Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Salman Khan attends screening of Kareena's Heroine with veteran actresses

Updated: Thursday, September 20, 2012, 15:46 [IST]
Posted by: Puri
Madhur Bhandarkar held a special screening of his upcoming film Heroine starring Kareena Kapoor. The screening was specially arranged for superstar Salman Khan, Salman's family and veteran actresses. The screening of Heroine, produced by UTV Motion Pictures and Bhandarkar Entertainment, was held at Ketnav in Mumbai.

Madhur Bhandarkar's wife Renu played the perfect hostess at the special screening of her husband's latest film Heroine. Veteran actresses like, Asha Parekh, Sadhana, Waheeda Rehman, Shammi Aunty were there to watch the film. Also, Salman Khan's father Salim Khan, his mother Salma Khan, step mother Helen and sister Alvira Khan (married to actor/ filmmaker Atul Agnihitri) also attended the special screening of the movie. Interestingly, Salman's ex-girlfriend also accompanied Salman and his family to the screening.

Heroine is the story of an actress and her journey towards stardom. It is said that the movie is based on the real life incidents of Bollywood actors. The movie stars Kareena Kapoor in the lead role.

Minionite thumbnail

Salman Khan: 'I don't want to live the life of a star'

Published Thursday, Sep 20 2012, 5:44am EDT | By Priya Joshi |

PA Images

Salman Khan has said he doesn't enjoy the trappings that come with stardom.

In an interview with The Times of India, the Ek Tha Tiger actor said that while he has a close connection with his fans, he would prefer to live a simpler life.

"I am one guy who doesn't want to live the life of a star. I want to eat, enjoy with my friends and travel around - I don't want the trappings that come with being a star," he explained.

"Yes, it feels wonderful to see so much of people appreciating my work. I think it's the way I speak that acts as a bond with people. I am honest and I speak from my heart. That's why I connect with people."

Khan, who has been working in films for over 20 years, said that while he watches a broad range of movies, he prefers the action genre.

"Yes, I do watch a lot of films," he said. "I watch two/three films in a week. There was a time when I used to watch two/three films in a day. There are times when I don't have time to watch films because of my hectic shooting schedules. But then I make a list of films to watch. I love watching back-to-back films.

"Right now, I have two films to watch - one is an action flick and the other is a rom com. If there's a rona-dhona kind of film, I might just postpone watching it. However I must say that the same could be a nice film in the end. But my first choice is action."

The 46-year-old actor, who has broken box office records with recent releases such as Dabanggand Ek Tha Tiger, said he is content with his life, though his relationship status is still very much 'single'.

"The present is fine," he commented. "So, I am happy. You never know what life has in store for you. I am trying to be as right as I can be but then I don't know when I will slip and it might go all wrong.

"Relationships just happen without any plans. Right now, no relationships for me."
sadffi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks a ton for the articles😊
sadffi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
ZoobiDoobi thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Kareena, A God Sent Angel!

September 21st

An angel was born, Kareena Kapoor

She is known for her incredible acting skills, mesmerizing looks, amazing fashion sense and a lot more. She is also said to be a gem of a person and all that makes her the heartthrob of the nation.

Kareena FC team has organized a Birthday Thread.

Would like all of you to come wish her. Enjoy the party and have fun with us.

605921 thumbnail

BHAI

Word Count: 1

605921 thumbnail
danks SRI
Minionite thumbnail
Salman Khan's 'Ek Tha Tiger' Becomes The Longest-Running Top Video On Mobiles
Friday, September 21, 2012
Report by OD bureau; New Delhi: While Ranbir may be having all the 'Barfi' this festive season, Salman Khan's Eid ki sawaiyan still taste the sweetest, more than a month after the release of his movie, Ek Tha Tiger, last month on India's Independence Day. Creating records is nothing new for the movie, having made the biggest first day opener, the highest first weekend, the highest Monday collections, and the fastest Rs.100 crores on the box office.

Even as the industry speculates if it can break the record of India's top-grossing Bollywood movie ever, the romantic action thriller from Yash Raj Films has already added yet another feather in its cap. According to the latest Global Video Insights (GVI) report published by Vuclip, the world #1 independent mobile video company, the historic blockbuster has become the longest standing movie to be featured in the most viewed list on mobile devices in India.

Elaborating on the record, Bollywood Bhai's namesake, and Vuclip's Vice President, Business Development – APAC & MEA, Salman Hussain, says, "For the fourth month in a row, Salman Khan's Ek Tha Tiger has been featured among both the most watched video clips as well as the most searched video terms by more than 14 million users of Vuclip in India, making it the longest running top movie title on mobile phones in the country. The Ek Tha Tiger fever shows no signs of subsiding yet among Indian mobile phone users, having been featured in the top ten in our GVI reports for June, July, August and now September. Never have we seen any movie being such a big hit for such a long time. In the last four months, the movie appeared as many as ten times in the Top Ten Most Viewed category, as well as grabbed a rank in the Top Ten Most Searched category each month."

