's love interest and Ajay's younger sister, who is a pehelwaan and there is a full phelewaan clan and I am the only girl among them.I am different from them educated, more modern girl and Ajay is stuck up in his own time. He doesn't know English but he loves converting it into English. My role is funky and little pampered but still very scared of Ajay.As per your character you are scared of Ajay devgan. Is it same for the real life? The first time I met Ajay is on the set of OUTIM where I, Emraan, Ajay and few actors had a scene together. Ajay is so much silent on the set.

His personality was so intimidating but as person he so calm and what real stars are made off you get to see so like to be around Ajay. He is very quiet and he loves whatever does, he is very professional about everything.I am not scared of him but there is certain sense of respect for him which makes you sober down for a person like Ajay.

What about Abhishek as a co star

Ajay and Abhishek are totally contrasting personality. Abhishek on the other hand is like house on fire. He is always bubbling; spreading his energy around and he just love to enjoy him no matter what the scene is serious, comedy, emotional anything.

Are you choosy

The kind of role I have being offered I wasn't interested in doing such roles.I know that if I do the film like that than my shelf life would be 2-3 years and I have being over by then, I know that I have to wait for my age act role to come to me.This is a good year for me because after BOl Bachchan, I have a film with John Abraham where I can change the perception completely. It is a vivacious role. This gives me opportunity to switch me. This kind of role I was waiting for.

How ambitious are you

Every actor has to be ambitious or else he can't survive in the industry. Every small little thing can bog you down. I am ambitious but not over ambitious. Hoping this year will be a great year.

Do you believe that the comedy is tough

Absolutely. its tough. You need to get your timing right.

You all time favorite comedy films

Original Golmaal. Golmaal 1, Andaaz apana apana are the best comedy ever.

Which director you would like to work

Farhan as a director. As I worked with him on Rock on but it was his debut film. He is one of my favorite director due to 'Dil Chahata Hai'. Rohit Shetty' again for sure and hoping to do a film with Ajay probably. Rohit Ajay together since I haven't being paired with him.