Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Pulwasha Asian Wok and Roll (the one I go to) beside Meadowvale Go, near Eddie. I prefer going there because the restaurant is bigger and less crowded than Eddies. Plus their menu is exactly the same.

Bamiyan is far. There is a Pamier Kabab in our area though. At least there is a Bamiyan right outside York, I just walk to it since I live there.
Edited by canuck-umz - 12 years ago
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: BlackStar.

Culture? Look? Dress?

Sindhi girls are distinct.. I'm talking about city girls okay... They are usually fair, good height, slender and very straight nose, sharp jawline etc..

Their accent is evident.. I can tell cuz I have lived 15 years in Karachi capital of Sindh..no matter how good urdu they speak their accent will say at some point they are Sindhi..

the most famous traditional Sindhi shawls are Ajrak.. the Sindhi Razais (picture under)..etc..culture is very related to hinduism.. They have a lot of hindu customs too on the weddings.. Sindh was a part of Bombay before partition that's why the language Sindhi and Marathi some words are the same too..

In Marathi you'd say Tuzha Naazv ka aahe? (what's your name)
In Sindhi we say Tunjho naalo cha aahe?

as for the wedding customs Sindhi's do tel haldi... just like Hindus

Garo dhago where they tie the groom/bride a red/yellow/orange dhaaga on their wrist

Paon dhulai.. the bride's brother washes both groom and bride's feet..

Doodh pilayi.. both have to drink from the same milk..

Angoothi dhundayi.. they have to look for angoothi's in the a big thaal like in movies you know πŸ˜†

they drink some white drink too like bhaang..it has nasha not everybody the people in interior for sure..

A lot of young Sindhi boys get married to older Sindhi girls just to keep the girls in family they don't let her marry outisde.. when the guy turns 18 the bride can live with him but by then the bride would be like a 14-15 years older than him..

Most of the people are getting rid of these jahilana rasams but there are some people who still do it.. My mami is a sindhi but they don't do stuff like that.. they are a little bit of a subtle Sindhi..

MakhannMalaai thumbnail

Originally posted by: canuck-umz

Pulwasha Asian Wok and Roll (the one I go to) beside Meadowvale Go, near Eddie. I prefer going there because the restaurant is bigger and less crowded than Eddies. Plus their menu is exactly the same.

Bamiyan is far. There is a Pamier Kabab in our area though. At least there is a Bamiyan right outside York, I just walk to it since I live there.

Okaaayy.. If it's Halal I'll definitely try.. I'm a sucker for food man..πŸ˜† I love food..

Bamiyan is good-okay..ummm yeaahh theek thak hi hai..
canuck-umz thumbnail
Meepha - who are you living with? I totally get it, I live alone so sometimes I have to make food for myself. Currently, my mom is out of the country so my sister is cooking (she doesn't cook either).

Sana - I have also only visited Pakistan a few times. I am not born Canadian but was raised here and was born somewhere else.

Pulwasha - Woah thanks for the information. I know some Punjabis do similar rasams. I have seen the doodh pilayi rasam. Also, in Mayun ubtan is applied. However, rituals mostly depend on the family and they vary family to family.

You are just like me. Eating is my favourite hobby. Hungry I eat, bored I eat, stressed I eat, happy I eat, sad I eat etc.
Meeph thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Meepha - who are you living with? I totally get it, I live alone so sometimes I have to make food for myself. Currently, my mom is out of the country so my sister is cooking (she doesn't cook either).

You are just like me. Eating is my favourite hobby. Hungry I eat, bored I eat, stressed I eat, happy I eat, sad I eat etc.

Brothers who can't move their ass to do anything and if they cook,holy shit it tastes like crap.😲

Yeah,it sucks...
saarey nakhrey khattam

and m a huge foodie.
like 24/7 m munching somethingπŸ˜† so yeah,i have put on ALOT of weight man.
canuck-umz thumbnail

Originally posted by: MeephRun

Brothers who can't move their ass to do anything and if they cook,holy shit it tastes like crap.😲

Yeah,it sucks...
saarey nakhrey khattam

and m a huge foodie.
like 24/7 m munching somethingπŸ˜† so yeah,i have put on ALOT of weight man.

