Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
we always talk about classic dramas of past.. like Haseena Moeen's, Moeen Akhtar's classics.. but most of us youngsters have not seen them..
lets just discuss the serials which qualifies to be classic serials of the present time..

Malaal

i really liked it because of its urbanized theme.. the story was well etched, the characters were real, the acting was top notch, the pace was spot on & the dialogue seemed straight out of life..infact dialogues were the best part of the drama.. not once you felt that they were dramatized.. they seemed real.. like the ones you use in your daily life..

Daam

this one stands out for its story...its different from other run-of-a-mill type stories. Every character is well etched. the relations are taken care with utmost sensitivity be it the relation of two siblings (aminah & adeel), two friends (aminah & sanam baloch) or sisters (sanam & her sisters) even the character of the shrewd maama-maami. The story is very well written by Umera Ahmad.. one of her finest work..

Vasl

another different story.. well handed.. i liked the way they potrayed Ayesha Khan torn between her two families one of her present husband's and one of her ex-husband's.. the only flaw in this one was the Ahsan-Juggan track.. the sudden change in Juggan's character (physically & attitude wise) looked forced and unjustified.. they were good till they get married .. after that their track became annoying

Meri zaat zarra-e-benishan

if you watch this serial now you will find quite a few flaws.. but at that time it was the most watched serial.. everyone was hooked to it.. though it dragged in last few epis, Imran & Sarwat's track did not get that exposure as it deserved but the top performance by everyone and story was fantastic.

Humsafar

this one has beaten all the records of populations in Pakistani tv history..there isnt much to talk about story wise but the direction, scripting & acting (almost by everyone) is top notch, title track is a rage & the whole treatment to the show is 👍🏼

i'll add more later.. running out of time atm

Edited by Usman. - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MairaKhan1180 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
My favorite two are "Meri Zaat Zara-e-Benishan" and of course "Humsafar"😊
Meeph thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Malal?:0
Seriously?:s
I dont think it should b added in this list.:/

What about Doraha,i remember that even it created a rage but on a lower level.
649486 thumbnail
I'm very biased I think all our dramas are classics in one way or another :-)
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tanya.91

<font size="4">Have not you and others watched classics like Ankahi, Tanhaiyan, Waris, Sona Chandi etc ???
If not then I seriously feel pity for the new generation.

Do watch these true great and highly entertaining dramas, and you'll forget these daams, vasls, humsafarsss etc who are just like garbage in front of these classics.

I watched both generations, and I can say that with total confidence and without any bias at all.
</font>

Umm perhaps he has seen them.. He's just referring to recent dramas.. No need to bring old classics in..

I love Vasl to the core though. Beautiful Presentation. I thought Vasl would be crap and Noor Bano awesome but it was the opposite.

Now classics.

Mehndi
Aagosh
Aashiyaana
Mano-Salwa
Dil Diya Dehleez
Jhumka Jaan
Doraha
Dastaan
Edited by Sana.B - 12 years ago
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Vasl was so good.. dramas with Faisal Rehman are usually good..

I would like to add Main Abdul Qadir hoon.. It was an excellent drama..

Mera Naseeb 😳
Usman. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tanya.91

Have not you and others watched classics like Ankahi, Tanhaiyan, Waris, Sona Chandi etc ???
If not then I seriously feel pity for the new generation.

Do watch these true great and highly entertaining dramas, and you'll forget these daams, vasls, humsafarsss etc who are just like garbage in front of these classics.

I watched both generations, and I can say that with total confidence and without any bias at all.

umm i have seen few of those.. but most of my frnz, colleagues have not seen them.. but in this particular thread i'm talking about dramas of present times...
and calling these serials garbage is a bit rude no?
Usman. thumbnail

Originally posted by: meepha

Malal?:0
Seriously?:s
I dont think it should b added in this list.:/

What about Doraha,i remember that even it created a rage but on a lower level.

umm you dint like malaal??

it is one of my favorites... and i have not seen Doraha hence did not add it..
Usman. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pulwasha

Vasl was so good.. dramas with Faisal Rehman are usually good..

I would like to add Main Abdul Qadir hoon.. It was an excellent drama..

Mera Naseeb 😳

i forgot to add Abdul Qadir.. it was 👍🏼 and Fahad was awesome in this one

Mera naseeb.. it was good but i dint like the past story of their mothers..
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Mera Naseeb got boring at one point. Sanam kept the drama going for me.. Syra had the same expression in every scene.

MAQH was really good too, but somewhere in the middle I gave up. Near the end I started watching it again though.