maankigeet4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

hello everyone...here is a OS i started months ago for Jaz...sorry baby...this is way overdue as your giftπŸ˜†πŸ˜³
And this one is for my siso for another mother...lolz...love u swats...happy birthday again...wishing u all the happiness...but read it tom...πŸ˜³πŸ˜‰ 
Please note that this story lacks logic...i like my stories to have logic and realistic but it didn't work out for this one...i have taken a creative liberty...so read at your own risk...😳

scroll down for the OS πŸ˜³ 
Edited by maankigeet4ever - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

December 14th, 2011

I unlocked the door of the flat and pushed the door open as I let myself in. Even in the dark, I knew where to place my flats before I went through the dark living room knowing the place I wanted to see first. I entered the main bedroom and flicked the lights flooding the room with brightness and immediately my eyes fell onto the painting that hang on the wall right above the bed. It was my all-time favourite creation of him laughing wholeheartedly while he was looking away from me. Later as I was setting up the house, I had put up the painting, making sure it was first image I had coming in and leaving my room; our room. I tossed the keys in the bowl and I went closer to the colorful painting lighting skimming over the canvas

'Hey baby, missing you.", I said giving him a kiss.

I placed my handbag by the desk I had. I was tempted to just sleep in the clothes I had on as I put up my aching feet up. Honestly, being a professor looks easy but teaching university students art was no walk in the park. But, I couldn't complain; I loved my job of teaching others how to put their imagination into images. Giving myself a push, I made my way into the washroom quickly freshening up before I slipped into my pajamas. I went into the kitchen knowing he would scold me if he knew I wasn't eating properly in his absence. I heated up the pasta I had made this morning before settling on the sofa. I saw the answering machine light blinking with messages and pushed the play button before sitting down.

"Hey sister, so I just wanted to let you know that Maya is having a blast with Khushi; the sleepover was a great idea. Anywho, I will have Maya back to you tomorrow afternoon; I could keep her all day tomorrow if you need me to so let me know. And take care and call me if you need to talk. I love you and you know that. Okay..bye then."

Meera's words unknowingly brought back memories. I closed my eyes letting the bittersweet memories pour in.

December 14th, 2004

"Oh come on, can't I take this blindfold off ?', I asked growing impatient with the suspense.

"Nope", was all he said as he kept tugging me along before he finally stopped. I tried waiting patiently as I heard the jiggle of keys.

"Maan!!!", I whined ready to pull the blindfold off.

'You can pull it off if you want but don't complain when it spoils your surprise.", he said and I could tell he was smirking even without even looking at him. I stilled my hand that had gone up to pull the blindfold off.

"Ready?", he asked a few moments later and I nodded before I felt him going behind going me taking the blindfold off before he wrapped his arms around my waist. "Welcome home baby", he whispered just as I opened my ears.

"What ?", I asked as I looked at the sight in front of me before I turned wide-eyed to face him.

"Why are you so shocked, Geet? We are getting married tomorrow and isn't it time we both get a place to call home?", he asked.

"The orphanage has been home almost our own life, Maan.", I said taking his hand as we walked in. "I met the love of my life when I was only five, how often does that happen?" I asked when he suddenly started laughing.

"What ?', I asked in confusion.

"Nothing, I was just thinking that it doesn't happen often that a five-year old saves a kid who is two years older than her, and that too from boys who are also older from her."

I shrugged, "You were new to the orphanage and all I did was tell those boys to stop bugging you."

He chuckled, " Yeah sure, by punching them in their stomach, but if you hadn't saved me years ago then we would have never been friends and then more than friends.", he said pulling me close for a kiss. Moments later, we pulled apart as I finally turned my attention back to his surprise.

"But Maan, where did you get the money for this flat?"

"I have been saving ever since your sixteenth birthday, ever since I told you under the moonlight and stars that I loved you.", he said lovingly and I blushed a beetle red at the memory of our first kiss that had followed after that. 'Come on, let show you around." He took my hand in his as we started touring our new kingdom.

