Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy Makes It To Time's 100 Most

chaha_khan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy Makes It To Time's 100 Most Influential People List

The Time magazine has named Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy in their 2012 TIME 100, the magazine's annual list of the 100 most influential people in the world. The full list, which also includes Barack Obama, Harvey Weinstein, Hillary Clinton, Catherine Duchess of Cambridge and Adele, will appear in the April 30th issue of TIME. The list, now in its ninth year, recognises the activism, innovation and achievement of the world's most influential individuals.

As TIME Managing Editor Richard Stengel has said of the list in the past, "The TIME 100 is not a list of the most powerful people in the world, it's not a list of the smartest people in the world, it's a list of the most influential people in the world. They're people who are using their ideas, their visions and actions to transform the world and have an effect on a multitude of people." As a member of the TIME 100, Sharmeen has been invited to attend the annual TIME 100 Gala on April 24, at the Lincoln Center in New York City where many current and former TIME 100 members are brought together including the world's leading figures in politics, technology, science, philanthropy, media, business and entertainment. Past guests have included Elton John, Oprah Winfrey, Carlos Slim, Amy Poehler, Elizabeth Warren and Kathryn Bigelow.
On being featured in the TIME 100 list, Sharmeen said: "It is a privilege and an honour to be featured on such a prestigious list; I am grateful to be recognised for my work and would like to extend my gratitude for being selected. Women are telling examples of the ways in which Pakistani's are stepping up to support their fellow citizens and I am proud that their work is being recognised and commended."

Edited by chaha_khan - 12 years ago