Qissa Char Darvesh(ARY)Review

chaha_khan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

I have always been a fan of situational comedies. The cheap, vulgar, and crass humor, which is seen today in every other sit-com, is just not my type. When I first saw the promo of Qissa Chaar Darvesh; I got confused. I could not understand why ARY was putting this on a Thursday. Well, now I know… the channel is high on comedy shows these days [ Shaadi Mubararak, Quddusi Saheb Ki Bewah], it's a different thing they're not working.
Coming back to the serial, Qissa Chaar Darvesh is Aaliyan's[Asif Raza Mir] story, who has four wives. His first wife, Aarifa [Shagufta Ejaz] is a gaon wali. She is the one who injects humor in this serial. The other wife is Sara [Irsa] is his first love, and an educated woman. She is strong-headed. His third wife Maira [ Jana Malik] is seedhi saadhi, and on the other hand is fourth,and last, wife Rafiya [Nausheen] is actually behind the money.
All set and done, the story starts unfolding slowly, and the initial episodes are actually acceptable. The confrontation between Aarifa and Aaliyan is exciting, but unfortunately the twists are boring. Everything is predictable[strange promotion there]. The serial starts strictly okay, but once Aaliyan is settled with all four wives, the story just goes downhill. The whole deceiving track doesn't work. Jana Malik's track is another sore thumb. I have no idea why she had to die? What was the writer [Sharaf-un-Nisa] thinking when she penned down this script ?
I fail to understand what the real intention was? Were they trying to make us laugh? FAIL!! Were they trying to teach us? FAIL! Were they trying to just full the slot? PASS! Yes, this is exactly what the serial has done for the channel. This mess is directed by Nadeem Siddiqui, who is not in form at all, but script is more to be blamed here. Why is he after quantity and not quality?
The OST is fun. The editing is poor (seriously…. the placement of some scenes surprised me). The script is weak. The serial is funny in the beginning but goes different route then and all we see is the same stuff. Repeated lines... The serial looks stretched and bores you. I think an episodic would suit this story better.
Acting is the only good thing about this one. Asif Raza Mir is a fabulous actor, and even though he looks miscast [read uncomfortable] at times, but pulls it off well. Shagufta Ejaz is pleasant. She is easily one of the best actresses we have today. It is a pleasure watching Irsa back onscreen. The actress has confidence and the fire to pull off this role.Jana Malik has been on fire since returning onscreen. The actress doesn't get much to do here, but does justice to her role nevertheless. Nausheen springs a great surprise. The actress is immensely likeable. Her dialogue delivery andexpressions have really improved. The rest of the cast fills well.
Over all, there was no need to waste the time and energy in producing this kind of serial. The writer is the biggest culprit here. There is nothing in the script to look forward to. DISAPPOINTED!

Rating :