Awww lol, at least my sister's food is still decent. I would usually take a week's worth of food from home to uni but the weeks I don't go home at all I have to make food or buy it. Lol well my brother and I are still showing nakhrey to my sister, we are such ingrates πŸ˜†

Awww you, Pulwasha and I should eat together since we love food so much. I will introduce you to all the good halal restaurants too. Luckily, I don't put on weight, I lose weight easily but don't put it on really so I end up eating wayyy more.

MakhannMalaai thumbnail

Awww lol, at least my sister's food is still decent. I would usually take a week's worth of food from home to uni but the weeks I don't go home at all I have to make food or buy it. Lol well my brother and I are still showing nakhrey to my sister, we are such ingrates πŸ˜†

Awww you, Pulwasha and I should eat together since we love food so much. I will introduce you to all the good halal restaurants too. Luckily, I don't put on weight, I lose weight easily but don't put it on really so I end up eating wayyy more.

OMGG I hate you.. I need to lose A lot of weight right now.. a lot..πŸ˜† I eat I love food..

In Sindhis/Punjabis they mix chameli ka tel with Haldi and put it on the groom, bride.. When I went for my aunt's wedding we bought the Ubtan and I put it on as a cleanser.. woaaahhh I looked so white after that πŸ˜† I don't find it here.. It brings a nice glow to the face..

EDIT: as we are talking about food I feel obligated to tell you guys that I just ate a very yummy aachar chicken with Matar Pulao.. it is sooo good..I hope some of it is left so I can have a second shift (and I talk about losing weight) Yeah story of my life..πŸ˜†
Edited by -ChillMahaul- - 12 years ago
canuck-umz thumbnail

Originally posted by: -ChillMahaul-

OMGG I hate you.. I need to lose A lot of weight right now.. a lot..πŸ˜† I eat I love food..

In Sindhis/Punjabis they mix chameli ka tel with Haldi and put it on the groom, bride.. When I went for my aunt's wedding we bought the Ubtan and I put it on as a cleanser.. woaaahhh I looked so white after that πŸ˜† I don't find it here.. It brings a nice glow to the face..

EDIT: as we are talking about food I feel obligated to tell you guys that I just ate a very yummy aachar chicken with Matar Pulao.. it is sooo good..I hope some of it is left so I can have a second shift (and I talk about losing weight) Yeah story of my life..πŸ˜†

I need ubtan!!! I am sooo tanned right now even though I am a light-skinned person (I have no problem with any type of skin colour but on myself I like my natural colour).

You are lucky. I am having to eat my sister's cooking. I am not a fan of gosht and chicken only sometimes but I lovee achaar chicken and matar pulao (I do like vegetarian food). I had chaney ka salan.

I am sure you are fine the way you are as long as you are eating in moderation. I am just metabolically skinny so I eat like a pig without caring. I swear you better not be 100 pounds or less and saying you need to lose weight. Btw if you are tall then your weight is according to that as well.
MakhannMalaai thumbnail

I need ubtan!!! I am sooo tanned right now even though I am a light-skinned person (I have no problem with any type of skin colour but on myself I like my natural colour).

You are lucky. I am having to eat my sister's cooking. I am not a fan of gosht and chicken only sometimes but I lovee achaar chicken and matar pulao (I do like vegetarian food). I had chaney ka salan.

I am sure you are fine the way you are as long as you are eating in moderation. I am just metabolically skinny so I eat like a pig without caring. I swear you better not be 100 pounds or less and saying you need to lose weight. Btw if you are tall then your weight is according to that as well.

Whaaatt?? LOL LOL Ohhh I wish I was a 100 lb not even close Canuck.. NOT EVEN..πŸ˜† I'm moti sachi..

hopefully I'll get to lose some.. I'm a normal height.. 5'3 not very tall either..

I'm tanned too.. Totally I have no issues with skin colors but one me I like my color so yeaahh.. I hope I get better in winter..
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Woah.. When did Bamiyan open outside of York?
Yah we eat Pameer too it's the same thing just closer...
There's a Bamiyan on Dixie though..

Pallo, thanks for the info..
The only rasam we do in our family is the doodh pallayi..
Man I wish I was Sindhi.. I want good height too.. πŸ˜† Annd yes I know it's in the genes but still..
So basically most Sindhi city girls have sharp features?