Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anitha.b thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 19 years ago

Originally posted by: innocentindian

I think the indian audience will be able to handle it as long as it does NOT become incestuous...

agreed with you inncentIndia. I hope they don't show something unconceivable. Just the thought of it makes me feel so scratchy.
peaches thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: koihai

hmmm so Mr. Sinha is exploring the famous or should I say infamous Oedipal Complex. Interesting. But I don't think it's going to work in India . C'mon Mr. Sinha was it necessary to make Sia fall for Anand, I mean she could have developed respect for him, but I think the Indian audience is not going to be able to digest this, especially if he shows Abhi reciprocating Sia's feelings at some level. But I think we should not come to a judgement so soon. I am holding on to my views until Mr. Sinha completes this story. I want to see how he handles it. In an earlier serial of his, Justajoo, which aired on Zee eons ago, he had dealt with a very delicate subject (a woman falling for her sister's husband) but in a conventional and tame way ( the man returns to his wife in the end) My guess is that before Sia's feelings develop further, she's going to somehow check herself. Or maybe Anand will suppress his feelings for Sia realizing that it's not acceptable. But for now, Astitva is definitely becoming imminently watchable. At least it has something new and interesting to offer, unlike the K serials which are becoming progressively mundane.

Good points, but it's all about keeping an open mind. Let's wait to see what happens.

kiran91748 thumbnail
do you mean abhi or sid?😕