What's your Take on Change in Timeslots?

notavailable thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Recently we've seen quite a few changes in the timeslots of a lot of serials on most of the channels some minor and some very major.

Minor changes in the sense, Geo keeps reshuffling their programs from 8 to 8:30pm to again 8pm and the soaps like Kaash Main teri Beti Na Hoti hasn't had a fixed timeslot from Day 1.. shifted from 8pm to 9pm and now I think it airs at 7pmπŸ˜†

Major:

Merey Chara Gar went from airing on Saturdays to Tuesdays (one of the most boring days of the week)..

then came Kuch Pyar Ka Pagal Pan which was shifted from Fridays to Sundays at a late timeslot..

and most recently Kaala Jaadu which was suddenly shifted to fill the void on ARY to Tuesdays from Fridays.. This is the 3rd change in the show's timeslot and only half of the show has aired so farπŸ˜† Who knows? How many more times the timeslot will change again till it finishesπŸ˜†

Even Mora Piya which seems to be doing quite well on Fridays has now been shifted to Wednesdays at 9pm!

Akbari Asghari went from Saturdays to Thursdays only to accomodate the mega super hit, Humsafar.

So much reshuffling has happened some of which that has benefited and some hasnt.. like KPKPP seems to be doing better on Sundays than on Fridays as per the ratings..

My Question is... Does it make a difference to you when ur fave show airs or it doesnt matter..

How fair is it for a channel to keep reshuffling the timeslot of a channel so many times, that the viewer almost forgets that the show is on air or even off air??

Or do time changes happen to only smaller Production Houses that have practically no say in the matter? Had Mora Piya been from AnB productions or Six Sigma or 7th Sky would the time change still have happened?

Or the channels are of the opinion that by putting a strong show like Meray Chara Ger on a weak day like Tuesday will help increase the ratings for that show instead of allowing Humsafar to overshadow it on a Saturday??

Had Humsafar been on a Monday or a Wednesday would it have still been as popular?

Overall in any scenario can a change in timeslot be justified at all?

Ok, guys, now the balls in your court!πŸ˜† Awaiting your replies!!πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by howzzat - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sadffi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I think Serials on Friday and Saturday have high TRP's..
I want Kaala jadu back on friday...
notavailable thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thats true that they get higher TRPs on weekends..

But Kaala Jaadu was doing pretty well on Friday.. Do you think it'll do better on Tuesdays now?
itzMYattitude thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
thanks for telling that mora piya's time slot has been changed
i thought its having huge rating

have never watched kuch pyar

but about mery charagar, the decission wasn't wrong but i think the time it was shifted on tuesday slot was wrong
when geo was aware the viewers have already choosen humsafar n maaye ni n both were having huge fan following then y the hell they spoil their play???
the story was quite good
they shifted the play, when maaye ni was going to end
shadi mubarak was going to replace maaye ni n that was quite known that shadi mubark can never capture the viewers of maaye ni
then what the need was to change the time??? mere charagar was having the charm to snatch the ratings of ary but they didn't availed the chance. i dont know y???
decision of airing kaala jadu at 9 pm n then replacing it with kuch pyar was real wise decision
kaala jadu when aired at 9 there wasn't any other play on air at that time. so all the viewers of prime time watched kaala jadu
when kaala jadu was shifted to 8 pm slot, even the viewers of maat n mora piya were watching the same play at 9 pm
now what, they were following the play so many of them will watch the play even at 8 pm slot
n at the time when time slot was changed, the story was completetly changing its phase, so for sure attracted the viewers
buttt now again changing the time slots of friday both by ary n geo, i guess they r giving chance to hum to gain rating for their upcoming play
i can't understand the logic behind
not at all a good decision by both the channels
after maat will end, the viewers will suppose to shift towards mora piya n kaala jadu, becoz they were aware of the story
before they couldn't watched it becoz of maat but now their second priority even it was kaala jadu or mora piya, will become the first one
there was a chance then yyy????
my issue is that on friday there isn't any sami khan's play on air
tuesday was already having one
so kaala jadu should be on friday πŸ˜†
in short, they want rating doing everything they can do for this
now media is just a game of ratings more than means of entertainment
puzzling the viewers every week
Taify thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Kaala Jadu is a massive flop and ARY is regretting it as they bought this one for a huge sum of money.

KPKPPBT isnt a hit either. The show started strong but then went down hill...

Mora Piya has everything against it, but I think it is a mistake shuffling itx time as now Maat is ending, and MP had a chance.
Mere Charagar was changed bcz GEO thinks it has potential but couldnt sustain due to Humsafar and Maaye Ni.(right decision, but too late)

as ofr GEO's 8 to 8:20 and back... they first did it to counter Indian Shows but then HUM TV started itx own line up of serials and GEO went back on itx 8PM to gain more viewers.
Taify thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
and now the myth that trps=weekend has been broken.

Kaafir is doing exceptionally well, and before Kaafir, JO CHALAY was a huge hit.

They never put a good serial on tues and wed... if they do i am sure they can get good ratings.
itzMYattitude thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Taify

Kaala Jadu is a massive flop and ARY is regretting it as they bought this one for a huge sum of money.

KPKPPBT isnt a hit either. The show started strong but then went down hill...

Mora Piya has everything against it, but I think it is a mistake shuffling itx time as now Maat is ending, and MP had a chance.
Mere Charagar was changed bcz GEO thinks it has potential but couldnt sustain due to Humsafar and Maaye Ni.(right decision, but too late)

as ofr GEO's 8 to 8:20 and back... they first did it to counter Indian Shows but then HUM TV started itx own line up of serials and GEO went back on itx 8PM to gain more viewers.

hmmm really
but its seems a low budget play yr
there's any highly paid actor of AnBs in it even
y then???
not an amazing director πŸ˜•