WHY DON'T WE SEE THIS ?

chaha_khan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

I am a huge fan of our Television Industry. I have been following it for years, and have written numerous articles, reviews, and columns on the happenings in our small, but happening industry. I have met numerous actors, producers, and directors who work with one vision, and that is to 'change-the-world', but I fail to understand why we don't see them doing it.
We have been seeing the same run-of-the-mill romances, beaten-to-death tragedies, and oh-i-have-seen-it-before twists. There is so much to try and show, but we fail to do so. Today, I point out what we are missing, and I hope there's someone listening.

DANCE REALITY SHOW

So You Think You Can Dance? , Nach Baliye, Dance India Dance etc., are few dance reality shows that have created a name and carved a niche for themselves. These shows are not only popular across the border, but have a huge fanbase in ou country too. My question is, WHEN WILL WE SEE A GOOD DANCE REALITY SHOW OF OUR OWN?
Yes, ARY did attempt 'Nachley', and I loved the show. The last season was phenomenal, and *surprise surprise*, it even earned itself some good ratings, but when will we have other channels giving us those hyped dance shows? Why is HUM TV airing India's Just Dance, instead of producing its own? We have some phenomenal dancers in our country. Why don't we give them a chance to come out and show their talent to the world? There has to be an audition-based dance reality show here, and it has to come fast.

SITUATIONAL COMEDY

Yes, Bubulay is a huge success. Everyone adores the show, but at the same time it is crass, and vulgar(no two opinions on that). We might love momo, but we surely love the situational comedies that were hugely popular in early 2000s. Don't you miss Miss.Fit, Family Front etc.? We have more sitcoms coming, but they all are unfortunately trying the over-the-top humor derived from Bulbulay. Why try to make another Bulbulay when we can have another Family Front?
Even India's Khichdi is still very popular in Pakistan. Why? Because it had characters worth remembering, dialogues you can watching with family, and humor that made you move those facial muscles. I do not know how many of you agree, but I am very hungry from some classic comedy.

NEW FACES

Faysal Qureshi, Humayun Saeed, Ayesha Khan, Sanam Baloch are some of the names we see in every other drama today. It looks like they have hijacked into our television screens, and not willing to go. When will we see new faces? There are millions of good-looking,talented, and passionate individuals willing to show their skills on our screens, but they never get a chance to. Why? may be because the makers are too busy keeping their friends happy. When will we see new faces on our screen? It is high time now.

Well, this is it for now, but we'll surely come back soon with Part-II of the 'Why Don't We See This' series. Let us know what more you want to see on our screen by using the comment section.

http://www.tvkahani.com/WEBSITE/Articles/when-will-we-see-this.html