That meant that he had been saving money for over eight years now. I couldn't help but feel the bubble of happiness he had created for us. Even though the flat was decent with two bedrooms, a washroom, a living room and small-sized kitchen, it was a special feeling knowing it's ours.

After we had both left the orphanage when I was eighteen going to Delhi University with the scholarships we had earned with Maan getting a degree in architecture while I stuck with my passion for art. We had both gotten jobs after graduating and starting living separately; it was hard to believe we could have a place, which was only ours.

"So as you can see, I haven't bought any furniture or anything because I wanted you to design the house the way you wish. But there are only two things I wanted my way."

He took out his mobile before he punched a few buttons. He put the phone on speaker as the phone rang and suddenly I saw a phone ringing on the table.

I waited as the phone went to message, " Hi, you have reached the new Khurana residence. As you all may know that we just got married today and we are too busy enjoying ourselves so please leave a message so we can get back to you. Thanks."

I laughed throwing my head back as I heard the message. "I love it", I said simply as he chuckled next to me.

"So what's the second thing you wanted your way?"

"Just one second.", He said as he stopped in front of one of the closed doors.

"Let's see it then.", I said slowly opening the door shocked at the beautiful sight in front me. The small room was painted baby pink with a white crib set up and loads of toys . My eyes filled with tears as I took everything in.

"Happy tears?", he asked even though he had knew. He brought his finger tips close brushing the tears away as he hugged me close to his chest.

"This is Maya's room, isn't it ?", I asked knowing how much he wanted a daughter named after his late mother ,who had died of cancer when he was only seven and he had ended up at the orphanage with no family left. I envied him a little because he still carried a part of his family; someone who was his own blood and he still had a name that his mother gave him unlike me who was left as a newborn on the steps of the orphanage.

I felt his nod against my head and I didn't have look up to see the tears that must be rolling down his cheeks. 'Will you make a painting of my daughter and me someday?"

"Of course I will baby and we will hang in here." I reached up to cup his cheek looking at him with love. Sometimes, I can't believe my good fortune of finding such a loving man; the man I was going to marry tomorrow.

December 15th, 2004

I stood on the stairs of the church draped in a simple yet elegant white dress. This was one of my desires; to be married to the man I love in a church . Though, I had been named Geet by the orphanage, I still had the cross that was around my neck when I had been left at the orphanage as a newborn. Even though, I didn't need to regard the religion I was suppose to be seeing that my own family decided to abandon me; I still wore the same cross around my neck. Maan had known that I wanted to a Christian wedding though I hadn't said a word; that's how well he knew me. He had arranged for a small ceremony at the church and then a small reception with close friends who were like family to us.

"Geet, what are you doing outside?", a voice behind me asked.

Crap, I was caught. I turned around to see Meera; we were like sisters in every way possible as we grew up together at the orphanage. She was glaring at me hard. Technically, I was supposed to be waiting in a room inside the church instead of at the steps.

"Meera, Maan isn't here yet. He was suppose to be here before us.", I said with a slight trace of  worry in my voice.

"But Geet, you aren't suppose to be outside the church, and plus you can't meet him even if he did show up right now.", she said with a stern expression on her face. She was still pretending to be mad when Maan had kidnapped me yesterday without her permission.

"Yash was supposed to come to with Maan, let me call him.", Meera said mentioning the name of her boyfriend and Maan's best man. "God, why doesn't this idiot ever pick up ?', she said in frustration.

"Can I try calling Maan to see where he is ?", I asked cutely and I could see her expression soften so I knew the answer as I quickly called him and waited for him to pick up.

"Don't tell me you are missing me already", he teased as soon as he picked up.

"Where are you, Maan? I have been waiting for so long."

'Sorry baby, I forgot the ring at home so I had to go back to pick it up."

"Oh Maan, your forgetful memory will kill me someday.", I whined.

