anu_sakshi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

'Madhubala Is An Opposite of Geet' - Drashti Dhami

Category: CELEBRITIES
Published Date
Fuze
Hits: 226

Colors TV and Saurabh Tewari's most awaited show Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon had a grand entry as per our sources, the press conference was a huge success.For the first time in the history of Indian Television a daily soap is treated no less than a premiere of a Bollywood flick, yes you heard it right, as we reported earlier Madhubala had a premiere called 'First Day First Show' with a red carpet. This show promises a lot as media reported, it has all the flavours, of action, suspense, romance and drama.

We got in touch with bubbly and beautiful Drashti Dhami who plays the title role Madhubala, and looks sizzling and fit. We asked her about her beauty's secret, she laughed saying '' Thanks, I've put on a bit of weight, but I am trying to lose, not like diet honestly, but it should be by artistic Yoga and whenever I get time I go for a jog, because I can't tolerate gym machines, I had been there twice, but third time, I was like oh, how boring, I am only on a sea food diet, I see sea food and eat"(she smiles)

We asked Drashti as for Madhubala, it's a big name in India, it's a lot of pressure for an actress to be put under such a known name, she said "I didn't think I would feel any pressure, but after watching everyone's performance in the show, I have goosebumps, I didn't feel like watching a TV show, but thought I was watching a movie, so I think, you can't say it's pressure, but yes, I have to put in a lot of hard work and I am all set for it'

Talking about her beauty, Drashti has one of the most expressive and beautiful eyes amongst Indian actresses today. In the serial her eyes are getting a lot of attention by the camera, Drashti says "Make-up is normal, a lot of people like me with kajal, otherwise nothing special I use".

Drashti has a very beautiful presence on-screen, she told us about the best compliment she received so far" My camera man from Geet used to say, when he looks through the lens and shut his left eye, he falls in love with the image that he sees '...As for Madhubala's beauty if she has to say something about her, she says " I would be speechless in front of her, I would be like a a a, not able to speak, I would try to say if I can be your DOP and just be like you'

Drashti feels very proud to be a part of her upcoming show Madhubala, she says " I am very proud to be part of such a big show and honestly it's very different from the regular shows we watch, so that is one thing that excited me to do the show and again I am saying, I am nervous, but I am ready for it"

As per Drashti's character in the show, she has a very simple look, she says "Actually the story is about this girl who is born and brought up in Mumbai and her motto in life is simple life and simple dreams, she is not ambitious at all, she is very happy doing her own things, bas uske bindi, uske dupatta, uske bangles, bas she doesn't want more of it. Fame is like a film set, as she is born on the film set, it's her second home, my mom lives in a junior artist society, but there are some directions that she never wants to go and some incident happen in life that stardom is forced on to her, she is forced to do a movie and how she deals with it, because she doesn't want to do it, but somehow there is some hidden talent in her which she hasn't realised, but she apparently has done really well in the movies, but she still doesn't want to do, because this is not what she wants in life'.

As per the upcoming track, Madhubala stays along with her mom in Mumbai, does it mean Madhubala is there, just because she wants money or is it love? Is RK (Vivan D'sena) the one who is responsible for her to be in limelight? There are many of questions in the viewers mind, Drashti says 'Honestly speaking, I don't know the script, I haven't started shooting yet, I have shot only for a day before yesterday, I did a night scene thats all I have shot, so I really don't know exactly, the first few episodes I am not even part of it, I start entering when the overtime will start (laughs)'

Talking about her character's preparation, Drashti says, 'Not really any preparation as per look, it's my own hair, with a few straight flicks and I am using bindi'

Drashti as Geet has been very popular on television, to get that image out of the viewers' mind might be a very difficult task and a challenge to Drashti, she says 'It is honestly going to be very difficult, because when you are doing something for two years,you so get used to, in the way to how you look to your co-actor, you know in a scene, you always have a special way of looking at it you, so I have to change all of that, even the way of my lines, I still whenever I do a scene, the word 'oye' slip out of my mouth, but I can't use that anymore, so I have to break down, a lot of changes have to happen, because this girl (Madhubala) is not very bubbly firstly, she is not very serious, but she is a bit mature, a bit calm and I think Geet was the opposite' …. 'Audience can cherish Geet, but it's the time to move on and accept me as Madhubala'

The show had a lot of buzz and attention as per the name of it, the speculation was 'Is the show about the legendary actress Madhubala, If not then why has it been named Madhubala?, Drashti says 'It's not, the show is not about Madhubala, it's not about any particular character, it's about 100 years tribute we people are dedicating to the Indian film industry, so it's about all the characters, it's about a spotboy, it's about a junior artist, it's about one actor, it's about the other actresses, it's about an item girl, it's about everybody, where they are in real life, you know whenever we see Shah Rukh Khan, we are like what is he wearing? With whom he came? In which car he came? Whom he must be talking with? What they are eating? When they are angry? What they do when they are angry? How they sit home? What they are wearing in their house? So it's somewhere in line of that… It's what the actors are in real life'

You might be surprise that Drashti has never seen any of Madhubala's films, but she loves the song 'Haal Kaisa Hai Janab Ka?'

