Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

soulsoup thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Originally posted by: chatbuster

yaar, i am not talking of the public for the heck of it. am just saying that someone has to patronize the arts. in the west, it's been the rockefellers, the guggenheims etc. In times past, it was royalty or the landed gentry. in our society, we dont have the rich supporting the arts. so what's the option? public. whether we like it or not, without the patronage, we have situations where gifted people dont get money for treatment.

incidentally, what have most of the folks who rail against the new sgmp format been up to? did they ever spend a dime out of their pockets to support the old format? of course, aside from subscribing to zee, a subsciption which in any case came loaded with other shows and other channels? see, there is no real support even from the music gunijan. as long as we are not prepared to spend our own money, why should we have any high expectations?

Great point Rahul (again a golden moment - we agreed 😲)
Patronizing by the rich or powerful people of Art is not only western culture - it was there in ancient India too.

Imagine who would have built those great temple or mosque (architectural art) without patronization from the Maharajas or the Badshas!

Anuradha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I really miss the format of SRGMP.. Though TRP's are to be considered, If public voting is not there, then wont anyone watch the show?? 😕 😕 😕

After Indian Idol and KBC people started having interest in reality shows than the serial with melo dramas... I am sure that even if there is no public voting, people who like this show will surely watch it.. More over only to get the public voting, performance is considered.. else i dont think performance is considered a lot.. Even in C2005, performance was based only on singing and not on dancing and other dramas...

Gajji thinks by showing all these dramas, he can raise the TRP of the show... but tats not the case.. SRGMP C2005 TRP was the best because the singing was fabo in it and they brought in a new format of mahayudh... But EMET is not the case.. The performance is based here on the emet and dancing and chemistry.. What does chemistry do here for singing?? no one knows...

So, I think there should be no public voting and the old form of SRGMP should be brought in again.. This will really increase the TRP
Qwest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kishore_bhakta

Greetings, everybody!

I just finished watching the 18th episode today and I agree with Hariharan that art cannot be quantified by people. Just because the majority of people does one thing doesn't make it right. Can one really measure how much energy one can infuse?

Think about what the votes say. A person votes for their favorite candidate. One must understand that everyone has their own favorites. Once the votes are all tallied up, the candidate with the least fans are eliminated. Imagine if we treated our legendary singers like this. If you were to look at a club of music fans, you will see that Rafisaab has a bigger fan following, then Kishoreda, and then Mukesh. Is it really fair to say that just because Mukesh has a smaller fan following, it is right to neglect their space?

HAVING SAID TIHS....

Since public voting eliminated great singers from the beginning of C-2005 and EMET, I think it would be a shame of their exits to stop public voting now. Finish EMET off with public voting and I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE GS will get the hint that he does not need to compete with other shows or try too hard to compete with SRGMP's glory.

If you want to talk about glory, yesterday's episode with late Naushad Ali's tribute said it all.

Bhakta Da, thanks great point but we also need to remember that there is a big generation gap taking place changes is happening in the music industry also we might have to learn to leave with the new taste and style. Yes Glory is lost and and as you said late Naushad Ali's tribute said it all. Thanks.!!!!!!!!!!!
Anuradha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: chatbuster

"Let me ask the old Q again - how many here used to watch SRGMP before C2005"

Anol, good question.

i wld watch it maybe once in a while, that too mostly accidentally if i happened to come upon it while channel surfing. became very regular with c2005. now watch emaet but am not riveted to it like i was to c2005. have also missed some emaet episodes but have not lost any sleep over that.😊

I agree with you.. but, SRGMP before C2005 was not watched much by all of them as there were many melo dramas going on.. and ppl were into serials rather than the reality shows...

but after the start of KBC, Indian Idol etc. ppl started realising that more than melo dramas exiting is the reality shows...

So, when SRGMP C2005 was brought, ppl started liking the format... And there were not many who started watching it frm beginning... but because of the quality of singing in the show, ppl started liking it and started watching.. after II was over, C2005 was going on and ppl were loving the songs and music...

In india, even if the movie is not good, now days the songs are hit.. why? after these reality shows, ppl started liking music and they are into it...
zapman thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kishore_bhakta

I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE GS will get the hint that he does not need to compete with other shows or try too hard to compete with SRGMP's glory.

Of course, he HAS to compete with other show. He HAS to sell what the audience will buy. Or else the show will get smaller audience, smaller funding, and will eventaully stop.

If WE stop watching it (in big numbers) then they will be forced to rethink. What is the likelihood of that happening?