Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: Sushant_Salman_

Hi Sri๐Ÿ˜Š
my IF frnd called me Taz๐Ÿ˜ณ

Hi Taz. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Where are you from?
Minionite thumbnail

People keep asking me to recommend them: Salman

Salman Khan on why he doesn't handpick participants for 'Bigg Boss 6' and making the content more family-friendly

September 27, 2012

Mumbai
Sonali Joshi Pitale

With the sixth season of Bigg Boss almost around the corner, Salman Khan is all geared up to take up the reigns as the show's host once again. Interestingly this time, the actor has decided to make certain changes to the show's format to make the content more audience-friendly. However, Sallu points out that he has absolutely no hand in deciding who gets into the Bigg Boss house.

Photos: Salman Khan unveils 'Bigg Boss 6'

A change in format... why?
I thought that on last year's show, there was too much screaming and shouting in the house. That is why it was pushed to the 11 pm time slot indicating that the show is damaging to our culture. I wanted it to be a family entertainer so that people from the age group of six to 60 can watch it.

Do you have a say on who gets selected for the show?
No I don't get into that. Too many people keep asking me to recommend their names. Then it becomes difficult for me to either choose or drop them. During the last season too, I got to know people once I had shot with them.

But don't you think certain people on the show become the victims of circumstances?
The actual personality of a person tends to come through in such situations. Some of them act, some don't. Some former housemates have confessed to me that after two or three days in the house, they did not feel the cameras around them anymore. We are trying to bring well-behaved people on our show this time but we cannot guarantee if they will remain so inside the house.

This season will also have a common man in the house.
People who work for social causes are welcome to join the house. If you have done good work but people don't know about it, you can apply.

Will you miss Sanjay Dutt this year?
Yes, I will miss him. Last year I got busy with my work and this year he is busy with his film commitments.

Minionite thumbnail

Actor launches the new season of the popular reality show, which he has been hosting since the last 3 seasons, at a press meet. Pics/Bipin Kokate

Minionite thumbnail

Salman-Katrina in Ek Tha Tiger OR Shahrukh-Katrina in Jab Tak Hai Jaan?

Updated: Wednesday, September 26, 2012, 15:45 [IST]
Posted by: Puri

The entire nation is talking about Shahrukh Khan and Katrina Kaif's hot scenes in Jab Tak Hai Jaan. The trailer of the movie got viral on net within few minutes of its release. This is the first time Shahrukh and Katrina are coming together for a movie. But is Shahrukh Khan and Katrina Kaif's jodi in Jab Tak Hai Jaan is better than Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif's jodi in Ek Tha tiger?

Ek Tha Tiger is one of the highest grosser films of 2012. Ek Tha Tiger collected about 200 crore at the Box-Office. Not only this, the movie grossed 100 crores in first five days of its release. People loved the sizzling chemistry between the lead pair, salman Khan-Katrina Kaif, in the movie. But some people think that Shahrukh Khan and Katrina Kaif will not be able to create the same magic on screen as ETT, as they think that Shahrukh Khan is looking very old and is not suitable to play the lover boy in movies at this age. Well, we love both the pairs equally.

What do you think who is hotter Salman-Katrina in Ek Tha Tiger or Shahrukh-Katrina in Jab Tak Hai Jaan?

Minionite thumbnail

Which is Salman Khan's favourite song in Ek Tha Tiger?

Updated: Thursday, September 27, 2012, 11:37 [IST]
Posted by: Puri

Salman Khan broke all the Box-Office records with his latest film Ek Tha Tiger. Not only the film but the songs also were a big hit. But it seems that Salman Khan's favourite song in the movie was 'Mashallah' as he asked Sajid-Wajid to specially compose this song for Ek Tha Tiger.

Talking about 'Mashallah', Wajid Khan told a website, "Mashallah' is mashallah. We had composed the tune of the song and never thought it would feature in the film Ek Tha Tiger. We had once made Salman Khan listen to the tune and he quite liked it. Since we weren't composing for the film, we thought it would be unethical from our end to suggest the song for the film."

Wajid further added, "Once, when we were casually discussing the song with Salman bhai, who had by then forgotten the song, he was super excited. He gave us few suggestions and asked us to prepare for it. And later asked us to give a demo. After listening to 'Mashallah', Aditya Chopra asked us to give the song as it was."

No doubt, 'Mashallah' is one of the most melodious songs of Ek Tha Tiger!

Minionite thumbnail
Watch Salman Khan shooting for "Bigg Boss 6" Promo:

http://ibnlive.in.com/videos/295467/watch-salman-khan-shooting-for-bigg-boss-6-promo.html
Minionite thumbnail

'Bigg Boss 6' to be a family show, promises Salman Khan

Mumbai: Actor Salman Khan, who returns as a host for the sixth season of reality show 'Bigg Boss', says, though controversies form the part of the show but the winners have always been dignified. "Through controversies contestants feel they can go ahead in the show. The participants who were in the 'Bigg Boss' house thought if they would fight they will be seen more on the show for publicity. But one must not forget that the winners on the show have always been dignified people," Salman told reporters here last evening at the press conference of the show.

Last year, when Mahek Chahel was one of the contestants on the show, there were reports that Salman had recommended her, considering that she had worked with him in superhit film 'Wanted'.

"I don't want to recommend anyone...I don't want to be biased and partial," the 'Dabangg' Khan stressed. This time, however, Salman has promised that it would

be a 'family' show.

"The show will now be aired at family time...prime time at 9 PM everyday. Until last year, the show used to start from 10.30 PM. Now we would connect with the whole family this time," he noted.

"During the last season, I had to intervene as the situation was out of control as I was getting feedback from everyone. I don't like to intervene," he said.