"I will die before you ,Geet, you know I won't ever be able to live without you.", he said as his voice suddenly grew serious and I mentally slapped myself. I should know better than to mention death in front of him. I was the only one he had in this world and after his mother's death; he couldn't lose me.

"I am sorry baby, I didn't realize what I was saying.", I said apologetically.

"I know, and now let me drive so I get to you soon. I should be there in fifteen minutes."

"Okay, I love you.", I said sending him a kiss through the phone.

"Love you too baby."

I grinned at Meera before she took me by the arm into the church as I waited for Maan to come.  Maan's fifteen minutes slowly turned into an hour and my worry started to get the best of me. I had tried his phone numerous times but he didn't pick up even once.

"Where could he be ?', I asked Meera as she watched me pace.

She walked up to me and held me by the shoulders, "Don't worry Geet, Yash went to look for him and he should be back any minute." She tried to reassure me but I could see the worry in her eyes as well. Just then, my phone started ringing and Yash's name flashed. I breathed a sigh of relief as I picked up the phone.

"Yash, did you finally find my idiot future husband?", I asked quickly. I waited, as I heard nothing on the other end. "Yash, you there?"

"Geet, you need to come to the hospital right now. Maan's been in a serious car accident.", he said and the phone slipped out of my hand as his words ran in my mind over and over again but I refused to believe them.

I jumped out of the car as soon as Meera hit the brakes stopping at the Delhi General Hospital. I ran through the hallway trying to not to trip over the hem of my white dress. I stopped at the reception as the nurse looked at me bewildered obviously shocked at seeing a bride at the hospital.

"Maan Singh Khurana, Where is he?", I asked as tears ran down my cheeks.

"He's in trauma room one but you can't see him yet Ma'am.", she said politely.

I ignored her as I turned around to go into trauma room one before I saw Yash. He took me into his embrace as my body shook with sobs, "How is he ?', I asked hoping for good news.

"I don't know yet Geet. The doctors are still working on him.", he said as he squeezed my arm for reassure.

The painful wait of hours somehow passed as Meera and Yash did their best to reassure me before the doctors finally came out. My words got stuck in my throat as I saw the defeated expression of doctors but I did somehow manage to get up.

I held my breath as the doctor to speak, " I am sorry but we couldn't do much. His injuries led to too much blood loss and you only have a couple hours at best with him. We are trying our best, but you should goodbye while you can ", he said as he reached out to touch my hand but I jerked away as I stared at him in shock. That couldn't be possible.

I turned on my heel and ran into the room; I gasped as I saw him bandaged to head to toe, an oxygen mask on and his eyes closed. The nurses quickly flied out as they saw me there stuck at the spot with a flood of tears running down my cheeks. This was all a nightmare; it had to be bad dream I was going to wake up any second now. My feet somehow managed to get to his bed and I whispered his name as I ran my hand through his soft black hair.

His eyes fluttered open at the sound of my voice and he tried to grip my hand but his hold was so loose and I held with all my might. 'Maan, how did this happen? We were supposed to be get married today." My body shook with sobs as I gripped his hand.

He struggled with his oxygen mask as he pulled it off, "I'am's-sorry.", he whispered, his voice was filled with sorrow and pain.

'Don't baby, you will be fine. You have to get better Maan."

He shook his head at me, as he knew just as well that he didn't have much time left. something I refused to accept.

"I...am leaving...this...world as a happy'.man Geet. I lived most of it...with the most perfect girl in this...world. You made my'life beautiful'so beautiful. But I wished I could'.leave as your husband.", he managed to say slowly.

I took in his words and I knew what I wanted to do. I wiped my tears away as I looked into his eyes, "Marry me Maan...let's get married like we had planned." His hand slowly slipped out of mine as he realized what I was saying. He shook his head at me with tear-filled eyes.

"Please Maan, I want to become your wife." I begged but he kept shaking his head refusing to give in. I knew he wanted to marry me but he wouldn't, knowing I would spend my own life as his widow and never move on. "Maan, all my life, you have fulfilled every small desire of mine; you have to give this one last wish."

