I Know You Guys Will Disagree..

butterfly15.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
But I think Drashti is more attractive than Madhubala was.. Sorry..

But ever since I read the article where Saurabh Tewari said that he picked Drashti for the show partly because she looks like Madhubala, it has been bugging me. I don't really see how they look alike.
I believe Drashti is absolutely beautiful Masha'Allah, but I don't really think this of Madhubala, who was of course attractive in her own way.

I know you guys will probably hate me for saying this as I know many people love Madhubala, but this is just my personal opinion, so I hope I didn't offend you guys. I'm sorry if I did.

Edited by butterfly15.. - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-anoshka- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
its not like that...drasthi is beautiful and so was madhubala...even after so many decades she lives in the hearts of millions...so in a way, she is a princess of hearts...she is the icon of beauty in hindi cinemas...they say, her true beauty could never be captured via any camera-lens. you know in those days actors/actresses and directors were not as privileged as they are are now technology wise...madhubala's beauty has been praised by foreign photographers of that time as well..it was a huge deal at that time...

Drasthi is today's girl. She is beautiful no doubt, bu in my opionion, she does resemble Madhubala a bit though...both have huge expressive eyes...and their smile..so full of innocence that it brightens their faces...

you know i'm a huge fan of DD, after knowing she was to play in a tv serial called madhubala, i really wanted to know who madhubala was and found this wonderful video on youtube, which helped me with lots of my questions...i'm posting the link here so that you can have a look too whenever you're free😊

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDLomdrckaM

(i'm not saying the video i posted above is the accurate one but have a look anyways, i did have couple others as well on my bookmark, but ive lost them now, maybe later i'll share them with you if i find them)
butterfly15.. thumbnail
@deszired

Please don't get me wrong. I think Madhubala was beautiful.. But I guess I just prefer Drashti, maybe because I have seen more of her..

I guess it's a bit like how some people like Katrina Kaif, but others Priyanka Chopra, and others Kareena Kapoor..

-anoshka- thumbnail
no no..please dont get me wrong...i totally understand what you mean...i dont know a lot about madhubala too..and even i like drasthi...but just wanted to clear few things about madhubala as you didnt know much of her...:) dont worry, like i said, i'm a huge drasthi fan as well and for me if she's been compared with madhubala, its kind of a huge compliment, even drasthi said so in her interview..so no worries yea?! πŸ˜‰

plus..
and like you mentioned priyanka,katrina,kareena, they belong to the same era..and madhubala belonged to a different one...so in a way its a great honour for drasthi as there is no one in the industry who doesnt respect MB.

Edited by deszired - 12 years ago
utopia88 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
It's okay! Don't worry! Everyone is allowed to have different opinions. 😊

True, DD is a natural beauty but Madhubala was beautiful as well in her own way. They are both natural beauties in my opinion. 😊
butterfly15.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: deszired

no no..please dont get me wrong...i totally understand what you mean...i dont know a lot about madhubala too..and even i like drasthi...but just wanted to clear few things about madhubala as you didnt know much of her...:) dont worry, like i said, i'm a huge drasthi fan as well and for me if she's been compared with madhubala, its kind of a huge compliment, even drasthi said so in her interview..so no worries yea?! πŸ˜‰

Sorry, I thought you might have misunderstood me.. Thanks for the clarification..😊
I know Madhubala was huge in India, and is still loved today, but you are right I haven't seen much of her..
Both are beautiful..😳
-anoshka- thumbnail

Originally posted by: butterfly15..

Sorry, I thought you might have misunderstood me.. Thanks for the clarification..😊
I know Madhubala was huge in India, and is still loved today, but you are right I haven't seen much of her..
Both are beautiful..😳

no problems dear:) i wanted to turn this topic pink as well, therefore ended up commenting so many timesπŸ˜‰ plus this was a very interesting topic to discuss with..:) tc
640117 thumbnail
Lol you didn't bash anyone so why will people get angry? It is your opinion 😊
Well, I think Madhubala and DD both are very beautiful. I know this will be a shocker for all as I am huge dd fan and never even watched any madhubala's movie; however, I think Madhubala is very beautiful. I saw one of her song from Mughal-e-azam and OMG, she was gorgeous😍

love-everyone thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Both are beautiful ..
No worries you wrote what you feel :))
-Firebolt- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Yea, I totally know what you mean bcz even I haven't seen much of Madhubalaji...just a couple of scenes from mughal-e-azam (don't know how to spell that)...but I feel that she must have been the prettiest lady of her era and DD is the prettiest lady (at least for me) in today's times.