'Aayushman' to go off-air in May

Nankri thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

'Aayushman' to go off-air in May

The recent poor run of Cinevistaas on Indian television continues. Not so long ago, Sanjivani- A Medical Boon (Star

Sudeep Sahir

Plus) went haywire and had to be withdrawn. Saaksshi (Sony) and Saathiya (Sahara) were pulled off midway. Now, it's Aayushman.

The daily show starring Sudeep Sahir on Sony will come to a premature end in May. On date, 160 episodes of the show have been telecast. The contract was for 194 episodes, and obviously, Cinevistaas were hoping for an extension.

When contacted, Sudeep Sahir who plays the title role said, "I would not like to comment until I hear it officially from either Cinevistaas or Sony," but added, "No matter what, Aayushman has given me a big platform to showcase my talent. I have learnt many aspects of acting. It has been a wonderful experience."

Cinevistaas' Creative Director Siddharth Malhotra was far more forthcoming, "The show is going off air. We are disappointed. We would have loved if this hadn't happened. But what to do? The channel has taken a call," he said, adding, "Sony officials have informed us about the termination but the official letter is still to come."

What could have gone wrong? Does he feel that Sony did not market the serial well, like frankly, nowhere near how much they did for Jaasi..., Indian Idol and to an extent even Ye Meri Life Hai? Evading the question, Malhotra says, "No comments. There are many reasons why a serial does not do well. We have no problems with Sony. There is another daily on Sony which we shall be launching in near future. We will be back on the small screen in a big way."

Cinevistaas' next offering on tube is Palki on Zee TV. The serial will see the light of day almost at the same time when Aayushman ends.

Rucha Gujrathi (Kali of Ekta Kapoor and Sony's Kkusum) will not play the lead role in Palki. The petite Rucha was the front runner in the contenders' race. Says Malhotra, "We have boiled down to three other names. Rucha is blocked with Kkusum on the first fifteen days of every month. We wanted the same days from her. So, it did not work out. The final choice shall soon be announced."

Meanwhile, Sahir, who has done a few ads as well, is meeting up with producers and channel officials. "There are a few things in the pipeline. Hopefully, something good should soon materialise," he signs off on an optimistic note.

No prizes for guessing that Vinod Singh (the original lead actor who was kicked out after he beat up a painter who seemingly had bumped into one of his female co-actors Neha) is chuckling away.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bhangra rulez thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญI'm gonna miss watching the show!
sukh thumbnail
thax for the info. & feel sorry for the show...๐Ÿ˜ญ
Mrs.Brett Lee thumbnail
I AM FEELING SO SAD IT IS GOING TO FINISH.๐Ÿ˜ก
Jots thumbnail

yaaay yipee yay, its gonna go 4eva ๐Ÿ˜†, sos

Jots

Selina thumbnail
I stopped watching like a month ago. But I hope it doesn't get replaced by another "K" show. ๐Ÿคข
Selina thumbnail

Here's another article from mid-day:

Ayushmaan bids adieu
   By: Tushar Joshi
   April 27, 2005

[email protected]
Sudeep Saahir as Ayushmaan
Sony's doctor drama Ayushmaan is on its last legs. The story of a teenage wonder doctor, loosely based on the American hit, Doogie Howser MD, Ayushmaan will see an end next month.

Tarun Katial of Sony confirms this news says, "Yes the show will go off air next month." When asked why the channel pulled the rug, he says, "Ayushmaan did have a good story but some shows make it while others don't."

The show had its share of drama, with the lead actor Vinod Singh being replaced by Sudeep Sahir. Singh was sacked from the show for creating a nuisance on the sets.

But recently expressed his desire to get back on the drama. However, that seems impossible now, with the channel's latest decision.

Cinevistaa's Siddharth Malhotra said, "There are a lot of factors which go into a show's making.

It is a team effort and in our case every team member has given his or her 100 per cent to make sure Ayushmaan has a smooth running. Of course you feel sad that the show is over, but we would rather look into the future than fret over the past."

The show began on a youthful note with the focus being on the doctor and his hospital. However, the track digressed into a romantic story with the hospital taking a back seat. "The channel and the producers decide where the story has to go. I would not like to comment on the shift in track."

Ayushmaan's leading man Sudeep Sahir was unavailable for comment.

The show now airs at a changed timing of 3 pm from Monday to Thursday.

[email protected]

mehvishrainbow2 thumbnail

which drama going to replace Ayushmaan in May?

Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
OMG No way this cant end !!!!!!!! Its one of my favorite shows !oh well I hope its not replaced by and Ekta show! if it is it better be a good one like KYPH!
OmNaMaSteOm thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญEven though it's ending I wish it ends in Sonia and Ayushmaan get married๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›and That Kavya dies in a car accident๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›...