Among these top ten ranks, Ek Tha Tiger was the #1 search term in August and September, while it grabbed the numero uno title of the most watched video clip in the months of June and August.

ETT's rank in Top Ten Videos on Vuclip in India
Month
Top Ten Most Viewed Videos
Top Ten Most Searched videos
Sep
#2, 4, 7, 8
Aug
#1, 9, 10
Jul
#7, 8
Jun

The season is proving to be successful for not just the movie, but also for the mobile video service, Vuclip, which was featured among the top ten most accessed domains in India, according to the latest edition of State of the Mobile Web report released on August 31 by the browser company, Opera Software, based on an analysis of over 205 million users worldwide.

Says Salman Hussain, "With reports of possible Tamil and Telugu remakes of the movie, Ek Tha Tiger still seems to have a lot to offer to its fans, and I won't be surprised if it grabs the top slot yet again on mobile too, which is fast becoming the screen of choice for personalized viewing of video content. Besides over 900 million mobile phone subscribers in India, Frost & Sullivan predicts that there are still another 650 million users that are still untapped, which presents a huge and growing addressable market. It's no wonder that movie producers are increasingly looking at promoting their video clips on mobile to reach out to their fans in every nook and corner of the country."

Vuclip's Starlight Cinema features clips from Bollywood, Hollywood and other cinema. Its exclusive channel South Indian movie clips features movies clips in Telugu, Tamil, Kannada and Malayalam. Vuclip TV offers popular TV shows in Hindi, Telugu, English and other languages on mobile phones. Earlier this year, Vuclip also launched India's first mobile video channel for women, Mira!.
Minionite thumbnail

Salman's Ek Tha Tiger hit by Barfi, Raaz 3 at Box Office

Updated: Friday, September 21, 2012, 16:05 [IST]
Posted by: Shekhar

Finally, Salmania, which was at the peak a few weeks ago, is now at rest. The roaring of Salman Khan's Ek Tha Tiger (ETT) has been completely silenced at the Box Office in India in the fifth week. The business of the movie was affected by the new releases like Ranbir Kapoor's Barfi and Bipasha Basu's Raaz 3.

For three weeks, Ek Tha Tiger did wonderful collection at the domestic Box Office. Until the release of Raaz 3, the movie was not even affected by Akshay Kumar's Joker. Raaz 3 snatched some of the screens from Ek Tha Tiger, thereby sending down its collections to bottom line. Salman-Katrina starrer had collected Rs 3.5 crores nett at the desi collection centres in the fourth week.

Ek Tha Tiger had to give away few more screens to most-anticipated Hindi movie Barfi starring Ranbir Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra and Ileana D'Cruz. With this, its business completely collapsed at the Box Office. It could not even collect Rs 1 crore in fifth week. It has just added Rs 72 lakhs to its 37-day total Rs 199.11 crore nett.

However, Ek Tha Tiger has become an all time blockbuster movie in just couple of weeks. It was expected to cross Rs 200 crore mark at the domestic Box Office. Now, it has come very closer to the bench mark and it needs just Rs 89 lakhs. It should be seen whether it will surpass the record in sixth week.

Stay locked to this space to read updates on its collections.

Minionite thumbnail
Ranbir Kapoor's Barfi gives challenge to Salman Khan's Ek Tha Tiger
Friday, September 21, 2012

Report by Saumya Parida; New Delhi: Cool Ranbir Kapoor's performance in Barfi! gives challenge to Salman Khan's Ek Tha Tiger in box office collection. Ranbir Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra starrer Barfi! earns over 60 crore in 6 days.

Critics opined that 'Barfi!' has done much better business than what one expected till a day before its release. Though till now Salman Khan starrer Ek Tha Tiger earned Rs. 197.27 cr but trade analysts predict Barfi! will continue doing well in big cities on the weekdays as well.

It should be noted that the romantic comedy film Barfi! Has written and directed by Anurag Basu. It tells the story of "Barfi", a mute and deaf Nepali-origin boy in Darjeeling, West Bengal and his relation with two girls, one of whom is autistic. The film stars Ranbir Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra and Ileana D'Cruz in lead roles. Made on a budget of 30 crore (US$5.43 million) ,the film was released on 14 September 2012 across 1300 screens in India.

A boy named Murphy, whom everyone calls "Barfi", is always ready with a prank up his sleeve. He's quite the charmer, especially with the ladies. In Darjeeling, Barfi (Ranbir Kapoor) is the talk of the town, even though he can neither speak nor listen. His bitter-sweet relationship with two beautiful young woman, Shruti (Ileana D'cruz) and Jhilmil (Priyanka Chopra) sets in motion a chain of events that will turn his life upside down.

Ranbir Kapoor plays the role of a deaf-mute Nepali origin boy. Priyanka Chopra will play the role of girl with autism. In addition, Ileana D'Cruz will play the role of the narrator. Basu confirmed that Katrina Kaif was the first choice for the role of the narrator, but she later opted out. The film began shooting on 11 March 2011. The music and background score of the film is composed by Pritam. The soundtrack album has 6 songs.