Sivakarthikeyan 'Directors should mould me' TOI

PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 12 years ago
'Directors should mould me'

...says Sivakarthikeyan, who is seen as a bankable actor in K-town today

This young man rose from TV anchor to actor and has been showered with accolades for his onscreen performance. He is also seen as a bankable actor today. Sivakarthikeyan, who signed on three films even before a single release, says, "I signed on Marina as Pandiraj is a National Awardwinner and I thought it would be sensible to work with him. My second movie with Dhanush was a wonderful achievement. I have been following him on screen for years and to share screen space with him was great. Ezhil's USP is family entertainers and I decided to do his movie for that."
Selvaraghavan's Irandaam Ulagam was a project he was supposed to be part of but he has bagged two other projects in place — a Dhanush production and another Pandiraj film. On Dhanush's film, he says, "There's an opportunity to perform and it's a realistic Chennai-based subject." Once again he essays the simpleton and not a stylish urban guy. Does he feel he can't pull off such a role? "I believe it's up to the director to mould me into the character. I want to prove that I am a good actor before I take on challenging roles. I don't want to experiment too much. The audience expects humour and that's what I am focusing on," he says.
As for his second Pandiraj film, which is a comedy, Siva says, "The person who noticed me was Pandiraj. I had a desire to become an actor but I wasn't sure if I could land the roles. He's the one who gave me confidence that I could do lead roles. I think I can learn more from him."
Ask him if he wants to continue with TV and he says he's already cut down to one show now due to movie assignments. But he does continue to host stage shows due to his sense of humour. He says, "I have a natural sense of humour but how to use it effectively for stage and cinema is something I worked on. Even if it's satirical humour it has to be pleasing to people — it shouldn't hurt anyone."
LS

Sivakarthikeyan

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SweetyGreen thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Thanks Chal didi for sharing this news..👏