Article : WHY DON'T WE SEE THIS ?

chaha_khan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Last Week, we gave you part 1 of this "Why Don't We See This", highlighting few things that our makers are missing these days. Part 1 got good reviews, and criticism at the same time. Today, we are back with second, and last part of the series.

Period Serials / Based in Old Era

Any one remembers Tipu Sultan, that aired almost a decade back on PTV? The serial was a huge hit with its magnificent cast, beautiful sets, and excellent use of props. People loved it for the uniqueness it brought, and also taught us a chapter.
Today, we do not see such serials any more. Why? May be because they are too expensive to make, or may be because our makers see no market for such television products. It surprises me because Indian shows, that are based on such stories, are quite popular in Pakistan itself. [ i.e: chandargupt moria]. The last serial that was based on an old era was Dastaan, and it was a huge hit.
Hopefully we'll soon see serials based on lives of our heroes, showing the struggle, love and everything in between.

Youth or Children oriented stuff

Producers today think, the only person who has the time to watch television is a woman. I have spoken to many producers about it, and this is the answer I always get. Yes, women might make the highest number of viewers today, but that is only because we are not making any thing for our youth or children. How can you expect children to watch a "Samdhan", or youth to adore something like "Maat"?
None of our main channels are showing cartoons? HUM TV airs Hollywood Blockbuster once-a-month, which is a good thing, but why can't we have our own shows that cater to children?
Dreamers was the last show made featuring the youngsters in mind, and was a smash hit. It proves that all those teenagers out there are hungry for entertainment. This is why serials like Dill Mill Gaye are still so popular here.

PROMOTIONS

Do they even know what promotion is? Is promotion just putting your bill board at two places in the city, or airing your adv. every half an hour? NO! It is making people know you are arriving, and making sure you arrive with a bang.
GEO certainly knows how to promote. We've seen them going all out with Bol and their reality shows. Onechannel that sucks at promotion is ARY, which is the current number one channel. We sometime are not even aware of what shows are airing on the channel.
Our channels need to up the game if they really want to kick the competition out and rule the roost.

CELEBS BEHAVING LIKE CELEBS

They say it right, "we do not have stars in our country anymore." IWe are to blame for this, bu all those so-called-celebrities also deserve to share the blame equally. We might not be treating them as stars nomore, but that is because they do not deserve to be treated that way. This is why we will not see another Waheed Murad or Noor Jehan again.
We have stopped idolising stars, because our stars have themselves idolizing bigger stars. There is so much that has to be corrected. You can not like an Ali Zafar when you hear him say , " Salman Khan is the best dresser." You will prefer idolizing Salman Khan instead. I hope this gets better soon.

PROPER CHAT SHOW

I once got a chance to speak to a director discussing a potential chat show. My idea was giving viewers a chat show that gave them a chance to know the superstars. [aka. Koffee with Karan], but unfortunately my request was denied on some strange grounds.
I think there is a huge need for such shows. Those morning shows do not help us knowing the stars. They are there just for their gags. We need the celebs to sit on a couch and let us know what they are. Hopefully we'll see something like this soon.
I have been told the major problem is our stars saying NO to all these shows, but I have to disagree. If they are given the right treatment, they surely will grace the show. [ aka Ayesha Khan on Speaking Honestly]
Our media also needs to play the role properly.

Well this is it for now. You can once again let us know of your opinion using the comment box. Thank You for reading.

http://www.tvkahani.com/WEBSITE/Articles/when-will-we-see-this2.html