Salman, who is riding high on the success of his fourth consecutive blockbuster 'Ek Tha Tiger', this time wants common man to join him on 'Big Boss'.

People are being asked to send an SMS or log on to the website of the Colors channel, which airs the show. They will have to participate in a contest to appear on 'Bigg Boss 6'. Also a parrot and fish will be the new elements in the

'Big Boss' house this time.

Salman, who has always been a trendsetter through his movies, will be seen sporting a french beard and a new wardrobe on the show and has even shot promos in this avatar.

"The look was meant only for the promos," Salman said. 'Bigg Boss' sees celebrity contestants staying in a house for about three months, cut off from the outside world. They are overseen by a 'mysterious person', the 'Bigg Boss'.

This will be Salman's third time as the 'Bigg Boss' host, which has been earlier hosted by celebrities like Amitabh Bachchan and Shilpa Shetty.

The superstar, who had co-hosted the last season with actor friend Sanjay Dutt, will now be hosting the show alone. The show will go on air from October 7 everyday at 9 PM on Colors channel.

Minionite thumbnail

Bigg Boss 6 starts on October 7 on Colors TV

Posted by Kanchana Devi on September 24, 2012 in Entertainment, Exclusive, News

Mumbai, Sep 24 (TruthDive): CEO of Colors TV Raj Nayak said the sixth season of the reality show Bigg Boss hosted by Bollywood superstar Salman Khan is all set to launch on 7th October.

On September 22, Colors TV aired the first episode of 'India's Got Talent.' Raj Nayak is hopeful that both the shows will come out to be blockbuster shows and will offer a good push in terms of GRPs.

They have put in extra efforts and time for this season of Bigg Boss to reinvent the making and to give out lot of entertainment through the show. The main aim for this attempt is to make Bigg Boss 6 as a complete family show. So, unlike previous year when the show was aired at 11 pm, the show will be aired this year at 9 pm.

Bigg Boss 6 is offered with the tagline 'Alag che', which literally means 'different,' which denotes differentiation of the show from the previous seasons.

During the launch of Bigg Boss 6, Salman Khan said that the show would connect the whole family in this season. There would be a lot of fun while watching the action between housemates inside the Bigg Boss house. Bigg Boss house would also have 'alag' personalities, with their eccentricities and quirks.

When commenting about Bigg Boss 6, Raj Nayak said Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, the dance show is about dancing with Stars, but Bigg Boss, the reality show is about camping with Stars. In each season, the channel brings something innovative and this time the show has opened the Bigg Boss house to common man "aam aadmi."

He said the whole attempt behind is to convert the show into a wholesome family entertainment in a much organized manner, without removing the soul of the format. While talking about the host of the show, he said Salman Khan has a universal appeal โ€“ he is loved by everybody; from a 7-year old to a 70-year old.

Minionite thumbnail

Top 10 sizzling performances on Bigg Boss

Sep 26, 2012, 12.00AM IST
inShare
Bigg Boss season 6- Alag Che is ready to hit the TV screen soon from 6 October 2012. Amidst all the promises been made regarding the shows content and contestants roped in, Bigg Boss continues to hog the limelight. But for the time been we bring to you some hot and sizzling dance performances that grabbed eyeballs in the previous season's of Bigg Boss. We list down Top 10 sizzling performances on Bigg Boss.
Reality show Bigg Boss season 5 TRP shot up after adult film actress Sunny Leone entered the house. The reality show in no time got many new ardent fans after Sunny performed a raunchy pole dance in the house.
Baywatch star and Playboy magazine cover model Pamela Anderson does the hot dance number for housemates on Madhuri Dixit's Dhak Dhak karne laga from Beta. Dressed in a green sarong wrap dress, Pamela showed off her sexy dance moves on the show.
Mahek was always considered as Salman's favorite girl on the show. The item girl who has peppy dance numbers to her credit performed on jalebi bai. Although she was not prepared for her performance Mahek managed to put up a good show with her sexy hip movements.
Sherlyn Chopra who is known of shedding of her clothes at the drop of a hat used Bigg Boss as a platform to showcase her curvaceous body. The sexy lass performed a striptease dance for her house mates.
Whether it her participation in Bigg Boss or doing item numbers in Bollywood films this Pakistani beauty Veena Malik has always made headlines. And at the grand finale episode of Bigg Boss 5, Veena once again grabbed many eyeballs with her bold moves.
A lot of controversies took place when Bigg Boss announced Monica Bedi as one of their contestants. Her stay on the show was full of roller coaster ride and her romance with Rahul Mahajan also hogged limelight. But with her sparkling dance and expressions the actress managed to impress viewers.
Shweta Tiwari also known as the winner of Bigg Boss season 4 performed a special dance act on the final night of season 5. The actress who is known as one of the great dancers on TV and has also done some item numbers in Bollywood won many hearts. The yummy mummy Shweta performed some of the latest Bollywood hits.
When we talk about sizzling and hot performances on Bigg Boss the list will be incomplete without one name and that is of Rakhi Sawant. The item girl and drama queen is full one entertainment and her performance in the video is full paisa vasool.
Claudia Ciesla is one more name in the list of foreigner celebrity on Bigg Boss. Claudia who performed dance before her arrival in the Bigg Boss house chose to wear a saree and looked extremely pretty. Claudia gave a spectacular performance on desi girl.
Shraddha Sharma who is very popular for her wardrobe malfunction in the industry performed on jalebi bai. Her expressions on the songs was loved by Salman and during her stay at the Bigg Boss house Salman often asked her to repeat the steps with the same expression.

Minionite thumbnail
Bigg Boss 6 Launch Videos:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow483JMAHFs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwG2R1dXEIY&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vy2f4Y_d44&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]