Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sandy-Naz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: KS_Shreya

AMRITA RAO ?@AmritaRaoTweetz9h

For those asking My Pics in the @SVACouture chudidar by Sonam & Paras Modi. Hav it ALL pic.twitter.com/c5ZiOSUMe8

looking pretty ...😳
Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sandy-Naz

thanks.😳..mostly i spam by posting her pics.😆

Hehe...careful. Kahin koi aur naa padh le. 😆
Minionite thumbnail

I don't intend to change the 'girl-next-door' image: Amrita Rao

After starting the year on a high with Jolly LLB, actor Amrita Rao is eagerly waiting for the release of her two big-budget films, one with Amitabh Bachchan and the other with Sunny Deol. In a long leisurely chat with CS, Amrita talks about how comfortable she is with her girl-next-door image and family support.

The real girl
I have always been the girl-next-door, and I don't intend to change that image. I feel it's the best compliment I have received. It is a space everyone relates to, from a college girl to a professional or home maker. Bollywood is full of glam dolls, but how relatable are they? I never want to play a character, where most girls look up and say, 'I can never be like this.' I am playing girl-next-door characters in my upcoming films, but they have different shades to them.

Bowled over by Big B
Honestly, working with Amitji (Amitabh Bachchan) felt kind of surreal. I just couldn't believe that I was working with the biggest superstar of the industry, and of the country! Amitji's sense of humour and aura is simply amazing. Everyday, I used to suffer from his hangover. When I was on the sets, I used to be in my character, but post pack-up, I would just be thinking about how the day went with Amitji.

Working with Prakashji (Prakash Jha) was also a great experience. He pushes his actors to stretch their abilities, and at the same time gives the cast creative freedom which puts pressure to give our best. He is a fast executioner as well.

A silver lining
Parents have to be supportive and patient if their children want to make a career in the creative field, be it acting, writing, painting or direction. My family has always supported me, encouraged me and given me the right advice. No one's career graph is always full of only successes, everyone fails once a while. My family has been my rock of confidence whenever I have faced failures. They get excited with my achievements and also motivate me to do my best. I surround myself with positive people and energy.

http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/2013/jul/190713-bollywood-amrita-rao-happy-in-her-own-space.htm

Minionite thumbnail
I am afraid of taking wrong decisions: Amrita Rao

I am afraid of taking wrong decisions: Amrita Rao

Shaping one's own career in the film industry is quite a daunting task, but actor Amrita Rao is happy that she has done it all without any support. From debuting as a young bubbly girl in 'Ishq Vishq' in 2003 to playing a mature character in the upcoming film 'Satyagraha', Amrita Rao has come a long way, all on her own.

"I have always wanted to be a self made woman and am happy with the way I have carved a niche perception for myself," says Amrita. She plays Amitabh Bachchan's daughter-in-law inSatyagraha who eventually goes on to become the core of his movement. In her 10-year-long career she has made mistakes and refused films that she shouldn't have but the actor is content as those were her own decisions.

"I am afraid of taking wrong decisions and have been careful about selecting roles." The actor who is not keen to do regional cinema anytime soon is all praises for Sunny Deol, who she is paired with in an upcoming film. She says, "Quite opposite to his on-screen avatars, Sunny is very reserved and keeps to himself on the set. He has the strongest fist and warmest smile." She was linked with her co-star Shahid Kapoor earlier but as of now she maintains she is not seeing anyone, "When the time is right, I would like to reveal it."

Minionite thumbnail
Amitabh Bachchan teases Amrita Rao

Amitabh Bachchan teases Amrita Rao

Amitabh Bachchan teases Amrita Rao about double shift

Amitabh Bachchan is known to be blessed with a great sense of humour. So, when he learnt that Amrita Rao is doing double shifts — shooting for Prakash Jha's film during the day and Anil Sharma's at night — he began teasing her.

Big B would also ask Ajay Devgn and Arjun Rampal, his co-stars in Jha's film, to buckle down and sign more films like Amrita.

Doing double shifts is rare these days; it was popular in the 70s and 80s. "Luckily, both Jha's and Sharma's films are being shot in Bhopal, so Amrita could easily accommodate them," said a source.

Minionite thumbnail
Gandhiji's Raghupati Raghav modified for 'Satyagraha'

Gandhiji's Raghupati Raghav modified for 'Satyagraha'

Filmmaker Prakash Jha has incorporatedMahatma Gandhi's favourite bhajan Raghupati Raghav Raja Ram for 'Satyagraha', changing the lyrics to resonate with the sentiment of today's youth against corruption. The improvised version releases on Sunday across TV and radio networks.

Jha insists he hasn't changed the bhajan, "only kind of added to it. The first two lines — the basic prayer — remain the same. But then instead of saying Ishwar Allah teronaam, sabkosanmatide bhagwan, I say uthkarkarnehaikuchkaamto express change."

Amitabh Bachchan, who plays a Gandhian in the film, says the director's vision makes him feel patriotic. "We have all lived with certain songs we will never forget. There are some songs that every nation has, which are like anthems for them. Raghupati Raghav Raja Ram is one such. All these songs are ingrained in us and every time we hear it, we get goosebumps," says Bachchan.

Does Jha feel he will have to face ire for the changes? He says, "No. It'sa universal prayer that Mahatma Gandhi used to sing. I have just added on to it. I think it's a natural progression. With time, we add on to such prayers when we express our sentiments. I don't expect any ire."

Bachchan adds, "The changes have been made in accordance with the story of the film and therefore, in the context of the story of the film, they are legitimate."

Satyagraha, produced by UTV Motion Pictures and Prakash Jha Productions, releases August 30.

Lyrics of the revised bhajan
Ab tak dheeraj maanga tha, Prabhu ab dheeraj mat dena
Sehte jaayen sehte jaayen, Aisa bal bhi mat dena
Uthkar karne hain kuch kaam, Raghupati Raghav Raja Ram

ShamrozSays thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

During the Launch of the song Raghupati Raghav Raja Ram from Satyagraha

Minionite thumbnail
Ah she is so beautiful. 😊
Sam_KaShian thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
wanna see her with shahid again :)
Minionite thumbnail
Amitabh Bachchan leaves a hangover of himself: Amrita Rao

Rao said that she is still in the superstar's hangover.

"What do I say about working with Mr Bachchan? The day just flies and you don't even realize while you are working with him," she said.

"He leaves a hangover of himself especially after pack-up when you come back home, the way he speaks, his voice, his sense of humour everything just mesmerizes you and you are left with a hangover of him at the end of the day", she added.

The film, which talks about the uprising of, the middle class against a corrupt and unjust system is set to release on August 30th.