People must be surprised to know that Drashti never follows any diet, but still she looks so fit, knowing more about it, Drashti is a Gujrati, who are known for loving some kind of food, Drashti says 'No, I don't like sweets, so that is a blessing, I don't eat much sweets, chocolate yes are my weakness, but yes, I can manage, so I cut down and I am a vegetarian'.

Drashti's character is very positive, is there anything Drashti adopted from her character into her personal life or she can change anything from herself as her character is a very positive, kind of a inspiration? Drashti says, 'Maybe when I start shooting, like in Geet it used to happen when I used to do my initial scenes and there were scenes where they put poison in my mouth and when the baby dies and all these things, I started staying depressed at home also, it used to be all glycerin, but here I can be more happy I think, you can say, not ambitious, but I know what I want in life'.

Drashti didn't want to join acting at all, but in real life her family came to cherish Drashti at the premiere of Madhubala, Drashti says, 'I tell you honestly, like you say Gujrati family, nobody in my family had been in this field, not even now, not even remotely close, not even accounting of big person or anything, so I was never keen, because I knew that I would not get permission from my family, so it makes no difference, I didn't even try, so I always wanted to become a stylist or a designer, my mom wanted me to become an architect which is too much of brainer work for me to do (smiles), so when I have to do a music video (Saiyan Dil Main Aana Re), I had to ask 10 people in my house, before they agreed to a music video, there was like non-stop calling in my house, because my maasi said to my maasa and my maasa told my jiju, so everyone was like you plan to get in this and I was like dude guys relax and my cousin was the only one who told everybody that trust me, she wont do anything wrong, trust me, I know her and I think that is how it is today they are here, because they know that whatever I am doing is right'

Talking about her co-star in Madhubala Vivian D'sena, Drashti says 'Oh, he is a very nice guy... about the pairing, like I told you earlier, I haven't started shooting yet, so I can't really comment, but I am sure, we're gonna hit it of really well'

Talking about her college days, many viewers must be wondering if Drashti used to do acting there or not, Drashti says about it 'Main college to jaate nahi thi (laughs), aur school I used to take part in dance and took part in one play, but nothing like really'

To know about her acting perfection, how can it be so good, telling about the secret, Drashti says, 'Thank you (smiles) Is that a compliment?' ….

Drashti is known for her beautiful dancing skills as well, many must be wondering if Drashti joined any dance classes or was trained before for Bharat Natyam like kuch classical, Drashti says 'I did it in my childhood then I used to be a dance instructor and I had like 20 children around under me, I used to do it for pocket money, I used to teach them, but once I did modelling then I couldn't be very regular with it, because you have to give time for it and you have to go for an audition or a meeting, so then I just stopped it'.

Many must be not knowing that Suhasi Dhami who is in Zee TV popular show (Yahan Mein Ghar Ghar Kheli) is Drashti's bhabi, asking Drashti about it since she mentioned that nobody of her family is in the field, Drashti says, 'Oh she is my bhabhi, but she still entered much later, when I entered, she wasn't in the part, this is what I mean' (she smiles)

We wish Drashti lots of success with Madhubala and may she get lots more success in her life ahead.

The first episode of Madhubala –Ek Ishq ek Junoon which airs tomorrow, 28th May at 8.30 pm will be an hour long.Stay tuned to Fuze as we update you with the latest.

Reporter and Author: Zainab

Editor: Hina

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Amoureux thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for sharing 😊 Nice interview
-DeathEater- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks 4 sharing!
I always love to read DD's interviews!
She is truly beauty with brains :)
harshdb thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
wow.. very long artical... thanks for sharing... i guess Rk will the reason for her limelight.. as the logo of the madhubala (poster) showing it...
utopia88 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks for the article! 😊
mishtimagic thumbnail
I LUV U DRASHTI CANT SAY HOW MUCH SWEETHEART.
DDbiggestfan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Lovely interview 👏
always love her for her honesty 😳
piya- thumbnail
wow what an interview😛
loved each an every word of it
DD is so sweet and down to earth
love u my princess and waiting for the first show of the biggest serial on tv to air

Vishti rocks

lov-Piya
TanuDDian thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

aww fabulous interview drashti...

thanks for sharing dear
drashlove thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thanks 4 sharing!

drashti bahut sweet hai , honestly bolthi hai, fans ka bahut dyan rakthi hai