He pulled off his mask once again as he tried to reason, "Geet, I can't'can't do this..to you."

"You won't deny me this happiness, I know you won't.", I wiped my tears away and bend down to brush my lips against his lightly to cut off his words.

I turned around to see Yash and Meera enter the room, "Don't worry Geet, I will take care of everything.", Yash reassured before he pulled out his cell phone and walked away.

"We are gathered here to witness the union of Geet and Maan Singh Khurana..", the minister started to say but to be honest, I was barely listening.

I have no idea how Yash arranged everything but we were actually getting married, against Maan's will but I know how much we both wanted this day. We dreamt of this day since the night of my sixteenth birthday. But not this way. Definitely not this way. We are supposed to have a lifetime together, a lifetime of smiles, love, tears and happiness. But now, we are not sure even sure of the next second.

I sat with Maan on the bed. My hands were clasped with Maan's so tightly that I was hurting with eyes only for each other. I blinked the tears away every few seconds so his face wouldn't blur in front of me. Every second was precious to me.

I slipped his wedding band in, planting a kiss right above it and guided his hand as he put mine on.

"Would you like to say your vows ?"

I turned to the minister, remembering the words I had worked on for days. I wanted them to be just right. But at this moment, I couldn't remember a word. Then I turned my eyes to Maan when he lightly squeezed my hand. Then, it  didn't matter what I had planned to say. I was going to talk from my heart.

I cleared my throat making him smile softly. "Maan...Maan, I love you so much. I vow to always love you, more and more everyday. I vow to cherish every moment with you as your wife."

Maan pulled off his oxygen mask. Doctors hovered close by. I shook my head at him trying to put the mask back on, telling him he doesn't need to say anything. I already know everything. But he is stubborn and I let him win.

"I...I...I vow to live...within the warmth of...your heart.", he says slowly, his words barely a whisper but filled with love and tenderness just like his eyes. His own body may be giving up on him but his eyes are still shining with love.

"Do you take each other as spouses?"

'I do", I say

"I..do."

"I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride."

I bent down to tenderly brush my lips together, attempting to pull away but somehow Maan holds me in for a longer, deeper kiss. I let my tears spill onto his cheeks as I hold him.

Somehow the room is suddenly empty, I didn't even notice. I carefully lay next to Maan settling my head on the crook of his neck, his hand on my waist, and my hand over his still beating heart, counting every beat. And we stay like that until his heart does stop beating and my tears never stop flowing.

December 15th, 2012

I looked at the clock just as it stroked twelve. Picking up myself up and wiping tears before I went to see him. I walked into the bedroom to see his smiling face.

"Happy Anniversary baby", I whisper, caressing the canvas, desperately carving the feel of his stubble on my fingers.

"Happy Anniversary Wifey.", I heard a faint voice in my heart.

True to his vow, he still lives in my heart. And he will forever. And true to my vow, I love him more and more everyday. We kept our vows alive even when destiny fought against it. 

So...how was it ? Let me how u liked it...😳

Comment and Like :)

Love,love,love

Reya <3

Edited by maankigeet4ever - 12 years ago
sanu3108 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
meee    

the lump in my throat just refuse to die down ...   πŸ˜­
Edited by sanu3108 - 12 years ago

Originally posted by: sanu3108

meee    

the lump in my throat just refuse to die down ...   πŸ˜­

ummm...ummm...ummm...
AvNeil123 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
awww a very emotional os πŸ˜­
nats0101 thumbnail
really emotional
beautiful os!!
princess163 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
res
😭

True to his vow, he still lives in my heart. And he will forever. And true to my vow, I love him more and more everyday. We kept our vows alive when destiny fought against it.-πŸ‘

TQ in action😭
Edited by princess163 - 12 years ago
smallville thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
So very emotional!!
Awesome!!!
kamiya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
even it's emotional
but u wrote it amazingly